Sherbytes: Industry News Megathread, v.1

It looks cool but these games need to start releasing. It feels like China has at least a dozen of these gorgeous action rpgs and we just wait and wait and wait. Looking forward to it if it does indeed release.
Dont get ya hopes up...theyre either vaporware, or play like shit.

Sword and Fairy 7 looks pretty, in the cutscenes but cheats by having shit textures everywhere, copy paste assets, invisible walls. And the game has no feedback with its combat system.

Ive not played one Chinese game Ive enjoyed.

Also has anyone seen that trailer Wyrdosong or whatever its called. Biggest piece of shit....''Our devs have made other well received games, and now theyre making a new game, please be excited....''

Fuck off, show some gameplay, hell even a CGI film.....no one gives a shit otherwise, unless youre an Elder Scrolls game.

I caved on a few chinese action RPGs, as they had good trailers, screenshots, and some decent reviews on Steam. They were all ass.
One common thing I always found with the games I tried, was how floaty the combat feels.
You fucking nailed it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My most anticipated game this year.

1. Final Fantasy Crisis Core
2. Callisto Protocol
3. Pentiment
4. GOW Ragnorak
5. Persona 5 PC....havent played the OG, nearly finished P4G before dropping it.

Some others Ill play TLOU on PC, Scorn, New Tales from the Borderlands [I know, I know....but Telltales game is one of my favourite ever], RE Re:verse, RE8 DLC, Steelrising etc

But tbh I look forward to my backlog more with games like Kingdom Come [Gotta finish this all time great RPG], KOTOR II, Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 [played a lot of the first but life got in the way] etc.

"From the makers of 6 games, comes a game"
Seriously, their marketing team failed on that one. Im actually put off by their attempt of building a hype for a seemingly non existent game.

You fucking nailed it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Callisto Protocol
3. Pentiment
4. GOW Ragnorak
5. Persona 5 PC....havent played the OG, nearly finished P4G before dropping it.

Some others Ill play TLOU on PC, Scorn, New Tales from the Borderlands [I know, I know....but Telltales game is one of my favourite ever], RE Re:verse, RE8 DLC, Steelrising etc

But tbh I look forward to my backlog more with games like Kingdom Come [Gotta finish this all time great RPG], KOTOR II, Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 [played a lot of the first but life got in the way] etc.
I forgot about Crisis Core and P5 Royal edition

I haven't finished P5 og either, got about halfway through. Those are going to be excellent Steam Deck titles!

I'm just about finished KOTOR 2. I love it, but I've had so many issues with it. I lost an entire 30 hours a few years ago when my cloud save failed. I had to buy a new pc, save file was corrupted brining it over too.

In my current run, the analogue sticks stopped workong for KOTOR on my Deck after the last update. Thankfully my cloud saves are working, so I'm playing it on my dekatop. However, after a battle, the charactee I used last won't move. I have to switch to a different party member.

That's fine and all, but I'm currently on a solo mission for HK 47, which I didn't even choose. He won't move after a battle right away. Takes about 2 minutes before reacts to inputs. This fucking game I tell ya lol

Are you having similar issues?

lol, I liked Lords of the Fallen. I don't know if you played through it, but there are only two weapons worth using, and it takes a bit to get them. The rest are slow AF. I loved the aesthetic and the chunky armours/graphics. I played it years after release though. I heard it was a buggy mess at launch. It was still a bit janky, and had limited enemy variety, but I had fun with it.

Deck 13 (Surge guys) made it, so you're right, there's a new/in house studio making it. They've put a lot of time into this, and there's a lot riding on it for them, so I'm excited to see what they do with it. Did they say they were using Unreal Engine 5? I absolutely detest CGI only trailers though.

Speaking of Deck 13 (Surge guys). They're making Atlas Fallen, another Souls-like also featured here. Another CGI borefest though.

One common thing about both games is it looks like they'll have coop. Lords of the Fallen confirmed that. I can't be excited for either until I see gameplay.

Games I'm excited for

-Lies of P looks pretty freaking awesome. They weren't afraid to show us gameplay/in game graphics. The world looks so good!

-Outlast Trials looks nice and twisted

-Homeworld 3, love those games, hope some of the og devs are on board.

- Calisto Protocol, can't wait!

-The Expanse. I hope they have some of the great Telltale writers for it. Drummer is a compelling character, and the world has so much potential for great stories.

-Warhammer Darktide, almost here!!
Haha I think just you, me and deadshot liked LOTF.

This new reboot or sequel or whatever it is could be good but yeah we need gameplay footage before taking it too seriously.

Very Bloodbornesque. I would have liked to see more attacks from each weapon instead of just light attack R1 spam but maybe you have to unlock it first or something. Hopefully there is good variety in their movesets.

Agreed. Jo unfortunately nailed this phenomenon, IMO, with how these guys are S-tier at delivering slices of games that look nothing like the final product if one ever even sees release. The only game of this historical period or mythological origo we keep seeing that you can bank on releasing is Wolong from Japan's Team Ninja. Korean and Chinese studios for many haven't much credit in the bank.

Yeah Wolong will definitely release in February or March of 2023. They have a track record of releasing those types of titles during that time frame. They also recently said to expect a demo. I think we'll get one in September around the time of Tokyo Game Show. I'm really excited about trying it out. Loved Nioh and even Strangers of Paradise but to a lesser extent. As for the Chinese titles, I hope they release but won't hold my breath.

Dont get ya hopes up...theyre either vaporware, or play like shit.

Sword and Fairy 7 looks pretty, in the cutscenes but cheats by having shit textures everywhere, copy paste assets, invisible walls. And the game has no feedback with its combat system.

Ive not played one Chinese game Ive enjoyed.

Also has anyone seen that trailer Wyrdosong or whatever its called. Biggest piece of shit....''Our devs have made other well received games, and now theyre making a new game, please be excited....''

Fuck off, show some gameplay, hell even a CGI film.....no one gives a shit otherwise, unless youre an Elder Scrolls game.

That's disappointing I was going to wait for Sword and Fairy to be discounted around 20 dollars before buying but now I might skip it.

Haha I think just you, me and deadshot liked LOTF.

This new reboot or sequel or whatever it is could be good but yeah we need gameplay footage before taking it too seriously.

I got Lords of The Fallen for free on PS Plus and with the voice acting and major clunk clunk i just couldn't play it for more than 10 minutes. Still though, i'm hopeful for the reboot but like you said i need to see gameplay footage. If they didn't care about how the first game was received then they would have just made LOTF 2 like they'd been planning, but instead they've rebooted it to better their first attempt.

This isn't the way devs usually do things so i'm willing to hold judgement until i see more.

I got Lords of The Fallen for free on PS Plus and with the voice acting and major clunk clunk i just couldn't play it for more than 10 minutes. Still though, i'm hopeful for the reboot but like you said i need to see gameplay footage. If they didn't care about how the first game was received then they would have just made LOTF 2 like they'd been planning, but instead they've rebooted it to better their first attempt.

This isn't the way devs usually do things so i'm willing to hold judgement until i see more.
Yeah the fact that this came out of nowhere and the way they are marketing it doesn't leave much to get excited about but maybe we'll get lucky.

The original did have pretty campy dialogue and it looked clunky and cheap but for whatever reason it played much better than I expected. I think I even did several playthroughs. My favourite weapon was a staff that you could get right after the tutorial boss that didn't have the clunkiness you're talking about. It was fast and could stunlock a lot of enemies so it kind of bypassed the worst parts of the combat.

Yeah the fact that this came out of nowhere and the way they are marketing it doesn't leave much to get excited about but maybe we'll get lucky.

The original did have pretty campy dialogue and it looked clunky and cheap but for whatever reason it played much better than I expected. I think I even did several playthroughs. My favourite weapon was a staff that you could get right after the tutorial boss that didn't have the clunkiness you're talking about. It was fast and could stunlock a lot of enemies so it kind of bypassed the worst parts of the combat.

I may give it another spin at some point then.

It pains me to say this, but this game has me jelly of xbox and pc users.

I forgot about Crisis Core and P5 Royal edition

I haven't finished P5 og either, got about halfway through. Those are going to be excellent Steam Deck titles!

I'm just about finished KOTOR 2. I love it, but I've had so many issues with it. I lost an entire 30 hours a few years ago when my cloud save failed. I had to buy a new pc, save file was corrupted brining it over too.

In my current run, the analogue sticks stopped workong for KOTOR on my Deck after the last update. Thankfully my cloud saves are working, so I'm playing it on my dekatop. However, after a battle, the charactee I used last won't move. I have to switch to a different party member.

That's fine and all, but I'm currently on a solo mission for HK 47, which I didn't even choose. He won't move after a battle right away. Takes about 2 minutes before reacts to inputs. This fucking game I tell ya lol

Are you having similar issues?

I never played it before, but I know KOTOR II was rushed and developed by Obsidian or somethin.

I never finished KOTOR....still have the final boss. It was a 10, until that final boss. Just wtf. It mightve be my favourite RPG after Mass Effect 2, but I just couldnt be asked with that awful boss. Ill finish it sometime this week since Im in between games, just to mark it off.

I never played it before, but I know KOTOR II was rushed and developed by Obsidian or somethin.

I never finished KOTOR....still have the final boss. It was a 10, until that final boss. Just wtf. It mightve be my favourite RPG after Mass Effect 2, but I just couldnt be asked with that awful boss. Ill finish it sometime this week since Im in between games, just to mark it off.
I had just finished KOTOR on Switch as well, never played through it. My 360 HD had died

Malek is a cunt. I used those sticky grenades to trap him and thermal detonators mainly. What I found the worst was the Forge run, where enemies kept respawning. You had to keep moving, but my companions would always change course. I was losing my shit on that! What a great game though.

There's a KOTOR novel about Revan, which takes place between KOTOR 1 and 2. I have the audiobook, but it's also free on YT. I love their audiobooks with sound effects. The narrator does Canderous pretty well, my fav companion along with Jolee.

Wait to finish KOTOR 2 though, as Kreia is in it, and will likely spoil some stuff. I stopped about a 1/3 through, now waiting to finish KOTOR 2

I had just finished KOTOR on Switch as well, never played through it. My 360 HD had died

Malek is a cunt. I used those sticky grenades to trap him and thermal detonators mainly. What I found the worst was the Forge run, where enemies kept respawning. You had to keep moving, but my companions would always change course. I was losing my shit on that! What a great game though.

There's a KOTOR novel about Revan, which takes place between KOTOR 1 and 2. I have the audiobook, but it's also free on YT. I love their audiobooks with sound effects. The narrator does Canderous pretty well, my fav companion along with Jolee.

Wait to finish KOTOR 2 though, as Kreia is in it, and will likely spoil some stuff. I stopped about a 1/3 through, now waiting to finish KOTOR 2

Until the end with the spawning bullshit, it was a 10 then Malek.....I never lost interest in a GOAT tier game that quick. Itll probably be a 9 for me once I finish, but I dont understand why they try to pad an otherwise decently long RPG.

Ill give it a listen after KOTOR II, Im looking forward to playing that one. Might do Mass Effect Andromeda before it, but Ill play it before January.

Does anyone know of any “games journalists” (lol) actually at Gamescon in person covering the convention from the floor? It’s one thing to watch the various streams but it’s a whole other thing to get info from the devs at the booths.

Earlier I had posted saying I wanted to get Updates from 3D Realms on the status of Graven, Wrath Aeon of Ruin, and the expansion to Ion Fury. On 3D Realms Twitter a week or two ago they said they’d be there showing off I think five or six games including these three, but not of the streaming coverage of the show has shown anything that they’re working on. I was just lurking around the Steam forums and the consensus seems to be that all three projects are effectively vapourware. If that’s the case then that fucking sucks, but it would be nice to hear what the people at the 3D Realms booths are even showing or what they may have to say about the projects.

You fucking nailed it.

2. Callisto Protocol
3. Pentiment
4. GOW Ragnorak

I would not expect Crisis Core until next year.

The announcement said this winter, which only includes December for this year. Mid to ltae January at the earliest I would expect.

Does anyone know of any “games journalists” (lol) actually at Gamescon in person covering the convention from the floor? It’s one thing to watch the various streams but it’s a whole other thing to get info from the devs at the booths.

Earlier I had posted saying I wanted to get Updates from 3D Realms on the status of Graven, Wrath Aeon of Ruin, and the expansion to Ion Fury. On 3D Realms Twitter a week or two ago they said they’d be there showing off I think five or six games including these three, but not of the streaming coverage of the show has shown anything that they’re working on. I was just lurking around the Steam forums and the consensus seems to be that all three projects are effectively vapourware. If that’s the case then that fucking sucks, but it would be nice to hear what the people at the 3D Realms booths are even showing or what they may have to say about the projects.
I checked for you because booth-level floor coverage would be a lot of fun but couldn't find anything; I focused on YT so maybe there's an individual outlet with booth media on their own site.

Thought SE recently sold off their Western studios in efforts to trim fat and refocus on Japanese-house properties?

cover2.jpeg

Back