Sherdog Strongman Discussion V2

Didn't have time to watch it with Crossfit Games going on, i'll have to catch up this week.

I like that from time to time they will do a Strongman Themed event at the CF games makes you appreciate how Monstrous to the Top Level Strongmen are. Licis can do a 400lbs stone to shoulder which can be more punishing than the Sandbag , and Mateusz was eve better pre-injury.

I like that from time to time they will do a Strongman Themed event at the CF games makes you appreciate how Monstrous to the Top Level Strongmen are. Licis can do a 400lbs stone to shoulder which can be more punishing than the Sandbag , and Mateusz was eve better pre-injury.

Yeah they actually had the sandbag one on Friday think. I watched the women do it and obviously Dani Speegle had no problem winning the event as she's a beast at lifting, but 2nd place was Jacqueline Daalstrom who beat out all the other power lifters and lifted a 240lb bag when she's only about 140lb. Crazy stuff.

Jerry Pritchett was actually at this event which was cool.

Looking forward to the Rogue Invitational in October.

Yeah they actually had the sandbag one on Friday think. I watched the women do it and obviously Dani Speegle had no problem winning the event as she's a beast at lifting, but 2nd place was Jacqueline Daalstrom who beat out all the other power lifters and lifted a 240lb bag when she's only about 140lb. Crazy stuff.

Jerry Pritchett was actually at this event which was cool.

Looking forward to the Rogue Invitational in October.

Yeah Speagle almost tripped up doing the 240lbs bag and had to adjust, she had a much easier time with 250lbs. Daalstrom did really well size considered and she actually held it longer than some of the other girls that made it in the pervious rounds.

I love how the Car Leg Press for the Shaw Classic feels like an old school WSM event

Last edited:
I love how the Car Leg Press for the Shaw Classic feels like an old school WSM event

Hopefully his comp doesn't injure anyone. Rauno commented on a loz video he wouldn't do the Shaw classic at his age as he thinks it's too heavy and long. It could catch out some people coming in tired or with minot injuries already

Hopefully his comp doesn't injure anyone. Rauno commented on a loz video he wouldn't do the Shaw classic at his age as he thinks it's too heavy and long. It could catch out some people coming in tired or with minot injuries already

Yeah especially like Evan who a lot of people are starting to worry about with his mystery ailment at the minute, and Olekseii and Mitch who competed on Saturday.

Yeah especially like Evan who a lot of people are starting to worry about with his mystery ailment at the minute, and Olekseii and Mitch who competed on Saturday.

I didn't see last week but hasn't evan been dealing with a shoulder issue?

I didn't see last week but hasn't evan been dealing with a shoulder issue?

Yeah but also ended up at hospital on Saturday whilst competing at the Giants Live Deadlift Champs/World Open, they did tests and he came out ok and using this week as rest ready for the Shaw Classic

Yeah but also ended up at hospital on Saturday whilst competing at the Giants Live Deadlift Champs/World Open, they did tests and he came out ok and using this week as rest ready for the Shaw Classic

Oh damn that's bad. I hadn't watched anything beyond raunos record lift

Bish is renting a Hyperbaric Chamber to help in his recovery from his tricep injury

really liking Martins' new travel episodes, love the documentary feel

Reactions: PEB
Toms out of The Shaw Classic, his wife's flight got messed around and Tom wouldn't of been able to fly out without her as at airports Tom panics sometimes and can't deal with it well due to his autism

Reactions: PEB
I thought I would tell you guys a funny story I ran into a kid who was 7'4" tall and easily around 400 or so pounds. I talked to him and all could think of he makes Brian look human lol. He was likely in his early 20's age wise nice dude took a photo of him. He was grocery shopping "not unusual for someone his size" I am 5'10" to 5'11" he is a full human taller then me. Small human but still a human.

Too bad Licis or the Stoltmans decided not to go , assuming they are focusing on the Rogue Invitational.
Yeah more money I believe and Tom said his wife had transport issues.

Last edited:
Back