Should they remove the 265lb weight cut off limit for the Heavyweight division?

Should they remove the 265lb weight cut off limit for the Heavyweight division?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the HW divison should be limitless. You should allow anyone larger than 265 to fight in that division. If guys heavier than 265 can earn their way into the top 10 or top 5 in the division i say why not make it happen.

I'd love to see Stipe fight a guy 100lbs bigger than him.

That would be a sight to behold.

We need to see some freak show fights.

Yes

UFC fighters are ducking Sumo rasslers
The real best base for fight

Fuck yes. Pretty stupid that they have a limit. And they want to proclaim that the HW is the baddest MF'er on the planet (outside of Jorge and nate) yet they only let 265 lb manlets fight for that right. What a joke.

Fat slobs gassing in the first 30 seconds. Not many people are athletic over 280 pounds

The less ngannuo vs lewis style matchups the better.

You would have like 4 guys fighting each other

They could do a trial... maybe book a bunch of super heavies and see if they gas in 30 seconds. I don’t wanna see a belt handed out if it’s dog shit. But I’d definitely watch some 300 lb dudes scrap so see what they can do

Yup. 265 seems a little random to me.

Fat slobs gassing in the first 30 seconds. Not many people are athletic over 280 pounds

There's not many, but why not give them a chance though? Let them have a chance to earn they way in the division. If they can crack the top 10 or top 5 why not let these guys do it?

The less ngannuo vs lewis style matchups the better.
50358CBDC19BF77C7DE3D8DA97B4C8DBAFB4DB96

stannis-baratheon-pcIdLXJXwAQZG

Yes. In boxing, kickboxing and Muay Thai HW's can weigh whatever they want, if they want to be 400 Ibs then they can, stupid to have 265 cap when HW is already shallow and lacking as it is.

To say there are no good fighters over 265 is so stupid.. try going to Samoa or Tonga or Fiji and telling them that!!! they would lay you out cold like a fool. UFC should raid countries like Samoa and Tonga and Fiji and Maori NZ.. there are tons and tons of very huge tough guys there that are all Tree Fiddy + and they are some of the toughest people ever, I have worked with 2 guys in my old job from Tonga, both of them over 330 Ibs and they are tough as fuck!! they were like running into a wall made of iron and steel even though they were both very fat and obese

Imagine “failing to make weight” at 266.1 pounds lol, when it’s that much weight it doesn’t matter

Remove the weight limit? That's one of the dumbest things I've heard in a while. HW is already a joke. Why put huge behemoths with 30 seconds of cardio in the cage? If they make a super HW division, they'll need three 1-minute rounds...or the fighters will fall over dead.

Jarl

yes, it has been scientifically proven that the more they weigh the better the knockouts. tubbies always get knocked out in phases. sergei definetely was a super heavyweight in this fight lol

ThirstySmartGrasshopper-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Having 300 pound unathletic strongmen throwing god awful technique, gassing every round, winning fights due to strength alone...sounds mildly entertaining but also sounds fucking boring, lazy and unattractive, especially when we know these fighters can't go the distance. If we don't get a KO in rd1, we'll have some shhhiiiitttty ass fights and moments.

Back