Movies SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME ($1.9 billion worldwide gross; Returns to Theaters on Sept. 2)

If you have seen SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Hope I'm wrong but I'm starting to get the feeling we're only gonna see one Spider-Man in this movie.
Naw, I think that end clip with all the villains from previous movies has Maguire and Garfield edited out of that scene, but they're there. Look at the direction some of the bad guys are going. Doesn't seem like they're all going at Holland.

Naw, I think that end clip with all the villains from previous movies has Maguire and Garfield edited out of that scene, but they're there. Look at the direction some of the bad guys are going. Doesn't seem like they're all going at Holland.

Apparently the Brazilian trailer shows the Lizard getting punched in the face, even though there's no one else in the shot. So either they edited Toby or Andrew out of the shot, or he's fighting Ant Man;)

What does Scooby Doo that crap mean? I'm too old for this shit.

That's clearly what Otto is thinking when the kids are laughing at his name:)

I think it means go out as a team, find and capture the Villains. It's also a very subtle meta-homage to the early days of the MCU. The first two Avengers movies were directed by Joss Whedon, who of course created Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Buffy's friends - Willow, Zander etc - are nicknamed The Scoobies.

I'm excited for this, the laughing at Doc Ocks name bit has me worried though. It was not funny or clever at all, low hanging rotten fruit.

I didn't find any of the jokes funny in this trailer. Hope that wasn't the best they had haha. But I'm not watching it for the jokes anyhow so as long as the rest of the movie is good I can tolerate a few cringey jokes

Agreed. I hated that, along with the scooby doo shit.

one thing I found lame about it is that it was very derivative of a better joke from Infinity War.

Peter Parker.

Dr. Strange

Oh you’re using your made up name. I’m Spider-Man...

You may be right.

Good eye. I completely missed it.

7c917cd050793b6cce460c3835089725

‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ Trailer Might Be Pulling a Massive Bait and Switch on Us
Andi Ortiz
Tue, November 16, 2021, 9:11 PM·5 min read

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/spider-man-no-way-home-031139788.html

"The newest trailer for “Spider-Man: No Way Home” brought a whole lot of villains with it. But did it also bring another Spider-Man? Honestly guys, this trailer might actually be filled with deception.

Let’s first address the sinister elephant in the room. Heading into this trailer, we had four members of the Sinister Six confirmed for “No Way Home”: Alfred Molina’s Doc Ock, Jamie Foxx’s Electro (although he looks way different than when we first met him), Willem Dafoe’s Green Goblin, and Sandman (though we still don’t know for sure if Thomas Hayden Church will be playing him this time around).

With Tuesday night’s trailer, Sony confirmed that Lizard will also join the villainous sextet, presumably coming from Andrew Garfield’s “The Amazing Spider-Man.”
b26bd882a24e737d134974224afa0762

He only appears in full Lizard form though, so it’s unclear if Rhys Ifans will return as Dr. Curt Connors in “No Way Home.”

As for the 6th and final member of the Sinister Six, you have to look real closely. Because along with Dafoe’s Green Goblin, it appears that we’re also getting a version of Hobgoblin. For reference, pause the trailer or watch it in slow motion right around the 2:11 mark. Or, you can take a look at the image below, next to Hobgoblin of “Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man” #85, art by Al Milgrom:

7c917cd050793b6cce460c3835089725

Sony Pictures/”Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man” #85, Marvel Comics
That uh, looks a little too similar to be a coincidence.

At this point, we’ve only ever officially met one Hobgoblin across the three Spider-Man franchises: James Franco. He briefly took up the mantle in “Spider-Man 3” before being killed in the end — which would fit with Doctor Strange’s warning that every villain in “No Way Home” is fated to die fighting Spider-Man.

But, Franco’s Hobgoblin was killed by Venom and Sandman, not Spider-Man. So in all likelihood, this could be someone we’ve never met in the Sony Spider-Man Universe. Some fans have speculated it might be Peter’s friend Ned. We’re not seeing it, but anything is possible.

All that said, let’s circle back to Doc Ock. In this trailer, Molina’s Otto Octavius is definitely introduced as a villain, but upon seeing that Tom Holland is not actually his Peter Parker, he pulls up. As the trailer goes on, it appears that he may even be working with Peter and his friends. So, will he really be part of the Sinister Six? We aren’t totally convinced this isn’t a bait and switch.

And that brings us back to our original speculation that Tom Hardy’s Venom or Aaron Taylor-Johnson’s Kraven the Hunter may show up. Venom seems the most likely, considering the post-credits scene of “Let There Be Carnage,” but it’s impossible to say with any certainty right now.

But with all this speculation on the villains of “No Way Home,” we should also address the speculation surrounding the hero of the film — or, if rumors and fan hopes are to be believed, heroes.

Though no real evidence this will happen has emerged — yeah, we’ve seen those purported set pics, but those things can be faked — fans are hoping that both Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire’s Spider-Men appear, considering their villains are. And honestly, it’s a valid theory. But we’re thinking this trailer might’ve introduced a second spidey and he’s not any of the three we’re expecting.

Let’s look closer at Black Suit Spider-Man. At first glance, it seems this might just be Tom Holland’s Peter Parker, in a new suit upgraded with magic by Doctor Strange. But, the moment he appears, Strange is heard saying “There are others out there. We need to send them back.”

e7c901fe6839170ea1a3e87a4cf939cb

Sony Pictures
He could very well be referring to this Spider-Man, just without knowing it. It also seems strange that, in the same shot, Spidey clearly has his back fully turned on Electro. Unless he’s taking a moment to power up his magic — which Peter would also somehow have to learn — to deliver a strike, it seems like an unlikely move to make. Especially since Electro needs very little time to strike himself.

So, is this actually some Spider-Strange hybrid from a different universe? It may be a stretch, but in fairness, this is a world based on comics. It’s not so outlandish of a possibility. Then again, it’s not necessarily a stretch to think that maybe Strange has upgraded our Peter’s suit with magical device, allowing him to call for help.

This gets us back to those rumors that Garfield — who keeps denying it — and Maguire are going to show up in this movie. Whatever happens with that, the reaction is going to be fun. But even those rumors definitely aren’t true, you really don’t need them to do a live action “Spider-Verse” story. Though we doubt Peter Porker the Spectacular Spider-Ham is showing up any time soon.

One last thought: For the third time in live action, one of Spider-Man’s girlfriends is going to end up falling from a very high height, just like Gwen Stacy in “The Amazing Spider-Man” #121 (1973). Will she die, just like Gwen Stacy in “The Amazing Spider-Man” #121? We don’t know, but we’re leaning towards no, if only because we already got the death of Gwen Stacy in “The Amazing Spider-Man 2.” Presumably, this will end up more like Sam Raimi’s “Spider-Man,” where Peter managed to save Mary Jane Watson.

Really, there’s a lot going on in this trailer — and we just don’t trust any of it."

Looks like its Willem Defoe sans helmet based off the new poster
Screenshot_20211126-144724_Chrome.jpg

Looks like its Willem Defoe sans helmet based off the new poster
View attachment 893264

Yup, thanks for the clarification.

This is actually a great decision. I watched Spider-Man 2002 a few months ago for the first time in like 15 years and its aged very well when kept in mind its based off of a 1960s kid-friendly comic.

But one thing I hadn't noticed before was how Green Goblin's helmet was horrible. It was SUPPOSED to be military development, as well as the glider, right? Well perhaps its believable the glider was, but the suit and helmet? No chance.

And the helmet completely covered up Dafoe's face depriving the audience of seeing his facial expressions, which was half of Dafoe's performance.

Yup, thanks for the clarification.

This is actually a great decision. I watched Spider-Man 2002 a few months ago for the first time in like 15 years and its aged very well when kept in mind its based off of a 1960s kid-friendly comic.

But one thing I hadn't noticed before was how Green Goblin's helmet was horrible. It was SUPPOSED to be military development, as well as the glider, right? Well perhaps its believable the glider was, but the suit and helmet? No chance.

And the helmet completely covered up Dafoe's face depriving the audience of seeing his facial expressions, which was half of Dafoe's performance.

The kids and I just marathoned ALL of them to get prepared and i am really excited for the next Spidey.

It seems like Dr Strange could be cooler in the movie than Spidey.

I like that they are getting to the more recognizable spiderman villians.

I hope that this is the ultimate Spiderman adventure, and it isnt a movie that sets up 7 more MCU movies and alternate multiverse quantum bullshit. Its been ok that Peter is part of the Universe, but I want a little more classic spider man and less MCU propaganda. Oh and I'm sick of the Aunt May is hot jokes, it hasn't been funny since civil war

Tics went on sale today for this, dec 16, 3 pm showing for me

Wow the small theater by my house was already almost sold out, this movie is going to be huge. Its 2 hours and 30 minutes long too by the look of it. Got my tickets just in time.

I'm excited for this, the laughing at Doc Ocks name bit has me worried though. It was not funny or clever at all, low hanging rotten fruit.
That did look like dated marvel “please stop over doing that” trash, and also caught my attention. Guardians of the galaxy was the best, but not everybody is Chris Pratt, and these kids with the fast talk unfunny quips are like theeee threat to me literally not seeing anymore marvel movies. There are other, better ways to be funny. Like, almost any other way.

So yes, your concern appears to be valid.

It seems like Dr Strange could be cooler in the movie than Spidey.

I like that they are getting to the more recognizable spiderman villians.

I hope that this is the ultimate Spiderman adventure, and it isnt a movie that sets up 7 more MCU movies and alternate multiverse quantum bullshit. Its been ok that Peter is part of the Universe, but I want a little more classic spider man and less MCU propaganda. Oh and I'm sick of the Aunt May is hot jokes, it hasn't been funny since civil war
I started to think that this could be marvels new universe.

Spiderman is likely the most loved aside from ironman, so why not?

Got my tix for dec 16 as well

Back