News [Spoiler inside!] TAKERU VS TENSHIN is ON!! June 2022

• Thread starter Deleted member 363827
  • Start date
Awesome fight. I thought Tenshin might have finished him after that knockdown but the momentum seemed to change after the head butt. Takeru couldn’t really turn it on until the end when Tenshin had gassed himself out but if it were 5 rounds it looks like Takeru would've finished him. It also makes me wonder how Tenshin will do with boxing pacing since he's always been a guy who wants to throw everything with full power and speed. I feel like if he doesn't change that then it'll bite him in the ass pretty quickly into his career.

It was so damn satisfying watching tenshin make takeru pay for everything he gets away with in his other fights in that first round. The rest of the fight was kinda underwhelming unfortunately though. I feel like takeru got screwed a bit on the matchmaking given that he had to move down in weight and that the fight was only 3 rounds which obviously favours tenshin.

Awesome fight. I thought Tenshin might have finished him after that knockdown but the momentum seemed to change after the head butt. Takeru couldn’t really turn it on until the end when Tenshin had gassed himself out but if it were 5 rounds it looks like Takeru would've finished him. It also makes me wonder how Tenshin will do with boxing pacing since he's always been a guy who wants to throw everything with full power and speed. I feel like if he doesn't change that then it'll bite him in the ass pretty quickly into his career.
I don't think Tenshin will do that great in boxing.

Good fight... the atmosphere was amazing.

For some reason, Takeru (and maybe Tenshin?) had to stay below a certain weight. This fight being 3 rounds is stupid though. It's extremely anticlimactic. And to people that say that it only being 3 rounds makes it so that people will want for more as bait, absolute boring trash. The event was ok though, couldn't live up to the hype which it never could have.

K1 also just got absolutely wrecked. Their 2 best fighters just lost and they haven't found a star to replace Takeru. I think K1 is going to go through some rough times where they may not even survive. Sad that it had to be this way for the mighty K1.

Meh, I'm glad not to have paid for the ppv, especially considering the 3-round main event which was a lot less entertaining than people hyped it up to be.

Too short. I think championship kickboxing bouts should be at least 8 rounds
This is why I will never be able to fully get into kickboxing , biggest fight in years and 3 rounds. You honestly can’t tell who the best fighter is because it’s only 9 minutes. Great fight though but with kickboxing fights like this always leave you wishing you could have seen more

Meh, I'm glad not to have paid for the ppv, especially considering the 3-round main event which was a lot less entertaining than people hyped it up to be.
3 rounds is akin to hard sparring

Tenshin looked great in the first, really peppering Takeru with his jab and movement. Takeru just couldn't find his range and when he did get inside he got sucked into a firefight which he came out on the wrong end of.

Being down in the second, he tried to bully Tenshin, which worked to an extent. I thought Tenshin had a legitimate complaint with the headbutt, which looked like it did some damage. The throw in the clinch was Takeru attempting to establish physical dominance in a fight he was down 10-8 in and I thought he won the second.

Tenshin did appear gassed in the third and clinched a lot, but he was faster and more accurate with his strikes than Takeru, so I gave Tenshin the third. He was tiring, though, so a 4th and 5th round would have been really interesting.

It being only three rounds is bullshit, especially considering this is Tenshin's planned last kickboxing fight. We get five rounds in every other organization, why not Japan? Albeit, those are title fights but when you bill a fight as the "Match of the Century," you need to go for more than nine minutes.

For people asking why it is only 3 rounds....well because that is what Tenshin wants. The same reason why Takeru has to drain himself.

Tenshin has always been good at bending the rules to serve him (spamming takedowns and failed spin attacks when he gasses, etc) This time he set himself up for a win for his boxing career. It is kinda like when Floyd asked punchers to wear his preferred boxer gloves or ask fighters to drain themselves. He did it because he could

For people asking why it is only 3 rounds....well because that is what Tenshin wants. The same reason why Takeru has to drain himself.

Tenshin has always been good at bending the rules to serve him (spamming takedowns and failed spin attacks when he gasses, etc) This time he set himself up for a win for his boxing career. It is kinda like when Floyd asked punchers to wear his preferred boxer gloves or ask fighters to drain themselves. He did it because he could

It's hard to respect cry babies. "Ouch my back, he threw me on the canvas"

Back