Stipe's wins are far better than Fedor's

But I must say that Stipe did tie Fedor in terms of accomplishments. He has that UFC title defense record.
Sylvia, Stipe, and Couture all have an equal amount of UFC HW title defenses at 3.
So Stipe's greatest achievement is a record he's tied at with Tim Sylvia. Congrats.

The argument I keep hearing is that Stipe's wins are "past prime" or that Fedor won as the "smaller man"

But Fedor was heavier than most of his best wins, he outweighed Cro Cop and Nog by over 10lbs

Arlovski was on the best winning streak (6) of his career when Stipe KO'd him, Fedor also beat Coleman way past his prime

If "by over 10 lbs" you mean not over 10 lbs, absolutely.

G2lBGR1aL_L8z4ksaSd7EuDTd5-NdKxxPT1TPkeff3WF1a4FfoOEoPe45M5hXlMx1ROoFgYjJOe3Yy9gTUaTLoyMrapEoH6_EQ9Voj9yslP5lXLj5IJX5mU4wNDEN9TvEvxgCWLgYdbN

upload_2020-5-28_13-0-40.png

Stipe didn't have the luxury of fighting Choi, Nagata, Ogawa, Kohsaka, Goodridge, Lindland, Rogers

Fedor defended his PRIDE title against Mark Hunt and almost got submitted lmao
I'd point out that fighting Stefan Struve is as big a luxury as any of those names, and he lost to him.

The biggest joke is claiming that Fedor ducked 'Reem, who was playing a cat and mouse game to avoid any fights and associated testing since he was on the peak of his "horse meat" diet at that time. He'd claim to be injured and unable to defend his Affliction crown or to participate in Strikeforce events, and then turn around and fight with other promotions or in K1 events.

You clearly have no clue as to what you are talking about, which is usually the case on these troll threads.

I saw it buddy. The ref stood up fedor and arona when Arona was in FULL MOUNT. lol.
Fedor is lucky Arona wasn't allowed to punch his head on the ground.

Yea because Arona was known as such a fearsome finisher.

Like I said, you obviously do not know anything about Ricardo Arona, and likely have probably never even seen him fight.

Like I said, you obviously do not know anything about Ricardo Arona, and likely have probably never even seen him fight.

Who said Arona had to finish Fedor? He could have just beat him up for the rest of the fight and won a dominant decision.

And who did Arona have in full mount for half the entire fight besides Fedor?

You realize it's much easier to finish a fight when you full mounted someone and they can't get out, right?

That guy is an idiot. Did you see his laughable claims that Fedor had fixed fights? Biggest retard on Sherdog lol.

Arona tried to lay on Fedor, while Fedor gave up positions actually going for subs. Rules valued trying to finish the fight. Arona lost, and rightfully so because he didn't do anything. Nothing controversial about it.

You realize it's much easier to finish a fight when you full mounted someone and they can't get out, right?
Not when ground strikes are against the rules of the organization. That's why in Metamoris, where there's no decision victories only submissions or draws, the grapplers are more willing to give up position.

Sylvia, Stipe, and Couture all have an equal amount of UFC HW title defenses at 3.
So Stipe's greatest achievement is a record he's tied at with Tim Sylvia. Congrats.

Half of Stipe's record is cans too lol. Not even top 20 guys, but legit cans.

The other half are washed up former greats.

There has never been a champ with such a laughably decrepit "run" as Stipe.

Dont worry,we'll catch TS in the side streets one day.

Consecutive. Losing belts and regaining them is not as good as defending the belt three times in a row.

Also, Couture and Sylvia are nowhere to GOAT discussion.

Fedor KO'd and Subbed Sylvia in 36 seconds.

Stipe feasting on the elderly is O.K.

if your into that sort of thing.

Lol at Fedor fans accusing Stipe of fighting many cans. The only can I can think of that Stipe fought in the UFC was Philip DeFries. Del Rosario and Struve were all decent heavyweights, and Stipe fought them early in his career. Yeah he had no business fighting Maldonado, but that was a short notice fight. I love Fedor, but for every good fighter he fought, he fought legit cans. Look at his record, it’s like a 2 to 1 ratio of quality wins, vs guys at lower weight or you never heard of.
It was a different culture over there, they liked there freak show fights, so I understand the reason for some of those fights. But at least Stipe fought the top guys available during his title run, so this ducking guys and fighting cans is ironic and a bunch of nonsense, like most Stipe hater posts.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Stipe can’t comment on this thread he’s busy pretending to be blind (yet fighting fires) to duck a 50 year old fat LHW

Lol at Fedor fans accusing Stipe of fighting many cans. The only can I can think of that Stipe fought in the UFC was Philip DeFries. Del Rosario and Struve were all decent heavyweights, and Stipe fought them early in his career. Yeah he had no business fighting Maldonado, but that was a short notice fight. I love Fedor, but for every good fighter he fought, he fought legit cans. Look at his record, it’s like a 2 to 1 ratio of quality wins, vs guys at lower weight or you never heard of.
It was a different culture over there, they liked there freak show fights, so I understand the reason for some of those fights. But at least Stipe fought the top guys available during his title run, so this ducking guys and fighting cans is ironic and a bunch of nonsense, like most Stipe hater posts.

Uhh, Stipe has a 2-1 to ratio of quality wins as well.

He has 22 fights.

Corey Mullis, Paul Barry, Jeremy Holm, Gregory Maynard, William Penn, Bobby Brents, Joey Beltran, Philip Defries, Shane del Rosario, Roy Nelson, Gonzaga, Maldonado.

That makes up 12 of his 22 fights and they're against nobodies and a few over the hill vets.

That leaves 10 "good" fights ... against DC x 2, Ngannou, Dos Santos x2 , Overeem, Werdum, Arlovski, Struve and Hunt. He's lost 3 of those and almost none of those fighters were in their "prime."

Division's hay day? When was that? When pretty much everyone at HW was one dimensional?

DC, Cain, JDS, Carwin and Stipe (and now Ngannou coming up) are some of the most well rounded and dangerous HWs to exist in MMA history. They would destroyed every single can that Fedor ever crushed.

DC and Cain are both BJJ black/brown belts, top level wrestling, and with good striking performances in MMA under their belt, including devastating KOs.

Stipe has top level wrestling and excellent and very dangerous boxing.

Pride Nog had zero wrestling and he wasn't dropping or KOing anyone in Pride yet

Cro Cop was a very dangerous striker, but it was pretty much it. He never threatened takedowns, and while his takedown defense was getting better, he was never that good at getting back to his feet or threatened with submissions or smothering top game. Not to mention that Prime Cro cop still got brutally KOed by Randleman and Gonzaga.
Haha, sorry dude but after reading that second paragraph I can't be bother cause, with all due respect, it's pretty clear you have no idea what you're talking about.

Not when ground strikes are against the rules of the organization. That's why in Metamoris, where there's no decision victories only submissions or draws, the grapplers are more willing to give up position.

My point is that Arona had Fedor mounted for half that fight, so if that was a fight with full mma rules, then Fedor would have been in trouble because he would have been eating a lot of punches to his head.

Haha, sorry dude but after reading that second paragraph I can't be bother cause, with all due respect, it's pretty clear you have no idea what you're talking about.

If you can't dispute a single point I made, please just don't respond to me.

Fedor never beat a second generation wrestler and he had a bunch of shady weird looking fights like this one.

InfiniteUnconsciousHermitcrab-max-1mb.gif

He also padded his record with one dimensional fighters.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back