Strickland is officially ducking Khamzat…

I can't wait until Khamzat finally gets the contender fight or title shot and people finally admit he's good and was ducked. Does no one remember how Islam got his LW title shot?

A robbery? That fight was about as close as you can get. Could have gone either way.

I looked at the fight stats and Dricus clearly in round 2, 3, 4 was close or out paced Strickland in significant strikes and then you add the 6 takedowns, it was no robbery. Could have gone either way, but Dricus was the rightful winner.

You’re saying that as if that fight makes it out the first. Strickland is NOT the grappler Burns and Usman are.
He has incredible ability to stand back up from takedown. He would get taken down by Khamzat, but Khamzat would expend a lot of energy using his brute strength type of approach to keep him down, but I am sure Strickland can stand back up.

I'm fine with Sean vs Khamzat but I'd rather see Sean fight again in 2024

If Khamzat worked his way thru the ranks like a regular contender it will be fun to see how his title fight goes in 2035 or so.
Who are all these great MWs that Sean beat again? Izzy? That's it. He didn't beat anyone in the top5 to get a titleshot.

Who was Sean's best MW before the izzy fight? Jack Hermansson?

I love the mental gymnastics here.

A) everybody is ducking the guy who fights barely once a year and never faced a ranked MW

and somehow not

B) the guy that barely fights once a year and has never faced a ranked MW is ducking everybody.

Who are all these great MWs that Sean beat again? Izzy? That's it. He didn't beat anyone in the top5 to get a titleshot.

Who was Sean's best MW before the izzy fight? Jack Hermansson?
That's how short notice replacements work.

I really gotta explain basic shit to you?

This is boring me.

Last edited:
I can't wait until Khamzat finally gets the contender fight or title shot and people finally admit he's good and was ducked. Does no one remember how Islam got his LW title shot?

I’m not even a big Khamzat fan, but I’m starting to root for this guy. They want him to destroy every single opponent and he gets sucked by everybody!

That's how short notice replacements work.

I really gotta explain basically shit to you?

This is boring me.
No you don't have to explain anything other than why Khamzat, based on Sean's recent opponents, doesn't deserve a fight with Sean?

He'd literally be one of the best wins of Sean's career.

Do you really need this explained to you? You're right, this is boring.

Strickland vs Khamzat would be great next, but the notion he would be ducking that fight if he got offered a rematch with DDP is next level retarded.

Strickland was cherry picked by Izzy as soft touch stay busy fight, it just blew up in his face.

If DDP was good to go Strickland never gets that title shot.

Sounds great. Hopefully booked soon if those guys are healthy.

I'd maybe switch it like this, but I get it isn't a meritocracy so it won't go that way.

DDP vs Cannonier

Izzy vs Khamzat

Sean vs Rob/Costa winner
I concur 100%

He has incredible ability to stand back up from takedown. He would get taken down by Khamzat, but Khamzat would expend a lot of energy using his brute strength type of approach to keep him down, but I am sure Strickland can stand back up.

Strickland has a lot of similarities with Kevin Holland in terms of his stand up.

Strickland has a lot of similarities with Kevin Holland in terms of his stand up.

Yeah, but Holland has zero takedown defense and ability to stand back up. His defensive wrestling is pretty much non-existent.

Based on what I saw and then later confirmed, Dricus won round 2, 3 and 4. Very close fight and I would not blame anyone for thinking Strickland won, but delusional? Hell no!

Back