Social "Systemic Racism"

1. I did not answer as you predicted.
2. You can answer whatever questions you want. As far as telling me who I should and shouldn't engage in conversation, fuck off.
You didn't answer as I predicted? Are you autistic and I'm just mistaking your overly literal questions as dodging greater points when in actuality you just struggle with conversation? You asked him how many he thought were racist, his source would be himself. That doesn't exactly prove the point I was making wrong.

I'm not telling you who to engage with, I just know you aren't stupid and you pretend to care about the truth of issues and reject partisan bickering, but in this thread you are dodging good posts and engaging in a false narrative of what "systemic racism" is because it's easier for you to debate a straw man.

Big part of the reason as to why things stand that way, though, is because of the policies put forth by Democrats in the 1990's in an effort to "protect" these communities from crime. I'm not sure if we can say outright that the intention was to put forth a systemic racist policy, unless we are to acknowledge at the same time that men like Joe Biden, for example, greatly contributed to systemic racism. How could we, then, expect this very same man to be the solution now, in 2020?

I think that the intentions were not necessarily racist but the outcomes arguably were.

1920px-US_incarceration_timeline-clean.svg.png

UGM7ZKT5PNBETC63VRXHQKBLDQ.jpg

Statistics have been trending down for a while though.
The Mulford Act too.

Nerfed the 2nd in my main state because of AAs legally carrying.

socioeconomics explain these issues best. You didn't need to prove to me that you understand the nuances of different forms of racism.

Every skin color and cultural background receives some level of racist antagonism towards it.

So a simple question, do you think Blacks are more discriminated against than whites in our country today, and by a large margin (don't quibble the word large)? Further, do you see Blacks as MORE discriminated against than whites over the course of history?

These are simple questions, they don't require explanations.
I can’t recall the last time I saw CNN have a panel demonizing blacks...however, many MSM outlets have guests who are doing just this in regards to white people!

Systemic racist countries dont elect a minority President, nor appoint multiple minority professionals in charge of a Federal Dept (Holder, Carson, Condy Rice, C Powell, etc), or have them as Senior head military leaders

Thry also dont have millions of people vying to get here, themselves ethnic minorities
Yes they do. Because a systemically racist system doesn't mean that the discriminated agains't can't do anything. It means that they have to overcome a racist system to get there.

But that's secondary to a larger misunderstanding of systemic racism. You're confusing it with individual racism. Systemic racism is a school system designed to marginalize black students in the 1920s-1950s that is kept in place until the 2010s. THe system itself is designed to marginalize the students. You can swap out racist teachers for non-racist teachers but if the new teachers are operating under the rules of the old system, then the results will be similar no matter what the new teachers would like to see happen.

Electing Presidents isn't systemic racism, the system itself was designed at the beginning of this country to try and be as fair as possible. Where you're going to encounter systemic racism is in the local party rules that act as barriers to entry for minorities. To make up an example - if it takes money to earn a place at the table and the table is where you pick who gets party backing then the system is going to disproportionately exclude ex-slaves and their immediate descendants for many, many years until those minorities finally have enough economic backing to get a seat at the table.

So, once a guy like Obama gets to the national stage, he's already worked his way through the parts of the system where systemic racism is likely to be the stumbling block. Once he gets there, he's dealing with potential individual racism at the polls, not systemic racism.

The distinction is an important one. Systemic racism isn't racism by one person directed against another person or even one group of people directed at another group of people. Systemic racism is a government or corporate system that was designed to perpetuate racial differences, thus it operates as intended regardless of the racial intent of the people currently managing the system (at least until they intentionally dismantle said system and replace it with something new).

Did you read panamaican's post or my own? You don't seem to understand what systemic racism is, you made a thread asking about it, and the posts that actually went in to it you ignored. Did you make this thread with actual intentions to discuss it or just to have people agree with your ignorance?

The distinction is an important one. Systemic racism isn't racism by one person directed against another person or even one group of people directed at another group of people. Systemic racism is a government or corporate system that was designed to perpetuate racial differences, thus it operates as intended regardless of the racial intent of the people currently managing the system (at least until they intentionally dismantle said system and replace it with something new).
This is a point that people seem to misunderstand about systemic racism often. You can have a system that is systemically racist that is run mostly by people who aren't racist. If its working well those people will feel like they're just doing their job.

You didn't answer as I predicted? Are you autistic and I'm just mistaking your overly literal questions as dodging greater points when in actuality you just struggle with conversation? You asked him how many he thought were racist, his source would be himself. That doesn't exactly prove the point I was making wrong.

I'm not telling you who to engage with, I just know you aren't stupid and you pretend to care about the truth of issues and reject partisan bickering, but in this thread you are dodging good posts and engaging in a false narrative of what "systemic racism" is because it's easier for you to debate a straw man.

I appreciate the complement. I see more value in the opinion of @D 1 Wrestler than you do. He and I often disagree, but I've found him to be fair minded. So to the extent you think his opinion isn't worth engaging, let's agree to disagree. If you think there are better posts, please go engage them yourself.

Yes they do. Because a systemically racist system doesn't mean that the discriminated agains't can't do anything. It means that they have to overcome a racist system to get there.

But that's secondary to a larger misunderstanding of systemic racism. You're confusing it with individual racism. Systemic racism is a school system designed to marginalize black students in the 1920s-1950s that is kept in place until the 2010s. THe system itself is designed to marginalize the students. You can swap out racist teachers for non-racist teachers but if the new teachers are operating under the rules of the old system, then the results will be similar no matter what the new teachers would like to see happen.

Electing Presidents isn't systemic racism, the system itself was designed at the beginning of this country to try and be as fair as possible. Where you're going to encounter systemic racism is in the local party rules that act as barriers to entry for minorities. To make up an example - if it takes money to earn a place at the table and the table is where you pick who gets party backing then the system is going to disproportionately exclude ex-slaves and their immediate descendants for many, many years until those minorities finally have enough economic backing to get a seat at the table.

So, once a guy like Obama gets to the national stage, he's already worked his way through the parts of the system where systemic racism is likely to be the stumbling block. Once he gets there, he's dealing with potential individual racism at the polls, not systemic racism.

Agree to disagree
A minority absolutely could not be elected in a Systemic Racist country to the highest position, none the less reelected

He wouldnt even have gotten into Harvard Law to become a Senator in the first place

Definately wouldnt have earned donor backing from Wall St, and neoliberal corporate machine

There’s no transparent in our voting system that would confirm to a certainty that voting is actually the process by which all officials are elected. And even if there were, just google or wiki the term or environmental racism. It is all very real and very well spoken for.
I routinely travel to San Diego. The Mexican border is minutes away. Needless to say, I doubt the pollution Mexico creates knows to stay behind the border line. San Diego is one of the most expensive cities to live in.

Did racism end with The Emancipation Proclamation?
Did racism end with the 15th Amendment?
Did racism end with Plessy vs Ferguson?
Did racism end with Brown vs BOE
Did racism end with the civil rights act of 1964?
Employment, housing, health care, education, criminal justice...Is racism absent in these areas now?
No? Well, that means systemic racism exists.

In a discussion about systemic racism and systemic is just another way of saying institutional.

Here is the head of a police institution (the LAPD chief of police) saying that "the death of George Floyd is on the hands on the protesters"......?

What the holy fucking hell?

I don't care if this is not how he meant it. This is how he said it. Since this is about institutional racism.

@panamaican what is your take on the early 90s prison reform (or did it start under Reagan?) that saw tons of black men ending up in prison?

I routinely travel to San Diego. The Mexican border is minutes away. Needless to say, I doubt the pollution Mexico creates knows to stay behind the border line. San Diego is one of the most expensive cities to live in.
Ok you solved it. There’s clearly no such thing as systemic racism or environmental racism because San Diego is expensive.

Systemic racism is a government or corporate system that was designed to perpetuate racial differences...
By your standards, much of the MSM purveys systemic racism.
190715230836-don-lemon-take-trump-racist-tweet.jpg

@Slick_36

As a previous poster stated, it’s a vague term used by certain people with certain agendas as a way to encompass varying degrees of actions, in an effort to clump everyone together, with the ultimate goal of perpetuating their vague beliefs on weaker-minded people.

Nope, just another excuse for people blaming their failures on others, occurs in all groups.

Ok you solved it. There’s clearly no such thing as systemic racism or environmental racism because San Diego is expensive.
The people living in areas where vast amounts pollution created see these plants, factories, etc., as a way to feed their families. Not everyone can afford to reside in La Jolla! I can’t even live there, and my Wife and I score very decent paychecks!

By your standards, much of the MSM purveys systemic racism.
190715230836-don-lemon-take-trump-racist-tweet.jpg

@Slick_36

As a previous poster stated, it’s a vague term used by certain people with certain agendas as a way to encompass varying degrees of actions, in an effort to clump everyone together, with the ultimate goal of perpetuating their vague beliefs on weaker-minded people.
So you're just using it in whatever way is convenient to your political agenda and you aren't interested in an honest discussion, got it.

Agree to disagree
A minority absolutely could not be elected in a Systemic Racist country to the highest position, none the less reelected

He wouldnt even have gotten into Harvard Law to become a Senator in the first place

Definately wouldnt have earned donor backing from Wall St, and neoliberal corporate machine
why?

So you're just using it in whatever way is convenient to your political agenda and you aren't interested in an honest discussion, got it.
If by “honest discussion“ you mean automatically agreeing with you, then no, I’m not interested in that.

Back