Social "Systemic Racism"

Yes they do. Because a systemically racist system doesn't mean that the discriminated agains't can't do anything. It means that they have to overcome a racist system to get there.

But that's secondary to a larger misunderstanding of systemic racism. You're confusing it with individual racism. Systemic racism is a school system designed to marginalize black students in the 1920s-1950s that is kept in place until the 2010s. THe system itself is designed to marginalize the students. You can swap out racist teachers for non-racist teachers but if the new teachers are operating under the rules of the old system, then the results will be similar no matter what the new teachers would like to see happen.

Electing Presidents isn't systemic racism, the system itself was designed at the beginning of this country to try and be as fair as possible. Where you're going to encounter systemic racism is in the local party rules that act as barriers to entry for minorities. To make up an example - if it takes money to earn a place at the table and the table is where you pick who gets party backing then the system is going to disproportionately exclude ex-slaves and their immediate descendants for many, many years until those minorities finally have enough economic backing to get a seat at the table.

So, once a guy like Obama gets to the national stage, he's already worked his way through the parts of the system where systemic racism is likely to be the stumbling block. Once he gets there, he's dealing with potential individual racism at the polls, not systemic racism.

The distinction is an important one. Systemic racism isn't racism by one person directed against another person or even one group of people directed at another group of people. Systemic racism is a government or corporate system that was designed to perpetuate racial differences, thus it operates as intended regardless of the racial intent of the people currently managing the system (at least until they intentionally dismantle said system and replace it with something new).

It doesn't exist though, it may have, it doesn't now

so /thread

It doesn't exist though, it may have, it doesn't now

so /thread
It doesn't matter if the gov gave them all the ridiculous reparation money they want. They'll still cry that they are victims. Over and over again, forever.

It doesn't matter if the gov gave them all the ridiculous reparation money they want. They'll still cry that they are victims. Over and over again, forever.

You cannot create a protected class, people don't even know what the fuck they are arguing. Its also extremely demeaning.

If by “honest discussion“ you mean automatically agreeing with you, then no, I’m not interested in that.
You didn't engage at all, you dodged your own question to wallow in the ignorance you came in with.

Well sure. When the police are doing something detrimental to their community, they should close ranks and stick together. When the U.S. government is doing something detrimental to their community, they should probably close ranks and stick together. When local governments are doing something detrimental to their community, the same.

Is that what you were referring to?
Yes and it's more of a big deal than you're making it out to be. The Irish in Ireland had the same problem and they finally stopped allowing their economy to finally grow
Especially since the closing of ranks has done a huge amount of harm the black community since the late 70s. It was a beneficial aspect that is now a burden

I can’t recall the last time I saw CNN have a panel demonizing blacks...however, many MSM outlets have guests who are doing just this in regards to white people!
Yes, the double standard is hard at work. How many people are saying anti white nonsense on the air and are being cheered for it?

Nah, the country literally founded in colonialism, white supremacy, slavery (slave owners who wanted to be free), genocide, by a group of people who were a part of an empire and formed another empire that has a long history of discrimination has no racism in the system (systemic... rac... ah fuck it). Of course not. That's made up. As soon as the Civil Rights Act was passed every single community in this country was equal and the last several hundred years of laws and attitudes vanished into thin air.

When a not white person disagrees, they're clearly lying. All of them.

Also, Republicans/conservatives - the people calling for executions and martial law via the military on domestic soil who have a long tradition of being against women's, gay, trans, and rights for anyone with a bit of melanin in their skin, those who wanna tell you what you can and can't do with your own body, who march with rifles and declare a pandemic fake news whilst saying racism doesn't exist - yeah, those people - are a part of the party of freedom and liberty AND! They want small government! Stop that government overreach they say!

giphy.gif

I have no clue. Can we not at least agree that Black men are far less likely to get the benefit of the doubt in many situations? That has always seemed obvious to me.

I've never been in trouble with the law but I got out of a couple tickets that left me wondering what might have happened if I was black.

Not even just with police. Imagine all the times some woman with a stick up her ass called the police because there was a suspicious looking black man around.

Is "systemic racism" really a thing in the U.S.? I'm seeing this term being thrown around a lot as of late.

I'll admit there are regions of this country, very small pockets in the grand scheme of things, that I, as a Mexican male, would not venture into. Heck, there are parts here in L.A. where the lines between racism and culturalism get fuzzy. I can only imagine it's the same for blacks in specific regions throughout the country.

I remember working in Pennsylvania and seeing black men with white women walking around at the mall, and no one was batting an eye. But, the second my Hispanic buddy and I walked into a restaurant, bar, etc., you'd literally hear the record skip. One lady at a Cracker Barrel, without hesitation, before even taking our order, said, "you two look different". We advised her we were LEOs working in the area, and everyone went about their business. We laughed it off, but it still felt a little odd. She turned out to be a sweetheart who simply didn't see brownish people all that often, if ever.

So, the term "systemic" tends to lend itself to a grander scheme, one were EVERYONE is involved. Personally, I don't believe that to be true...not even close. As I mentioned before, there are no doubt pockets throughout the U.S. where certain skin colors, cultures, etc. are shunned, even harassed, and unfortunately sometimes injured/killed.

I'm hearing many pastors and political figures stating that "systemic racism" must be eradicated. First, I'll reiterate my belief that there is no such thing as "systemic racism", and I don't see the government, or ANYONE for that matter, doing anything to persuade people from getting stuck in their bubbles, and being less than welcoming to "foreign" cultures.

What that SOB did to George Floyd was absolutely sickening. It's almost as if he went mentally retarded for those 7-8 minutes. I'm hoping to see his partners charged, as well. Personally, I don't know of ANY law enforcement agency that teaches such a technique. BUT, this idiot's actions DO NOT mirror the beliefs, feelings, and/or actions of the 800,000+ sworn law enforcement personnel in the U.S.

It's just a word that left like to throw around that doesn't mean anything. Like "white privilege", "100 genders", etc ...

Well there clearly is systemic racism

but how can you loot steal
And destroy people’s lives and businesses and complain that they’re viewing you in a negative light

IMO the Current African American community Lacks the leadership that had in the past that helped make the amazing advancements we’ve had

Umm plenty of white people destroying property in those videos too. Did you miss that? Smh

Even though there's plenty of racism going around from all groups, I dont buy into systemic racism towards blacks, at least not the degree that's talked about

There's definitely systemic failures of accountability.

Cops get away with too much bullshit, and minorities, too often, get treated with kid gloves in any national discussion.

Black on white/black murder dwarves white on black.

But white murders on the natives and blacks during the invasion and slavery to dwraf murders?

There are a lot of racists in the police force and military it is one of the only two professions that will employ them, and they usually have little man syndrome so the professions along with their anger and hatred of others are a natural bond.

In what other profession can you legally bully and harass people and even have the opportunity to beat them up or kill them? Military and police

Everytime I play online , there are tons of racist talking crap. These are grown men too. So people want me to believe it's not bad when I hear it daily?

yea

I’m in la it was 90 percent Hispanic and black

Because that the demographic, look up other states.. rioting , you'll see plenty of white people doing the same thing.

Doesn't matter what race you are, it's a human behavior .

Back