International Tensions flared up at Justin Trudeau's Campaign stop Near Toronto

NDP released their platform and costing today. Below are the new and improved taxes to pay for it all with no plan to balance the budget. Thee Liberals in Ontario thought Money wasn't an object either and chased tons of business out of ontario. They are non-party status now.

New revenue streams
Below are the revenue raising measures and the amounts the party projects each would bring in:

• $60 billion through a 1% annual tax on households with wealth over $10 million.

• $44 billion through raising the capital gains inclusion rate to 75% from 50% .

• $25 billion through raising the corporate income tax rate to 18% from 15%. This would apply only to businesses that make more than $500,000 in profit.

• $14 billion through an "excess profit tax" on companies that made large profits during the COVID-19 pandemic. This would apply to only some companies that make profit in excess of $10 million per year.

• $12 billion through cracking down on tax havens. The Canada Revenue Agency would receive $100 million in extra funding to expand its capability to track down such funds.
The revenue part of the platform is just completely unrealistic. Wealth taxes don't work. 12 countries in Europe tried it and 8 have dropped them so far. In France, they had a similar wealth tax as Singh, and the result was the net outflow of 60,000 millionnaires, with the capital outflow resulting in the country losing more tax revenue than the tax brought in. The capital gains tax will result in us no longer being competitive with the US for investment capital. Singh's plan is the equivalent of Walmart doubling all its prices and projecting that revenue will double. That's not how economics works.

International Consumers like China will just buy their grain from Brazil instead off Canada. The rich companies he wants to retroactively tax like Amazon will just close up shop and move their jobs out of canada before this legislation has a chance to pass in Canada and their money is already offshore and untouchable. Then they will punish Canadians by making use of Amazon pass the higher costs on to the customers

It is stupid to behave that way and to make matters worse the idiot is giving the media even more fuel to attack the PPC with.
At this point, even bad publicity is good for the PPC.

Half the country Don't even know who they are.

I will be giving the PPC a vote. The Conservatives will be getting the votes in my neck of the woods so I might as well do something a little different.

If anyone is getting publicity its JT what he think has being doing a great job for six years does he with the libs? its a bit ironic to see liberal candidates say on the news "Some people are happy to see us on the streets in their community"

Problary majority of their own party members didn't do nothing for the six? seven years? and all now make empty promises?

It is stupid to behave that way and to make matters worse the idiot is giving the media even more fuel to attack the PPC with.

absolutely. Similar to true anti-vaxers in regards to being deranged in public, their actions do far more to harm their cause than help. Occasionally it’s such a ridiculous display that I’m surprised there are not more accusations from their more moderate counterparts that the whole thing is a smear campaign/conspiracy against them.

Chris Bittle's van was spray painted "FU Liberals"

20% of me thinks he did it himself.

I seldom watch TV so miss out on alarmist bullshit like I just watched.

O'Toole wants to:
- Repeal the ban on "assault weapons". Utter rubbish calling what was available to Canadians assault anything. Semi auto long guns restricted to 5 rounds aren't assault anything. Nobody aware of what is used in gun crime believes this will solve anything.
- Repeal mandatory vaccination for air travel. Good. Proof of vaccination, a negative test or prior infection is a much better system. Listen to ze Germans ffs.
- Repeal a woman's right to choose. Choose what? From my understanding the conservative party has no interest in rolling back abortion rights, so what's this about?

So my fellow Canadians, valid points or fear mongering?

I seldom watch TV so miss out on alarmist bullshit like I just watched.

O'Toole wants to:
- Repeal the ban on "assault weapons". Utter rubbish calling what was available to Canadians assault anything. Semi auto long guns restricted to 5 rounds aren't assault anything. Nobody aware of what is used in gun crime believes this will solve anything.
- Repeal mandatory vaccination for air travel. Good. Proof of vaccination, a negative test or prior infection is a much better system. Listen to ze Germans ffs.
- Repeal a woman's right to choose. Choose what? From my understanding the conservative party has no interest in rolling back abortion rights, so what's this about?

So my fellow Canadians, valid points or fear mongering?
Fear-mongering garbage that Trudeau is spewing because he knows his base will eat it up.

At the end of the day Trudeau, and moreso his blind voters will have wasted over $600,000,000 to lose some seats but retain his minority. The obvious move is to step down, but we'll see if our embarrassment of a PM will have the guts to do it.

Loving the rise of the PPC!

I keep seeing how a vote for them is a vote for Trudeau. That's so ridiculous as a vote for O'toole is basically a vote for Trudeau as their platforms aren't far apart.

Do you guys think Trudeau will step down if he wins a minority? The election is a toss up at this point, though I expected a bigger Liberal lead by now.

Loving the rise of the PPC!

I keep seeing how a vote for them is a vote for Trudeau. That's so ridiculous as a vote for O'toole is basically a vote for Trudeau as their platforms aren't far apart.

Do you guys think Trudeau will step down if he wins a minority? The election is a toss up at this point, though I expected a bigger Liberal lead by now.
A vote for the picture is absolutely a vote for Trudeau. It is a vote taken away from Otoole that is literally going to get thrown in the garbage because the PPC will win zero ridings. This is the biggest flaw with conservatives - "no ones gonna tell me how to vote strategically! I'm a free person. Go Bernier. He has a seat and a chance right?" No, he doesn't have either.

Man Justin is terrible when he goes off script. You can tell he went through most of his life without ever being told no.

A vote for the picture is absolutely a vote for Trudeau. It is a vote taken away from Otoole that is literally going to get thrown in the garbage because the PPC will win zero ridings. This is the biggest flaw with conservatives - "no ones gonna tell me how to vote strategically! I'm a free person. Go Bernier. He has a seat and a chance right?" No, he doesn't have either.
I keep seeing the same thing about anyone who votes PPC. Who gives a fuck about O'toole and his platform. He's basically Trudeau, so in my eye a vote O'toole is a vote for the Liberals.

The revenue part of the platform is just completely unrealistic. Wealth taxes don't work. 12 countries in Europe tried it and 8 have dropped them so far. In France, they had a similar wealth tax as Singh, and the result was the net outflow of 60,000 millionnaires, with the capital outflow resulting in the country losing more tax revenue than the tax brought in. The capital gains tax will result in us no longer being competitive with the US for investment capital. Singh's plan is the equivalent of Walmart doubling all its prices and projecting that revenue will double. That's not how economics works.

International Consumers like China will just buy their grain from Brazil instead off Canada. The rich companies he wants to retroactively tax like Amazon will just close up shop and move their jobs out of canada before this legislation has a chance to pass in Canada and their money is already offshore and untouchable. Then they will punish Canadians by making use of Amazon pass the higher costs on to the customers

aint this the case for pretty much every ndp plan for the last 30+ years?

I keep seeing the same thing about anyone who votes PPC. Who gives a fuck about O'toole and his platform. He's basically Trudeau, so in my eye a vote O'toole is a vote for the Liberals.

I keep seeing this take. Complete idiocy. Read there fucking platforms, A PPC is a vote for the liberals because the Cons are the only ones who have any shot at beating the liberals.

Vote for PPC in the next election if you want, PPC and PC coalition 5 years from now could be great for the country, but it will never happen if Trudeau gets a majority. Preventing that should be priority

Man Justin is terrible when he goes off script. You can tell he went through most of his life without ever being told no.

None of what he said me at anything. He said empty nonsense. End the pandemic for good? Does he have an actual plan for doing that? Dude is an idiot and probably couldn’t find his own flight at the airport

I keep seeing this take. Complete idiocy. Read there fucking platforms, A PPC is a vote for the liberals because the Cons are the only ones who have any shot at beating the liberals.

Vote for PPC in the next election if you want, PPC and PC coalition 5 years from now could be great for the country, but it will never happen if Trudeau gets a majority. Preventing that should be priority

Honestly, you should just vote for the party you support regardless if they will win or not. Being a fair weather friend won't help your party grow, it will only keep the big two parties handing power back and forth.

If you really believe in a party (even a trash one like the PPC) then give them your vote.

Honestly, you should just vote for the party you support regardless if they will win or not. Being a fair weather friend won't help your party grow, it will only keep the big two parties handing power back and forth.

If you really believe in a party (even a trash one like the PPC) then give them your vote.

This election is an opportunity to get rid of the worst Prime Minister of all time, fuck everyone who doesn't help.

Back