Economy The border is a disaster right now

No there weren’t. There’s a reason why Mexico encouraged Anglo immigration to Texas. It’s because the Mexican areas of the now USA were distant and eels rated by desert. Santa Fe was a small town. LA which is where my family is from, was a village. You probably mean New Orleans, which was French until they gave it to the Spanish and it was sold to the USA in the Louisiana purchase.
Florida too, was basically unpopulated save for a few towns and forts. It was almost all natives with some Spaniards as admin, clergy and some soldiers.
Unless you have sources that say otherwise you are very wrong on this account.
I e read that there were 10,000 families in the current USA that would be considered Mexican or Hispanic. Wiki says the same thing iirc

The Spanish military had forts set up in different areas. When land was being taken by European settlers the Spanish forfeited a lot of those same areas under treaties and political agreements. This is a good read if you find the time.
http://www.ouramericanrevolution.org/index.cfm/page/view/m0143

Most of the tweets in this thread are from Rio Grande Valley, Texas. Does anyone live there? I am thinking of moving to there from Canada.

It's strange to me that a Republican president (with a platform of building a wall) and a Republican governor couldn't get anything done in 4 years.

^ It shouldn't be surprised that not many presidents, congresses or governors can do much about it. Too much money to be made and spent. And if they fixed it, just another rally cry off the books to get votes about how the other side doesn't care. While both sides continue to do the same thing they pointed at the other side of doing.

They just want better lives .. end the war on drugs who cares if it’s killing people in record numbers right ?

Most of the tweets in this thread are from Rio Grande Valley, Texas. Does anyone live there? I am thinking of moving to there from Canada.

It's strange to me that a Republican president (with a platform of building a wall) and a Republican governor couldn't get anything done in 4 years.

Trump's wall was fought by democrats in congress and then caught up in court battles, so they could not start it. Moreover, they are letting people cross through checkpoints at parts of the wall that was actually completed (in addition to gaps in the wall).

Anyways, this is dangerous to ship these people all over, in the middle of the night, and just hope they come back in a few years... just let them attempt to find a job in a terrible economy and it will work out for the best. Plus they aren't testing all these people for COVID or vaccinating them (if you believe that would be effective), and then shipping them to poor, minority areas, which are most at risk for serious illness from COVID

Disgusting

Meanwhile, the court told them they must put back remain in mexico policy, but only enrolled 300 in December, so they are not enforcing it, despite two courts telling them they have to

No surprise Mayorkas is telling the border patrol that the policies are not popular... I don't know how much control Mayorka's has, or how much he just has to eat shit from the admin/higher ups, but he sounds like such a little bitch in this clip that came out yesterday.

even in August he was saying the policies aren't sustainable, yet they won't listen to the courts, and they haven't changed a damn thing.

Back