The Official Sherdog Rap/Gangsta/Hip-Hop Thread

Who is AG?
Do not know who you mean, Planet Asia should made an album with Madlib and Freddie Gibbs I think they would compliment each other.
I honestly prefer oldschool for the most part when it comes to the rap itself but newer generations do have some amazing beats sometimes, I do like Rick Ross stuff when he raps on slow beats he has an awesome voice imo.
Might be because I am probably a lot younger than you guys.

I love this beat, I like the song the sample is from on its own as well so was a nobrainer.

I'm a bit of a sample geek but I had to look that one up, I'm pretty good with the soul/funk/jazz etc but not so much rock.

AG is Andre The Giant, one of the most underrated and also one of the best. Been killing it since the early 90's. Very similar career wise to Planet Asia, strictly underground, never had much commercial success, does a lot of low key projects with different producers that fly way under the radar.

This track is probably top 10 all time for me

I'm a bit of a sample geek but I had to look that one up, I'm pretty good with the soul/funk/jazz etc but not so much rock.

AG is Andre The Giant, one of the most underrated and also one of the best. Been killing it since the early 90's. Very similar career wise to Planet Asia, strictly underground, never had much commercial success, does a lot of low key projects with different producers that fly way under the radar.

This track is probably top 10 all time for me

Nice will check his stuff out, I used to be a real underground nerd 10 years back or so had a pretty decent list on lastfm but my account got reset so sadly I cant find all the stuff from back in the day.
I do remember some stuff but not all of them sadly.
MF Grimm did stuck with me tho especially this track here:

I think I even did the annotations for the song on Rapgenius back in the day but I was 14-15 at the time so they are not really the best probably.

Nice will check his stuff out, I used to be a real underground nerd 10 years back or so had a pretty decent list on lastfm but my account got reset so sadly I cant find all the stuff from back in the day.
I do remember some stuff but not all of them sadly.
MF Grimm did stuck with me tho especially this track here:

I think I even did the annotations for the song on Rapgenius back in the day but I was 14-15 at the time so they are not really the best probably.

I used to do a lot of the sample sources on whosampled.com back in the day, but there was some dude, 7L I think it was, threw a shit for about us IDing his beats and a load of stuff got taken down. My account was deleted after a certain outburst. Now I only have 30 or 40 on there

I used to do a lot of the sample sources on whosampled.com back in the day, but there was some dude, 7L I think it was, threw a shit for about us IDing his beats and a load of stuff got taken down. My account was deleted after a certain outburst. Now I only have 30 or 40 on there

Hate people like that, why would he get mad about people finding old songs he sampled?
It is not like he made the original songs, that is just selfish.

Already posted this in another thread but I truly love this song, I always thought southern rap was really underrated

As a hobbyist beat maker one thing I learned to never do is ask a producer what sample they used. Its weird how offended some of them get.
I'm the same, I haven't even made beats in years but I have an insane library of songs ready to be sampled one day and I wouldn't share them with anyone

I think done of the issue with 7L is that he (like many others) used uncleared samples, but he was so underground there was very little chance anyone would notice or care. But once they start turning up on a website, he's in danger of a law suit. Or he may have been a bit of a dick

Why so much rap sucks today because you come up with this:

Out of this, I just don’t get it:

Pos is my fave and you put that next to DOOM. Come on now.

De La Soul tie with The Roots for me when it comes to best hip hop group ever.
Roots perhaps at this stage edge it because they're still killing it regularly through Though & ?Love alone, but De La have more classic material from 3 FT to Stakes (skip AOI x 2 and Grind Date was dope too).

I still have a ton of De La apparel, I rock my De La shirts every summer without fail

Back