The UFC should abolish women's fw for atomweight.

I’d rather see UFC actually try fleshing out 145 with more talented recruits before abandoning it.

I'm not your Dad, son.
I have no idea what that means given the context of you acting a cunt over another’s opinion on an mma forum. I mean if you were my Dad that would make me son of a cunt and that comes across weird being you a man and all… presumably

Nah, the real money is in smaller male weight classes. They failed to have Mouse catch on with the general public because he was too big. Imagine the stars they could make with 115 and 105-pound male fighters.

Why? just why? that would be a waste, there's still Holly Holm, Norma Dumont and many names at 145 Ibs, also since Nunes retired, anyone can become champion, so why? also any of the girls that retired can come back to the UFC, any of the Bellator, Invicta...etc can sign up with the UFC, so No, I don't think so.

Well Holly is fighting 135 atm. I think it is clear the division is pretty much closed now.

145 could have been good but the UFC wasn't willing to pay the women outside the UFC to come. If they had Cyborg, Kayla + a few others from outside (before Nunes retired so she was still there too) the division would have been talked about more than a lot of mens divisions IMO. Problem likely was the cost to do it.

Nah, the real money is in smaller male weight classes. They failed to have Mouse catch on with the general public because he was too big. Imagine the stars they could make with 115 and 105-pound male fighters.
You're right. 118 pound boxers like Ruben Olivares and Carlos Zarate were heroes in their countries. The same is happening today still with Naoya Inoue. It'll take time, but there will definitely be a 115 men's division in the future.

105 is competitive and they can have those girls who are way too small for 115. They might not be competitive in 115 but they will shine in 105. Someone like Loma will do well in 105 considering she is sort of fat at 115. There are also regional talent at 105 from Japan, Korea and Brazil.

I’d rather see UFC actually try fleshing out 145 with more talented recruits before abandoning it.
I don't think the talent is out there for FW. Most of them are in Bellator and the rest are actually in the UFC. They are just buried in the prelims.

I'm thinking tiny cute Asian and Filipina girls. Seriously.

Cyborg leaving had zero to do with lesser competition and all to do with trying to manipulate more. Let’s not forget the company President and one of the main spokespeople for the company completely disrespected her as a woman. I don’t know what women you deal with but expecting no clap back in the end there is retarded
When did Dana disrespect her as a woman? If you’re talking about that Wandi walk smarten the fuck up. She wasn’t even in the UFC at the time.

She was SO disrespected that she actually joined the UFC.. Uhhh, so clearly not that disrespected now was she? She signed on to fight at 135 and literally NEVER made that weight in the UFC. So they gave her CW.

Her first fight was the third last fight in front of 45,000 people in Brazil on the Werdum/Stipe ppv card at CW. Her second UFC fight was a ME at CW in Brazil on FOX. And they even made a FW division just for her. So be a little more disingenuous why don’t you? She earned $millons in the UFC fighting 135 girls. Yup.. disrespected the shit out of that dishonest ped cheat. She even popped in the UFC. But it all got smoothed over by the UFC and she was given a retro-TUE.

This whole she was disrespected by her boss crap is complete crap. Dana was not her boss at the time. He was just a rival promoter putting down the competition.. Like that’s never happened before. Just another false narrative dishonest clowns try to run with. But she’s dishonest too. Why do dishonest fighters have so many dishonest fans? She proved to be a liar many times. Even doctoring a video. And claiming she wore a 6 pound bikini. Real upstanding character, buddeh.

The UFC bent over backwards for Cyborg. And I doubt you’ve dealt with any women that weren’t your relatives.

It's trash. They tried doing a season of TUF and every woman immediately moved to 135 afterwards. 145 only exists to give Cyborg and Kayla Harrison fights and neither of those fighters are in the UFC. Even the chick who beat Harrison recently can make 135. Its a dead division with no talent, and waters down PFL cards significantly. No reason to bring that to the UFC, especially not when 105 is a far more deep division.

might as well get rid of mens flyweight division while they are at it

Screenshot_20230622-151001.jpg
Honestly, the talent pool for women's fw sucks ass while for atomweight it might be one of the deepest. Very few women are 145 after a weight cut. It doesn't even make sense especially with Amanda Nunes retiring.

Dumont at 145 is a gift from the gods. She has more cheek meat than the entire atom weight division. She's more marketable than Nunes. Who cares if she beats up a different mediocre fighter every few months during her title reign let's keep her active.

Abolish FW and then add nothing else. Good answer good answer

Pretty sure the Hima Hamrash guys is trolling, or just stepped out of a portal from 5 years ago.

Like who? Go look at Bellator’s featherweights, and go look at the last PFL card with featherweights. Two promotions, two divisions, and very little talent to be found.

you know she’s never actually competed at 105? I doubt she could ever make it. Looks drained at 115.

What roster would you make for the atomweight division, out of interest?
Seika Izawa, Saori Oshima, Si Woo Park, Moeri Suda, Yu Ri Shim, Chihiro Sawada, Ana Palacios, Claire Lopez, Jade Jorand, Daniela Hernandez, Rayanne Dos Santos, Lindsey VanZandt, Rika Ishige, Elisandra Ferreira, Monique Adriane, Andrea Meneses, Suwanan Boonsoorn

Most of those listed are under 30, with fun fighting styles. With one exception, I didn’t list anyone in ONE Championship’s 115lb “Atomweight” class.

of course, I’d almost rather the UFC didn’t add Atomweight. I don’t trust them to not screw it up by making a stupid TUF season, or forcing them through DWCS to trap them in absolute trash contracts. Just end the 145lb vanity division. It was the Cyborg vanity division, then it was the Nunes vanity division to sell her as a two weight champ.

When did Dana disrespect her as a woman? If you’re talking about that Wandi walk smarten the fuck up. She wasn’t even in the UFC at the time.

She was SO disrespected that she actually joined the UFC.. Uhhh, so clearly not that disrespected now was she? She signed on to fight at 135 and literally NEVER made that weight in the UFC. So they gave her CW.

Her first fight was the third last fight in front of 45,000 people in Brazil on the Werdum/Stipe ppv card at CW. Her second UFC fight was a ME at CW in Brazil on FOX. And they even made a FW division just for her. So be a little more disingenuous why don’t you? She earned $millons in the UFC fighting 135 girls. Yup.. disrespected the shit out of that dishonest ped cheat. She even popped in the UFC. But it all got smoothed over by the UFC and she was given a retro-TUE.

This whole she was disrespected by her boss crap is complete crap. Dana was not her boss at the time. He was just a rival promoter putting down the competition.. Like that’s never happened before. Just another false narrative dishonest clowns try to run with. But she’s dishonest too. Why do dishonest fighters have so many dishonest fans? She proved to be a liar many times. Even doctoring a video. And claiming she wore a 6 pound bikini. Real upstanding character, buddeh.

The UFC bent over backwards for Cyborg. And I doubt you’ve dealt with any women that weren’t your relatives.
You said all of this while disregarding the damn fact I haven’t said anything Cyborg hasn’t said herself about how the situation made her feel. So the next time you choose to tell someone to smarten up use your own advice you dumb fuck. https://www.businessinsider.com/ufc-boss-dana-white-is-a-bully-cris-cyborg-says-2019-7?amp

What do you mean only 10 people are interested in? Fighters like Angela Lee and Stamp Fairtex are huge stars in mma already
I was going to say the same thing they have huge crowds cheering for them both. And Waterson would have probably been a huge star if they let her fight at 105, she would have been more successful and looked a lot better at 105 before she had to bulk up to fight at 115.

So I want you to do a solid explanation you silly boy of how I repeated practically verbatim the reasons Cyborg said affected her to want to part ways yet I need to smarten up? Are you that stupid to believe those words wouldn’t make a woman very catty when she can move down the road and still make money which is exactly what happened? I don’t need your whole thesaurus because honestly you sound like a fucking clown talking down to people reiterating what the fucking fighter gave as their reasonable rationale for not wanting to be with the UFC

!
So I want you to do a solid explanation you silly boy of how I repeated practically verbatim the reasons Cyborg said affected her to want to part ways yet I need to smarten up? Are you that stupid to believe those words wouldn’t make a woman very catty when she can move down the road and still make money which is exactly what happened? I don’t need your whole thesaurus because honestly you sound like a fucking clown talking down to people reiterating what the fucking fighter gave as their reasonable rationale for not wanting to be with the UFC
everything Cyborg said was from years before, and she had said since then that she and Dana were on good terms. They were only suddenly on bad terms again once it came time to renegotiate her contract, then she brought up crap from six years prior, accused Rogan of saying something he didn’t, and then she doctored a video to make it seem Dana said something he didn’t. Cyborg was trying to get sympathy by playing the victim. It’s her second favorite pastime, after crushing cans.

Back