Economy The US has given Zelensky's govt $129 million PER DAY since the war started !

What guarantees does Russia have that NATO wont go on the offensive against them?

Nukes.

Again, I ask you... if you are against negotiation then what is the alternative?

Again, stop saying "negotiation" when you basically say "Russia must get everything they want and give nothing back".

You want Ukraine to surrender, be honest.

You seem to be unaware of anything regarding Ukraine before 2022. You may want to do a quick interwebs search and found out what was happening.

Since when did Russia took Crimea by force? since when has Russian troops been in the Donbass?

So yeah just go ahead and post a source and I'll check it out
81qk1h.jpg

No, this started in 2014. Their are US officials openly claiming they don't want this war to end anytime soon. That's the goal.

The eastern regions would likely become what they should have become from the very start in order to avoid all of this shit, The Peoples Republics of Donetsk and Lugansk, but they will be under the Russian banner rather than the Ukranian one which could have been a reality prior to the invasion but the desires of the citizens in those regions were ignored and met with hostility instead.

The actual fighting started in 2022.

So basically you want Ukraine to just give up. Doesn't diplomacy include concessions from either side? Your solution just means Russia keeps the spoils of their conquest.

I agree, they shouldn't. And I have no problem with other nations providing aid to nations that were unjustly invaded by the US (ie Vietnam)

What about countries that the US uses NATO to antagonize?

Nukes.

Again, stop saying "negotiation" when you basically say "Russia must get everything they want and give nothing back".

You want Ukraine to surrender, be honest.
Perhaps you want to roll the dice with Nukes, I don't.

I just want the shit to be over with. That's my honest answer.

At no point have I proposed Russia "gets everything", everything would be all of Ukraine.

The stark reality is they are going to get the eastern regions, the ones heavily populated by ethnic Russians that sided with Russia after the 2014 Coup.

Ukraine is not going to take those regions back, and they have zero leverage to get any of those back through negotiation. In negotiations one party is generally going to have the upper hand when they are the ones with the most control.

The actual fighting started in 2022.

So basically you want Ukraine to just give up. Doesn't diplomacy include concessions from either side? Your solution just means Russia keeps the spoils of their conquest.
No, the actual fighting started in 2014 when Ukraine started shelling those regions when they didn't agree with the 2014 coup and wanted to separate, then sent in Nazi Azovites to terrorize the populace. 14,000 casualties in asymmetrical warfare.

Your solution is that Russia keeps the spoils of their conquest, you are just willing to sacrifice more Ukrainian conscript lives for no reason before that inevitability comes to fruition.

No, the actual fighting started in 2014 when Ukraine started shelling those regions when they didn't agree with the 2014 coup and wanted to separate, then sent in Nazi Azovites to terrorize the populace. 14,000 casualties in asymmetrical warfare.

Your solution is that Russia keeps the spoils of their conquest, you are just willing to sacrifice more Ukrainian conscript lives for no reason before that inevitability comes to fruition.

2014 was some military action at best - not an actual war. And the West wasn't involved. The actual war started in 2022.

And it's not me "willing" to sacrifice Ukrainian lives. That's up to them.

2014 was some military action at best - not an actual war. And the West wasn't involved. The actual war started in 2022.

And it's not me "willing" to sacrifice Ukrainian lives. That's up to them.
It's literally all connected. 14,000 people were killed in what you claim is "not an actual war". The west was involved not only in the 2014 coup, but they were sending weaponry and training Ukrainians to fight against Russians LONG before 2022.

It's actually not up to them, their military is made up almost entirely of conscripts that didn't have an option.

Really, it's up to the United States. Without the US their is no Ukraine.

It's literally all connected. 14,000 people were killed in what you claim is "not an actual war". The west was involved not only in the 2014 coup, but they were sending weaponry and training Ukrainians to fight against Russians LONG before 2022.

Yea they started covertly training Ukrainians AFTER the annexation of Crimea in 2014.

It's actually not up to them, their military is made up almost entirely of conscripts that didn't have an option.

It's not only conscripts. A lot are contract soldiers. And how about Russia conscripting even more people than Ukraine? Seems you're pretty one sided in your criticism.

You're acting like Russia was only going after more Russian speaking areas of Ukraine. And not acknowledging Russia was trying to take over the ENTIRE country. It was an existential threat.

Why is it so hard to comprehend that Russia is seeking to have a buffer between their borders and NATO states?

If they take over the entirety of Ukraine that would put them right on the border of a bunch of NATO states, so it would be completely counter productive.

1.Because Russia has already been sharing a bufferless border with NATO for nearly 20 years, since the Baltic states joined.

2. Because this invasion directly prompted Finland to join NATO adding another 800+ miles of shared NATO border, and Russia doesn't seem to care about that.

3. Because a land border is not needed for NATO to strike Russia anyway, since NATO possess nuclear subs and ICBMs.

4. Because Russia has nukes of its own, which assure that they will never be invaded by NATO unless Russia attacks them first.

Given these facts, the invasion clearly has nothing to do with Russia being threatened militarily, but everything to do with it losing Ukraine (who applied for EU membership in 2021) from it's sphere of influence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back