There Is Now A Massive Rift Between Conor McGregor And Dana White

LOL if true. Conor cut the president of the company out and is only negotiating with Lorenzo and Frank now. Haha. Maybe Dana should've let Conor fight Diego Sanchez at Welterweight like he wanted to instead of putting up resistance. Like Conor said before, he already had Lorenzo "on board" with the idea.

Anything you hear will simply be more drama to drum up interest.

They love each other.

The more Conor talks, the more casuals watch and pay....which makes Dana money.

Don't be so gullible folks.

Conor is cornered.

He knows he's about to lose from RDA.

Obviously, he's very nervous about it, and this is just the result of his nervousness.

If he thought he'd lose to RDA he wouldn't have asked for the fight.

On December 14, I wrote this on another thread, talking about Conor's post-fight after KOing Aldo:

I have no reliable information about your other points, but as a professional reporter (covering among other things the State Department) I was FUCKING SHOCKED when I saw that Conor had his own press conference after the fights. Trust me, that kind of things NEVER happens by chance. It was planned to be like this, and it was clear that UFC prepared the agenda in case of a victory, to have him alone at the podium. The other new champ, Rockhold, had to share attentions with Faber, Maia and Romero. And before someone says that Conor was in the last fight of the night and that's why he was the last to arrive, I can garantee that is BS, as all the other athletes was asked to leave the room when Conor arrived.
Also, during his performance in front of the press, Conor mentioned several times "the promotion", saying how good the night was for "the promotion". I've never seen a sportsman doing that.
Maybe he asked to be alone in the press conference. In the last one he behave like a moron, interrupting everyone and making stupid sexist remarks in front of female athletes, until Dana asked him to slow down. Maybe Dana reached the conclusion that, without the need to divide attention, he would show a more mature image.
The point is that Conor is already speaking both as a fighter and as a promotion's manager or an UFC's honcho. He said that he will NOT vacate the FW belt and fight for the LW belt, something that no other fighter was allowed to do so far, as if he indeed has a say in how things work. In the middle of the press conference I thought "at one point he will demand to be an associate to UFC, not only a fighter". Obviously he is a superb asset for UFC, because he brings cash, but a risky one, and I doubt Zuffa would be open to that.
To me, EVERYTHING in that press conference was strange, to say the least.

I don't believe that Conor will choose now to leave UFC, but it is clear to me that he wants to become part of the bussiness. It was clear to me during that press conference, and is evident now. In particular after knowing that the agreement previous to the fight with Aldo was the the winner will move up to LW vacating the FW belt. At that press conference, Conor felt confident enought to shit on top of an previous agreement.
Also, I don't believe that Zuffa will let one of their own contracts become a partner.
I can foresee cloudy weather ahead.
What will he going to do? Go to Bellator? Start a new promotion, whit the unanimous bad blood that he created with fighters? I doubt it very much.
Conor better smash RDA in 20 seconds or he will be smashed by Zuffa.

dragonsfly started this thread, December 14:

Will we witness Zuffa vs McGregor battle soon? He wants to co-promote himself?
-He wants to Co-promote himself

- His asking for $20-Million and some rumours even said he asked for $100-mio

- Had his own press-conf

- Frank F. didn't seem to be happy about Aldo getting K.O'ed

Is perhaps McGregors megalomaniac ways problem working with in the long run because I could see Conor being able to break away and do sellouts in Wembly stadium and grudge-matches in the UK on PPVs where he himself will get the largest cut around $60-$100-Million per Fight

June 2013 Conor McGregor - "It's business at the end of the day"

Last edited:
It makes sense now that they let him go up. Trying to milk it for what it is worth.

I still don't believe this is true though or they would have made him bacate 145.

Yeah, well Conor said he wants to fight as often as he can. And on average a Champion fights twice a year. So that's potentially 4 fights if everything goes to plan. But then there's injury to consider and all that.

July for 200 should be interesting, fan-wise. Ireland will be playing in the European football Championships in France the month before. A lot of them will be bandwagon fans that travel to Vegas for the sun and getting pissed drunk. Be interesting to see if 200 has the same crowd who turned up for 189.

On December 14, I wrote this on another thread, talking about Conor's post-fight after KOing Aldo:

I don't believe that Conor will choose now to leave UFC, but it is clear to me that he wants to become part of the bussiness. It was clear to me during that press conference, and is evident now. In particular after knowing that the agreement previous to the fight with Aldo was the the winner will move up to LW vacating the FW belt. At that press conference, Conor felt confident enought to shit on top of an previous agreement.
Also, I don't believe that Zuffa will let one of their own contracts become a partner.
I can foresee cloudy weather ahead.
What will he going to do? Go to Bellator? Start a new promotion, whit the unanimous bad blood that he created with fighters? I doubt it very much.
Conor better smash RDA in 20 seconds or he will be smashed by Zuffa.

dragonsfly started this thread, December 14:

Will we witness Zuffa vs McGregor battle soon? He wants to co-promote himself?

189 he did the press conference with no other fighters there.

I sensed he was taking the piss standing on the podium after 194.

Funny how the guy who the Zuffa haters saw as the incarnation of UFC favoritism, hype and bullshit might actually be their biggest Champion in breaking the perceived Zuffa monopoly and opening the door for better fighter pay.

I was just thinking the same thing as I read this, and honestly I'll have no problem eating crow if that is the case.

Conor is locked into a UFC contact. That's basically like being locked up in a state of the art prison. Conor will never escape it. He will live out the best years of his life behind bars or a cage. :)

Fuck Botter, this is the guy who was talking shit about RDA in the lead up to the Cerrone rematch. Saying RDA wouldn't look as good with the new testing, he would come into this fight looking softer, just basically implying he was on PEDs constantly. The guy is a shit "journalist" from one of the worst mma media sites. I won't trust anything from this guy unless there are other legit sources
Well you just used the worst example possible because the majority of people on here clearly think/thought the same about RDA. You do read this forum ya know, go figure.

A rift, you say...

caraway-coleslaw-R130776-ss.jpg

Good Conor finish what aldo tried to do.

Sounds like Conor is a snake in the grass. Partying with Dana one day, having him thrown out of negotiations the next.

it is fairly obvious Zuffa is not used to fighters who take over.
They did a great job to keep everyone in check up until Conor.
But now Conor is making the rules, and Zuffa does not know much how to contain him.
But don't get it wrong. They are thoroughly enjoying his rise to fame.

I personally see this as a huge danger to Zuffa.
Not only other fighters are taking note (some with envy, some trying to emulate), but bottom line is that they are about to lose control over fighters.
I like this because this might be the breakthrough fighters needed, but then again, in every change there are dangers to get worse before it gets better...

I am only happy Zuffa is not the only player though. Now there are 4 premiere organizations around the world, and they all could benefit if UFC explodes.

I am not sure i buy it. 8 figure contracts are tense... There is a lot of fake outrage and posturing. Once they sign, the bromance will resume. At the end of the day, the UFC is making these contracts with Conor because it makes financial sense.I doubt they'd root for him to lose given all the money they invested. I strongly doubt McGregor will get anything close to co-promotion, but he'll get paid a significant share. If he did leave, he could sign-on to fight on boxing cards... If they could guarantee big dollars, he could easily poach some of the bigger names in his weight class.

check uncle dana's twitter 1/16/16--there's no rift as much as you conspiracy theorists want to believe.

Well the same reporter claims McG is getting +10mil USD/a fight.

If his PPV pay increases exponentially with buys its not out of this world to suggest he has made that in a few of his fights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back