Social Things you purposely pronounce “wrong”

I like to pronounce the silent H in “what” to make it extra breathy. Makes people mad every time

That's actually how wh words were originally pronounced (hence why they have an H there). What, why, when, which, whore and whip (Stewie is actually right in that clip).

I feel that mis-cheev-ee-us sounds better than mis-chiv-us.

Dubois is supposed to be pronounced "du-boys" if referring to the city in Pennsylvania or the civil rights leader W.E.B. and I always thought it sounded stupid like that.
Totally agreed on mischievous.

Tomato... I pronounce it ah-ringe.

Growing up in NYC around a lot of Italians who swear they pronounce Italian things the right way, when in actuality they fuck it up. For some reason Brooklyn Italians cut off endings of words that real Italians do not. So I am doing my best to correct a lifetime of lies.
Prosciutto but we say “Prochute”
Calamari but we say Calamar or Galamahd.
Mozzarella we say Mootzarell
Cannoli we say Canol or Ganohl
Pasta :eek::eek::eek:ioli becomes Pasta Fazool
Soppresatta becomes Soppresahd
Manicotti becomes Manigot

Reactions: Gio
I used to always say Hyperbole phonetically (hyper-bowl) just because I thought it was funny. I would even read it that way.

But i said it so much that way, I often said it to people I did not know well, who would then correct me thinking I was unaware of the word or its proper pronunciation. Then I would have to do an awkward joke of 'oh ya, I knew that. I just like to say it funny' and you could see them nodding and thinking 'sure...idiot'.

So I have untrained myself and always say it properly now.

One of my son's nerd friends in middle school made up all his own pronunciations for video game characters because he "liked them better that way." o_O

One that I remember is Sephiroth from FFVII became Spheriorth

Can't think of any right now, but I intentionally speak with terrible grammar sometimes.

"Sorry, I can't English" is one of my favorites.

When I am struggling to get something out, sometimes I use: Sorry 404 brain not found.

Growing up in NYC around a lot of Italians who swear they pronounce Italian things the right way, when in actuality they fuck it up. For some reason Brooklyn Italians cut off endings of words that real Italians do not. So I am doing my best to correct a lifetime of lies.
Prosciutto but we say “Prochute”
Calamari but we say Calamar or Galamahd.
Mozzarella we say Mootzarell
Cannoli we say Canol or Ganohl
Pasta :eek::eek::eek:ioli becomes Pasta Fazool
Soppresatta becomes Soppresahd
Manicotti becomes Manigot

That's how they talk in southern Italy tho in those dialects Napoliti etc....

Its not proper italian but how many people you know speak "proper" english? Ugatz and stugotz and shit are actually southern Italian slang and not American bastardizations.

But I'm also Italian and from Brooklyn and the way alot of those cunts talk annoys the fuck out of me.

Edit: I'm guessing you haven't seen Gomorrah. Awesome fuckin show if you're a show watcher person.

Last edited:
Mazarel instead of mozzerella & Gobagoo instead capicolla...

Grozery instead of grocery

When in Paris, I make sure to call Notre Dame like the football team.

Back