Tom Aspinall submits Andrei Arlovski GIFS

Impressed how fast Aspinall capitalizied on the position, Arlovski was really lazy I expected more from someone so experienced.
He has the highest takedown defense in all of heavyweight and has only once been submitted before last night. That shit was embarrassing. Arlovski just gave it up.

Wow. I'm really on the fence with Aspinall, because I've seen him brain fart twice and lose, but man.........boy's looking sick at the moment. Submitting Arlovski in 2021 is still a massive feat, no hooks either. Very impressive showing. I like the cut of this kid's jib. He defintiely seems to have that little 'something' to mark him out as a top contender.

Just saw this fight, it almost looked like a dive. No hooks in, Arlovski didn't fight the hands at all, very strange

I know it doesn't make any sense from a matchmaking perspective, but fuck I want to see Aspinall vs. Daukaus.

Tom Aspinall is for real.

Andre could have fought the choke harder, but he's posting with his left arm and a ufc gorilla is under his chin cutting off the blood to his brain.

I love all the naga champs weighing in like "in my 8 years of BJJ rolling with soccer dads,"

I remember when we had a Bellator guy come train with us. It was eye opening the levels of grappling and just the levels of athleticism. That guy wasn't even that good.

Andre will keep sparring for dollars as long as Dana let's him.

Im assuming you were taking a shot at me here? I’ve rolled with guys who fought in Pride and the UFC. It’s fairly clear Andrei wanted out. He was most likely scared if he fought the sub Aspinall would drop gnp on him. It is what it is.

I know it doesn't make any sense from a matchmaking perspective, but fuck I want to see Aspinall vs. Daukaus.

Id like to see Aspinall vs Spivak. Spivak will test his ground game. Also Daukus vs Boser would be good for a legit boxing style scrap.

Id like to see Aspinall vs Spivak. Spivak will test his ground game. Also Daukus vs Boser would be good for a legit boxing style scrap.

Boser lost his chance to break into the rankings, while Daukaus just secured a Top 10 slot. Tanner needs somebody just outside the Top 15. If Greg Hardy hasn't rage-quit MMA yet to go do boxing/basketball or whatever, I actually think he makes a lot of sense as an opponent for Boser. They're ranked very close to one another globally on Tapology and both have recently failed to make the cut to get into the rankings.

I also think it has the potential to be an incredibly fan-friendly striking bout while it lasted... or maybe not, as both guys have shown a proclivity to be consummate counter-strikers at times. Either way, I think it makes sense.

Aspinall vs. Spivak isn't bad at all though and Tom seems open to it.

Boser lost his chance to break into the rankings, while Daukaus just secured a Top 10 slot. Tanner needs somebody just outside the Top 15. If Greg Hardy hasn't rage-quit MMA yet to go do boxing/basketball or whatever, I actually think he makes a lot of sense as an opponent for Boser. They're ranked very close to one another globally on Tapology and both have recently failed to make the cut to get into the rankings.

I also think it has the potential to be an incredibly fan-friendly striking bout while it lasted... or maybe not, as both guys have shown a proclivity to be consummate counter-strikers at times. Either way, I think it makes sense.

Aspinall vs. Spivak isn't bad at all though and Tom seems open to it.

Yeah Boser doesn’t deserve the Daukus fight I just wanna see it cause they both have ridiculous hand speed and it would be a banger

Geez Arlovski straight up quit, didn’t even fight the rnc. No hooks in or anything.
Just a thoery here as I don't have any evidence of it. But at one point post fight it kind of looked like Arlovski was limping a bit when he was leaving the cage. Maybe he fucked up his leg getting surprised by the takedown and trying to react last second so knew he wasn't getting up between buddy having his neck, and now his leg potentially feeling fucked.

Lol. You are an exceptionally poor judge of talent.
You seems to be running a promo in this topic.
There were other heavyweight bouts in this event, even casuals could make a quick judgement on what's what.

What do you think would happen if Aspinall and with his limp wrist slap punches was fed to black beast?

Sorry man but Arlovski straight up quit. All he had to do was reach up and pull the hand off the top of his head and he was out. Simple escape but he wanted to go home.

Imagine calling Arlovski scared. That choke would've squeezed your fuckin head off you idiot. I'd actually pay good money to see you try and last a round with Aspinall.

Don't know what Arlovski is doing that cage, better retire instead of losing like this. Arlovski was a great fighter, but can't fight forever.
I know what he is doing.

He is cashing paychecks.

You seems to be running a promo in this topic.
There were other heavyweight bouts in this event, even casuals could make a quick judgement on what's what.

What do you think would happen if Aspinall and with his limp wrist slap punches was fed to black beast?
I think even this version of Aspinall could possibly beat Lewis. He certainly wouldn't dive into an uppercut like Blaydes did.

And Aspinall is not required to beat top 5 opponents yet. He is a prospect, and the way he handled a dangerous veteran like Arlovski was extremely impressive.

Ciryl Gane and Tom Aspinall are the top two prospects in the division IMO.

Not trying to hate on Andrei but he really gave up his back easy there

Imagine calling Arlovski scared. That choke would've squeezed your fuckin head off you idiot. I'd actually pay good money to see you try and last a round with Aspinall.

What does that have to do with Arlovski being scared? He tapped immediately to an rnc with no hooks in. It is what it is.

I think even this version of Aspinall could possibly beat Lewis. He certainly wouldn't dive into an uppercut like Blaydes did.

And Aspinall is not required to beat top 5 opponents yet. He is a prospect, and the way he handled a dangerous veteran like Arlovski was extremely impressive.

Ciryl Gane and Tom Aspinall are the top two prospects in the division IMO.
I mean, he won and deserves respect for the win, but there are obviously levels to this game and this performance was a couple away from the top.

Back