Tom Deblass being humble - DO NOT LET THIS S--- GO

Well, that's true. On the subject of the value of his instructional material, he may also have absorbed and learned things from Ryan, Tonnon, etc. And perhaps he shares some of that. But the fact that they are continuing to train with him does recommend him on some level.

Tom Deblass is a stud whether you like his personality or not. He has top notch Jiu-Jitsu. His instructional are really good as well.

Tom Deblass is a stud whether you like his personality or not. He has top notch Jiu-Jitsu. His instructional are really good as well.

That dude does not have top notch jiujitsu. Lol

That dude does not have top notch jiujitsu. Lol

Uh sure... let's see all your grappling accolades and all the top notch guys who still come to train with you. Let's also see all your instructional that people pay alot of money for... I'll wait.

Uh sure... let's see all your grappling accolades and all the top notch guys who still come to train with you. Let's also see all your instructional that people pay alot of money for... I'll wait.

Watch one of my matches compared to Tom Deblass. And I did it all WITHOUT launching a smear campaign against my opponents. Dude is slow and boring and he's most dangerous due to political pressure and threats of violence than due to his actual grappling.

Watch one of my matches compared to Tom Deblass. And I did it all WITHOUT launching a smear campaign against my opponents. Dude is slow and boring and he's most dangerous due to political pressure and threats of violence than due to his actual grappling.

Sure man, I'm sure you could show him a thing or two.

A single online post does not define someone. But that conversation thread does shine a light on what kind of person Tom is. For example, you could never find a screenshot like that of any online conversation I've had since the age of 14. Because I don't talk like that. To anyone. Because I have respect for other people and I'm not a fucking caveman.

And guess what... I judge the people with shitty youtube comments in the same way.

I think it's dangerous to think that online communication is somehow separate from real life. As if because it's on social media, nothing matters and these aren't real people. It's all real.

Why did I respond to your opinion? Because I disagreed and this is a forum for discussion, so... y'know... I thought I'd try discuss it with you.

I didn't realise that you took disagreement as a form of attack.

Good to know.

I usually summarise it with "Don't say something about someone behind their back [or anon on the interwebz] that you wouldn't say to their face"

I got his half-butterfly instructional. I don't think you can go wrong there--its a bread and butter position for every leglocker from time immemorial and I think there is always something to gain from watching someone else break down a position you like. You can't help but be enriched by it in some way. I'm positive I'll get something out of it.

No worries, I probably came off rude, but didn’t mean it. Like you said, I’m here posting and love bjj. I just hate assholes no matter what they do.
Well, I get where you are coming from. And you do have a point--the ability to defeat others in a tightly controlled environment doesn't entitle someone to act like a bully. I mean, not that anything does. I was just being overly defensive.

Sure man, I'm sure you could show him a thing or two.
I don't see why not. This whole "pre-losing" to a marketing campaign trend is lame. Why would I be humbled by his ego?

Tom isn't even good. American BJJ players are the worse. They always choose some lame white guy to be their "shining knight" than turn on him when he curses at a girl

Tom isn't even good. American BJJ players are the worse. They always choose some lame white guy to be their "shining knight" than turn on him when he curses at a girl
u must really hate gordan ryan the king of submission grappling huh lol

I usually summarise it with "Don't say something about someone behind their back [or anon on the interwebz] that you wouldn't say to their face"

exactly nobody here would have the left nutsack to dis tom to his face out of fear of being hurt

u must really hate gordan ryan the king of submission grappling huh lol
Oh, god , so cringe. I love watching him grapple, but off that mats ... Yeesh. I'm generally embarrassed to tell ppl i do bjj. Every1 is just so dorky. It's why I go to only Brazilian filled gyms.

Oh, god , so cringe. I love watching him grapple, but off that mats ... Yeesh. I'm generally embarrassed to tell ppl i do bjj. Every1 is just so dorky. It's why I go to only Brazilian filled gyms.
i do agree that since 2011 era bjj really changed into a lame hipster sport wasnt just regular guys anymore once oss became a thing i had to walk away

exactly nobody here would have the left nutsack to dis tom to his face out of fear of being hurt

Disrespect yeah I doubt it. Try to tell him he's wrong in a somewhat respectful manner, I'd have no problem doing that.

Back