Opinion Transgender Megathread V1.

Are trans-women women?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Authorities are investigating a possible hate crime after alleged members of the far-right group Proud Boys shouted anti-LGBTQ slurs during a “Drag Queen Story Hour” for young kids at a San Francisco library over the weekend.

Deputies were called to the San Lorenzo Library on Saturday afternoon after five men allegedly stormed the reading for preschool-age children during Pride Month, the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office said.”
proud-boys-00.jpg

(any war roomers have this shirt?)

“The men were described as extremely aggressive with a threatening violent demeanor causing people to fear for their safety.”

Story-Hour-Disruption-Hate-Crime-Investigation.jpg

From the NYPOST

Also, merge this with the mega thread if you want.
I don't agree with "storming" a library so I'll refrain from defending every action at this point because I simply don't know all that they did. But someone needs to put a stop to these people attempting to groom children into their perverse ideology. They need help, not more attention and access to our children

Last edited:
Authorities are investigating a possible hate crime after alleged members of the far-right group Proud Boys shouted anti-LGBTQ slurs during a “Drag Queen Story Hour” for young kids at a San Francisco library over the weekend.

Deputies were called to the San Lorenzo Library on Saturday afternoon after five men allegedly stormed the reading for preschool-age children during Pride Month, the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office said.”
proud-boys-00.jpg

(any war roomers have this shirt?)

“The men were described as extremely aggressive with a threatening violent demeanor causing people to fear for their safety.”

Story-Hour-Disruption-Hate-Crime-Investigation.jpg

From the NYPOST

Also, merge this with the mega thread if you want.

I have not seen the shirt but have seen it on a bumper sticker recently. The phrase became more popular during and after the Kyle Rittenhouse trial in regards to the criminal record of Joseph Rosenbaum for reference. Proud Boys proving even a broken clock is still right once a day. These people have about as much right to be in my kids school as a bible study. Keep your pseudo banner of tolerance away from my children.

Not a huge fan of drag queen story hours in schools, but totally disagree with this type of thuggery. The Proud Boys are stepping into what they've been accused of quite comfortably now. Hoping they weren't armed, because a group of guys busting into a schools with guns is a really, really bad thing to set as a precedent right now - unless they're busting in to deal with a shooter.
It was at a library and not a school and im completely fine with intimidating these predators. You dont need guns they are all a bunch of pussies. Come read sexual stories to 5 years old in my town and im getting in your fucking face idgaf if youre wearing a wig and think your dress is a force field.

Serious question — why are libraries having drag queen story hour? Who benefits here?

While I ultimately disagree with the assessment - I look at it as having a stripper story hour, and don't want kids exposed to that - the reasoning is simple and has precedent. A lot of schools host various cultural events and shows with the intent of broadening the cultural horizons of their students. Growing up, I had local musicians, theatre groups, sport figures, etc, come in and we'd watch them do their thing and have them talk about the importance of what they're doing. Some people think this is an important cultural movement that it's good for kids to be exposed to.

Personally, I think it's like (again) having a stripper story hour - tough to separate from the sexual nature of the general practice, so I don't want little kids to see it. Overall though, I understand and accept the reasoning for why - I just disagree with the application of it to this. Kids can do that when they're older, but they're hitting them *really* young with this stuff.

While I ultimately disagree with the assessment - I look at it as having a stripper story hour, and don't want kids exposed to that - the reasoning is simple and has precedent. A lot of schools host various cultural events and shows with the intent of broadening the cultural horizons of their students. Growing up, I had local musicians, theatre groups, sport figures, etc, come in and we'd watch them do their thing and have them talk about the importance of what they're doing. Some people think this is an important cultural movement that it's good for kids to be exposed to.

Personally, I think it's like (again) having a stripper story hour - tough to separate from the sexual nature of the general practice, so I don't want little kids to see it. Overall though, I understand and accept the reasoning for why - I just disagree with the application of it to this. Kids can do that when they're older, but they're hitting them *really* young with this stuff.
Well said, I suppose the question is is there a line to this? At what point will “MAPs” get their story time hour to teach cultural inclusion?

Well said, I suppose the question is is there a line to this? At what point will “MAPs” get their story time hour to teach cultural inclusion?

Yep, that's a big part of the problem. Even if I could be convinced to say "Ok, maybe the far end of the non-sexualized drag queen spectrum could do something like this" we've already seen it go beyond the realm of what's even close to acceptable for minors - to the degree that I had a mod ask me not to post pictures of kids at an event, where I was getting the pictures from a Daily Mail news article. This stuff is crossing so many lines Sherdog doesn't want the pictures appearing in their threads because they know how bad it looks for this shit to happen.

What's more, the slope isn't just slippery, it's intentionally coated in teflon. Things like the drag movement are the product of deconstructionist philosophies, and those philosophies don't stop and say "You know, I think we've deconstructed enough." They'll keep pushing - and they admit to this publicly these days. The mask is off - we've been gaslit about "oh, you're off base with the slippery slope concerns - we just want recognition" by people who were greasing up to rocket down as far as they could go. At some point we have to ask, "where is the line?"

They're starting to poke the bear in a new way though. They're no longer arguing "just let us do our thing" but "your kids have to watch us do the thing, and be taught it's good." Relative moderates like me are now starting to realize that if the breaks aren't pumped on this, it's going to get far worse. Getting between a parent and their kids is one of the best ways to generate large scale cultural resistance - and they're picking that fight.

Last edited:
It was at a library and not a school and im completely fine with intimidating these predators. You dont need guns they are all a bunch of pussies. Come read sexual stories to 5 years old in my town and im getting in your fucking face idgaf if youre wearing a wig and think your dress is a force field.
proxy-image

I’m glad there is a transphobe mega thread now where all the bigots can come together and hold each others dicks and cry about gays en drags ruining western society and grooming children
{<jimmies}

I’m glad there is a transphobe mega thread now where all the bigots can come together and hold each others dicks and cry about gays en drags ruining western society and grooming children
{<jimmies}

They brought it on themselves….no one ever even gave that shit a second thought before dancing half naked and endangering the welfare of minors..
<Dany07>

Most normal people don’t give a shit how someone else lives, just drop the agenda..

They brought it on themselves….no one ever even gave that shit a second thought before dancing half naked and endangering the welfare of minors..
<Dany07>

Most normal people don’t give a shit how someone else lives, just drop the agenda..
Is this serious?
<{outtahere}>

Come on now son, you know damn well a lot of people in the US (and almost everywhere) care about “how others lead there lives”. Don’t be silly.
My my, what people are willing to say to fight of this cognitive dissonance.

Come on now son, you know damn well a lot of people in the US (and almost everywhere) care about “how others lead there lives”. Don’t be silly.
My my, what people are willing to say to fight of this cognitive dissonance.

I don’t know that that’s true…I can only speak for my neck of the woods , NYC…we all walk/walked side by side, no judgments, live and let live.
Yea I’m sure there are plenty of assholes that like to judge others, but in general I wasn’t taught that and don’t see it within my circle..

I don’t know that that’s true…I can only speak for my neck of the woods , NYC…we all walk/walked side by side, no judgments, live and let live.
Yea I’m sure there are plenty of assholes that like to judge others, but in general I wasn’t taught that and don’t see it within my circle..
Well that’s anecdotal. But what you’re basically saying is that before drags were doing readings in libraries nobody cared about drags and the lhgbtq+ community? Everyone would let them just live their lives. But now, they brought it up to themself? You stand by that comment? And it’s not just you trying to victim blame. Cause you coming from NY would make me think you should know better.

Well that’s anecdotal. But what you’re basically saying is that before drags were doing readings in libraries nobody cared about drags and the lhgbtq+ community? Everyone would let them just live their lives. But now, they brought it up to themself? You stand by that comment? And it’s not just you trying to victim blame. Cause you coming from NY would make me think you should know better.

I’m saying that the entire movement has garnered themselves unwanted negative attention….do you really think bringing sexual content to young children would be received in a positive light?
It’s all nonsense…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back