Television TV Show Thread

First Look at Nick Tarabay as Eclipso in STARGIRL Season 2

stargirl-eclipso-first-look.jpg

HBO Developing Three New GAME OF THRONES Spinoff Shows: Nymeria, Flea Bottom and the Sea Snake

Dm879aQ.jpg

HBO is developing three more Game of Thrones prequel projects. The network has a trio of additional ideas in the works based on author George R.R. Martin's fantasy world, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

One of the projects, working title 9 Voyages, is from Rome creator Bruno Heller and follows Lord Corlys Velaryon, a.k.a. The Sea Snake, the Lord of the Tides and head of House Velaryon. The character also appears in the upcoming greenlit GoT prequel House of the Dragon, where he's played by actor Steve Toussaint. So this effort represents a potential spinoff of a character from a series that hasn't yet been shot (let alone aired).

A second project, working title 10,000 Ships, revolves around the warrior queen Princess Nymeria, a revered ancestor of House Martell who founded of the kingdom of Dorne (she became so legendary in the realm that two characters bore her name in the original series – Sand Snake Nymeria Sand and Arya's direwolf). Her story is set roughly 1,000 years before the events in Game of Thrones, making it much older on the Westeros timeline than any of the other previously announced projects in the works (HBO shot a prequel pilot in 2019 set even further back during the Age of Heroes, but it never made it to series). Also, Game of Thrones added a storyline involving Dorne midway through the series that fans felt struggled to feel like an organic part of the show. If greenlit, the Nymeria project could give an entirely new and redemptive take on Sunspear.

The third project is set in the notorious King's Landing slum of Flea Bottom – the maze of tight streets in the capitol city where characters like Davos Seaworth and Gendry Baratheon were born.

The projects are in addition to the upcoming greenlit series House of the Dragon, which begins filming in the UK in April and stars Olivia Cooke, Emma D'Arcy, Paddy Considine and Matt Smith. Dragon follows the story of House Targaryen 300 years before the events in GoT and builds to an epic civil war that tore Westeros apart. The series is from co-showrunners Miguel Sapochnik and Ryan Condal is expected to premiere in 2022.

Another HBO project previously reported in development is based on Martin's popular Dunk and Egg novellas, which followed the adventures of the hedge knight Ser Duncan the Tall and his squire Egg, who would later become King Aegon V Targaryen. In addition, there's an animated Thrones project being considered about a topic that's not yet been revealed. The surge of projects are part of HBO's post-GoT surge to try and replace the show's incredible popularity, particularly now that it's fully immersed in the streaming wars with HBO Max.

"The way we try to approach it is not by [saying], 'We need five shows within three years,' but 'What are the stories worth telling?'" HBO's chief content officer Casey Bloys told THR in January. "We've been developing multiple takes on different worlds. The one I want to do is the one that I think is best creatively. I prefer to make it about the stories and the showrunners and their vision as opposed to hitting some arbitrary target for the right number of shows."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...es-spinoffs-nymeria-flea-bottom-the-sea-snake

Tried out SUPERMAN & LOIS first episode. I was getting ready to hate it but it was not bad. The show kinda turned down my expectation meter significantly by setting it when Lois and Clark have teenage children (meaning, if this was an origin story or set at the start of Superman's crimefighting career, my scrutiny of the show would have been very high). As pilot episodes go, it did its job well as I was hooked to see what's going to happen.

I like Supes' new suit compared to his Supergirl appearances. I like that they padded it and made the shoulder wider. Also love his throwback costume with the black and red chest emblem. I always thought that the Lois actress looked too mature for Tyler Hoechlin's Clark but this works in her favor in light of being parents to teenage boys. They also sort of explained why Tyler looks younger than Lois (implying that Supes age slower than normal). I'm already hating the emo son. Will continue to watch the series. The first seasons of CW-Berlanti shows are usually okay, then turns into trash in the succeeding seasons.
SandL-Premiere-Banner.png

I just finished the first ep and was pleasantly surprised.
Superman ACTUALLY uses his powers from the get go???? CW, you have grown.
Also not a fan of the emo kid, but he got a bit better as the episode went on, and the chemistry between him and his brother feels real. The show has a good cast, and a lot of room to do a lot of interesting things on the big, superhero level, as well as the family, teenage puberty drama stuff.

I just finished the first ep and was pleasantly surprised.
Superman ACTUALLY uses his powers from the get go???? CW, you have grown.
Also not a fan of the emo kid, but he got a bit better as the episode went on, and the chemistry between him and his brother feels real. The show has a good cast, and a lot of room to do a lot of interesting things on the big, superhero level, as well as the family, teenage puberty drama stuff.
Two things to consider: This is a CW show and this series deals with family problems.

Conclusion: It won't be long before we are going to be hatewatching it.

Hawkeye Spinoff Series ECHO Starring Alaqua Cox in the Works at Marvel Studios, Disney Plus

TYcjexH.jpg

The Hawkeye series at Disney Plus may already be getting a spinoff. A show centered on Echo, a deaf Native American character who will be played by Alaqua Cox in the Hawkeye series, is in the early stages of development for Disney Plus, Variety has learned exclusively from sources.

Etan Cohen and Emily Cohen are attached to write and executive produce the show, with a writers’ room recently being assembled. Marvel Studios will produce.

Echo, whose real name is Maya Lopez, has the ability to perfectly copy another person’s movements or fighting style, making her a formidable opponent in battle. In the Marvel comics, Echo crosses paths with characters like Daredevil, Moon Knight and the Avengers. She was also the first person to hold the title of Ronin before passing it onto Clint Barton, a.k.a. Hawkeye, in the comics. At the beginning of Avengers: Endgame, Barton (Jeremy Renner) briefly used the name Ronin and went rogue from the Avengers after losing his family in Thanos’ snap.

Variety exclusively reported in December that newcomer Cox and several other cast members were joining the Hawkeye series. The show will be Cox’s on-screen debut. Whether or not the show goes to series remains to be seen, but it would come as little surprise if Marvel began building outs its expanding television universe even more with characters from its current crop of shows at Disney Plus.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/hawkeye-disney-plus-echo-spinoff-1234934667/

Hawkeye Spinoff Series ECHO Starring Alaqua Cox in the Works at Marvel Studios, Disney Plus

TYcjexH.jpg

The Hawkeye series at Disney Plus may already be getting a spinoff. A show centered on Echo, a deaf Native American character who will be played by Alaqua Cox in the Hawkeye series, is in the early stages of development for Disney Plus, Variety has learned exclusively from sources.

Etan Cohen and Emily Cohen are attached to write and executive produce the show, with a writers’ room recently being assembled. Marvel Studios will produce.

Echo, whose real name is Maya Lopez, has the ability to perfectly copy another person’s movements or fighting style, making her a formidable opponent in battle. In the Marvel comics, Echo crosses paths with characters like Daredevil, Moon Knight and the Avengers. She was also the first person to hold the title of Ronin before passing it onto Clint Barton, a.k.a. Hawkeye, in the comics. At the beginning of Avengers: Endgame, Barton (Jeremy Renner) briefly used the name Ronin and went rogue from the Avengers after losing his family in Thanos’ snap.

Variety exclusively reported in December that newcomer Cox and several other cast members were joining the Hawkeye series. The show will be Cox’s on-screen debut. Whether or not the show goes to series remains to be seen, but it would come as little surprise if Marvel began building outs its expanding television universe even more with characters from its current crop of shows at Disney Plus.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/hawkeye-disney-plus-echo-spinoff-1234934667/
I dont see this going to series, also they never actually name dropped Ronin even though comic book readers where able to understand the reference

just watched first episode of falcon and winter soldier, it was alright

You've been talking about this for a while so I'll give it a shout. I started Chernobyl this afternoon and want to look into more West Memphis 3 stuff at work next week but you reckon I'll like it?
i think so. i dunno about chernobyl, its like brits pretending to be russian? i didnt like the hunt for red october and thought it was boring lol

i think so. i dunno about chernobyl, its like brits pretending to be russian? i didnt like the hunt for red october and thought it was boring lol
Fucking lol. A friend of mine who's a real twat and normally only watches documentaries and stuff was raving about Chernobyl. I was itching to text him about this.
I like it so far as a downtime at work thing.

Back