UFC 199 - Los Angeles - Rockhold vs Bisping - 6/4/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
o1.5 for the Rockhold/Bisping fight at -105 is prettttttttttty tempting
I would go under if anything, Rockhold finished him under 1.5 rounds the first time they fought and Bisping came in with a full camp. Also, I've seen somewhere that Bisping said that he is going to go straight at Rockhold as he doesn't trust his gastank to last 5 round with short notice.

I would go under if anything, Rockhold finished him under 1.5 rounds the first time they fought and Bisping came in with a full camp. Also, I've seen somewhere that Bisping said that he is going to go straight at Rockhold as he doesn't trust his gastank to last 5 round with short notice.

man can you find a source for that gastank info? interested to know myself.

Think it was on the MMA Hour, I can back up what vkram is saying, remember it myself. Completely killed any degenerate feeling I had to stab Bisping

Think it was on the MMA Hour, I can back up what vkram is saying, remember it myself. Completely killed any degenerate feeling I had to stab Bisping

and this is why i love this thread. thanks guys, ill stay off of that play

<3 you two

Can confirm that too. Highly recommend the Bisping interview on that MMA hour episode, it was awesome.

silva vs wilson

da silva sporting a 10-0 record all 10 kos (all low tier calibar sporting many 0-1 records) purple belt bjj, black belt MT, prefers his kick boxing and claims to have one punch ko power, he beat ufcs recently axed alcantara here:

Not sure about that fight, no round breaks? and after 12 minutes alcantara gassed, collapsed and gave up after winning most of the fight lol

Da silva did show some nice kickboxing and leg kicks, but poor defence and taken down without much trouble with an basic ground game, not the best.

Wilson a well rounded mma fighter, new to the scene been pro for under 3 years with a 7-0 record, 6 kos, he started sparring with lorenz larkin and got beat up and then hooked on the sport, he trains regular with larkin and credits most of his success with him suggesting he is learning from his mistakes and says larkin hits hard.

Here he is knocking out dempsey

Looks to have strong leg kicks (he says he sets it up to give wrestlers problems) and heavy hands.

Not going to say much but Id expect Wilson to be the favourite, like him via ko.

and this is why i love this thread. thanks guys, ill stay off of that play

<3 you two

Bisping talks about it here

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...e-conditioning-but-i-ll-have-the-heart-052016

"I'm not going out there to fight five rounds. If I try that, I lose. I'm not going to have the conditioning. Believe you me, I've stopped guys in the first round plenty of times before, albeit earlier in my career. I'm going to go back to that animalistic fighting style, which I have inside me. I'm going to go out on my sword and I tell you what, I'm going to give it everything I've got. Luke Rockhold better be ready."

Here is my analysis for the main and co-main.

Firstly we will start with the main event. Rockhold dismantled Bisping last fight. He never seemed to be getting hit and kept a steady pace throughout the first. Bisping was willing to keep moving but his offense was minimal. The kicks from Rockhold started to take effect in the second round with the body kicks doing work and the question mark kick keeping Bisping weary. Rockhold had the fight in his control and finally once the big headkick landed, Rockhold jumped in on a stunned and finished a nice one armed guillotine. Rockhold imo is physically stronger than Bisping aswell as being way better on the ground and if it ever hits the ground, he is gonna run through him like butter. In the second fight, I dont see Rockhold being as cautious as he was in the first round of his last fight and he will put on the pressure early with his kicks and have Bisping out of there in under 1.5. Bisping has heart though so Im not going to put anything on the under. God smiting Rockhold taking away his good looks aswell as his skill is the only way Bisping is winning this fight. That and maybe a fluke KO.
Rockhold ML isn't worth it but Rockhold ITD with Cruz decision could give some nice returns. Rockhold ITD + (any other bet you're confident in) is also great.

Secondly, for the co main event. Cruz won his last bout with Faber decisively with his amazing movement and control of distance. Faber hasn't really shown improvement in his game since this fight and he is ageing however, TJ showed in his last fight with Cruz that strong leg kicks could hurt Cruz and the result may have been different if he incorporated this in the earlier round. Cruz's glass knees are a weakness in his game right now and I expect Faber to go for them but he wont have much success with it as he is too flat footed and Cruz will take notice and adjust his gameplan accordingly. Faber has a chance later on in the fight if the leg kicks take effect but I think he wold need a finish to win. Faber r4,r5 props may be good hedges for your bets with Cruz. Cruz is probably the fighter with the highest IQ in the game. He will pull it off in a decision. Cruz ML is also not worth it. But the Overs, Cruz Dec, Faber r4,r5 are definitely getting bet.

TL DR
Best bets:
Rockhold ITD + (any other bet(s) you're confident in)
Rockhold ITD with Cruz decision
Cruz/Faber Over 3.5/4.5, Cruz Dec, Faber r4/r5.

I already have £1500 tied up in rockhokd and cruz. Super confident in both. Faber has definitely lost a step and cruz should look even better now he has five rounds fresh in his muscle memory.
As a 2 team mate or singles?

Looking at elvis and casey, looks like an striker for wrestler match up. Elvis may not have looked the best in his debut loss to barroso but he took that fight on late notice, otherwise he has beaten ufc vets sam alvey, zak cummings, cezair, he likes to load up on power strikes and suggest he has good take down defence, although barroso took him down well and laid on him for entire r1, he showed better ttd in r2, r3 though.

Some vids here:

Casey likes to work his grappling and take downs to get his submission game going, but also uses powerful punches and leg kicks to set those up. I think elvis will look better this fight he has a training camp and is prepared this time but he is still an lively underdog coming in, maybe casey will look better in r1 and if he gasses again elvis could take over I don't think caseys take downs or grappling is that great and worse in r2, r3 so I may live bet elvis after casey has a strong r1.

Can confirm that too. Highly recommend the Bisping interview on that MMA hour episode, it was awesome.

Shit. I never thought I would say this but I think I am a Bisping fan!!! This is an inspiring interview...I have never switched my opinion so much on a fighter from thinking he is such a douche to really liking him and wanting him to win. Rockhold just seems so arrogant .... all aboard the Bisping train....lets go Bisping r1 KO

Looking at elvis and casey, looks like an striker for wrestler match up. Elvis may not have looked the best in his debut loss to barroso but he took that fight on late notice, otherwise he has beaten ufc vets sam alvey, zak cummings, cezair, he likes to load up on power strikes and suggest he has good take down defence, although barroso took him down well and laid on him for entire r1, he showed better ttd in r2, r3 though.

Some vids here:

Casey likes to work his grappling and take downs to get his submission game going, but also uses powerful punches and leg kicks to set those up. I think elvis will look better this fight he has a training camp and is prepared this time but he is still an lively underdog coming in, maybe casey will look better in r1 and if he gasses again elvis could take over I don't think caseys take downs or grappling is that great and worse in r2, r3 so I may live bet elvis after casey has a strong r1.

Mutapcic also fought at LHW in his debut and this fight is at MW (Mutapcic's natural division).

I don't believe for one minute that Bisping is seriously considering going in there with the intention of trying to KO Luke early due to having cardio worries about himself, despite what he's saying very publicly. Mike's a very cautious fighter & this is his first rematch against someone he's lost too and has real in-fight intel on.

I'll be betting the o1.5

Not sure why ewerybody is betting luke itd

Fight doesn't go the distance pays better and covers a fluke ko, dq or injury

Hey everyone,

This my introductory post. Been on Sherdog since '09 and been lurking this forum for about a year in a half now since I started betting recreationally. Been using mostly Bovada since I had friends in California use it for other sports betting who verified it as legit. Dabbled in Draftkings for awhile too but not so much lately. I know a lot of you guys by name since I've been lurking for so long. Ez, Card, mma good fella, Joseph Budden, Ukram, Jae Gibz, ken, efalk, and piglord just to name a few (glad you've been killin it lately piglord, considering your situation!). Really want to thank you guys among many more I can't remember to name for all the valuable knowledge I've been able to benefit from. You guys have saved me more than a handful of times and I've found great success tailing a lot of your bets. I always follow the pbp when I watch each card and have rode many highs and lows with you guys.

The reason I'm posting is because I really want to start doing this more seriously and I've managed to save up a decent chunk of cash ($1k USD) to invest in a starting bankroll. I've had success and have made a few hundred long term, but it'd be nice to make enough to fund a vacation every couple months ;). I also felt guilty for relying on this place as a knowledgeable source for information for so long so I also wanted to thank you guys and begin contributing back to the community. I just signed up for 5Dimes last night so I can begin taking advantage of all the early prop bets. Seems to be the bookie most of you use that has the best odds and variety of props and Bovada's pretty bad about props and only releases prop lines once the card starts so it's hard to profit off those. Anyways I'm glad to just finally not be a stranger anymore and look forward to killin' it with you all!

TL/DR - Been following the forum a long time, posting now to thank you all, join the community, and begin placing larger bets that could actually affect my quality of life now that I've saved up a decent $1k bankroll.

Unrelated but it's also my birthday today!

Hey everyone,

This my introductory post. Been on Sherdog since '09 and been lurking this forum for about a year in a half now since I started betting recreationally. Been using mostly Bovada since I had friends in California use it for other sports betting who verified it as legit. Dabbled in Draftkings for awhile too but not so much lately. I know a lot of you guys by name since I've been lurking for so long. Ez, Card, mma good fella, Joseph Budden, Ukram, Jae Gibz, ken, efalk, and piglord just to name a few (glad you've been killin it lately piglord, considering your situation!). Really want to thank you guys among many more I can't remember to name for all the valuable knowledge I've been able to benefit from. You guys have saved me more than a handful of times and I've found great success tailing a lot of your bets. I always follow the pbp when I watch each card and have rode many highs and lows with you guys.

The reason I'm posting is because I really want to start doing this more seriously and I've managed to save up a decent chunk of cash ($1k USD) to invest in a starting bankroll. I've had success and have made a few hundred long term, but it'd be nice to make enough to fund a vacation every couple months ;). I also felt guilty for relying on this place as a knowledgeable source for information for so long so I also wanted to thank you guys and begin contributing back to the community. I just signed up for 5Dimes last night so I can begin taking advantage of all the early prop bets. Seems to be the bookie most of you use that has the best odds and variety of props and Bovada's pretty bad about props and only releases prop lines once the card starts so it's hard to profit off those. Anyways I'm glad to just finally not be a stranger anymore and look forward to killin' it with you all!

TL/DR - Been following the forum a long time, posting now to thank you all, join the community, and begin placing larger bets that could actually affect my quality of life now that I've saved up a decent $1k bankroll.

Unrelated but it's also my birthday today!
Welcome. Don't deviate from your normal bet amounts. You will regret it once that inevitable cold streak hits. Slowly but surely is always the best bet. I think most bet 1% of BR as a unit, you should prob do that until you can double up to 2K then re-evaluate if you want

What do you guys think about the over on Penne Andrade? Was initially thinking about including it in a parlay I'm building with Rockhold ITD and Lombard R1 KO as Penne isn't a known finisher but after some digging I'm not so sure. Penne's got a black belt in BJJ and Andrade has submission losses to Reneau and Pennington as a blue belt. Remember she lost to Pennington by bulldog choke but can't remember the lead up to that. Have to watch more tape but becoming tempted to stab Penne by sub the more I'm thinking about it...

EDIT: Forgot to mention biggest factor for this fight will be it being Andrade's straw weight debut. Will probably avoid altogether until weigh ins.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome. Going to definitely keep a conservative strategy until I can at least triple triple my initial bankroll.
Welcome. Don't deviate from your normal bet amounts. You will regret it once that inevitable cold streak hits. Slowly but surely is always the best bet. I think most bet 1% of BR as a unit, you should prob do that until you can double up to 2K then re-evaluate if you want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back