UFC 208 - Holm vs De Randamie - Brooklyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belal is gonna be at a major reach disadvantage

who gives a fuck lol? randy doesnt have the muay thai to benefit from it and belal has hell of a chin. gonna be bad night for randy

I think Belal is gonna be looking to put Brown on his back the way Montano did in the second round of their fight, and I expect he'll be able to. Belal was brutally KOed only 3 months ago so that's a concern, plus the short notice (which probably isn't a big deal since he has great cardio). That said, I'm probably going to be betting Belal as a dog here and I'll also be looking at his decision line.

who gives a fuck lol? randy doesnt have the muay thai to benefit from it and belal has hell of a chin. gonna be bad night for randy. brown just isnt that good... i wonder how long time it takes for casuals to understand it. He is just a small hype product of dana white.
Does belal really have a great chin though, he had like 4 knockdowns against jabouin and vicente knocked him out cold

Is Tybura on this card or what? Did they find a replacement?

A little MMA math for you. 2 fights ago Belal Muhammad and Randy Brown each fought a Montano brother on the same card. Belal was easily winning his fight and finished the big brother in the 3rd round, while Brown lost the 2nd round and may have been on his way to losing the fight when he locked in a much needed guillotine early in the 3rd round to get the victory. Big brother > little brother = Belal > Brown. Clearly it's a no-brainer @ plus money!

Whats with the odds on Nover-Glenn? Nover didnt look out of place against Barao, while Glenn got 30-25'd (a few medias scored it that way) by Evan Dunham. Short notice, but still.

Nover is faster, and is a BJJ blackbelt, while Glenn has virtually no TDD. Does Nover not have any ability to get takedowns? Glenn also looks super sloppy on the feet, and took some good shots from Dunham.

Last edited:
I expected the Glover line to be higher too, but I also thought because it was going to be more expensive that I didn't want to play it because I think Cannon is a pretty skilled fighter. I would not count him out here.

Regardless of claims that he's not fought the level of Glover's opposition, it's clear to my eyes that he's got what it takes to hang. I like his footwork when he switches stances, he's got power, he's athletic/fast, and he ain't a bitch from what I've gotten from the fight with Cutelaba when he marched him down in that last frame and gave let Ion tee off on him like the terminator.

As much as I like Glover's current price this is an upset special waiting to happen if he doesn't put Cannon on his back. And Cannon looks very patient on the ground I don't think he's a fish out of water there.

I believe it's going to be a competitive match and I wouldn't be surprised if it even hits the cards. Great price but this I'd be very nervous about this.

5 days til the fight, safe to assume hes off the card

That's fuckin lame he was going to be one of my fav plays at what I'm pretty sure was going to be close to even odds. Shame.

Whats with the odds on Nover-Glenn? Nover didnt look out of place against Barao, while Glenn got 30-25'd (a few medias scored it that way) by Evan Dunham.

Nover is faster, and is a BJJ blackbelt, while Glenn has virtually no TDD. Glenn also looks super sloppy on the feet, and took some good shots from Dunham.

no clue. this fight has split decision written all over it to me. dog or pass, and i'll be taking the dog at some point.

no clue. this fight has split decision written all over it to me. dog or pass, and i'll be taking the dog at some point.

You don't like the over? It's only -200 and I'm with you on thinking it's likely a close decision.

I expected the Glover line to be higher too, but I also thought because it was going to be more expensive that I didn't want to play it because I think Cannon is a pretty skilled fighter. I would not count him out here.

Regardless of claims that he's not fought the level of Glover's opposition, it's clear to my eyes that he's got what it takes to hang. I like his footwork when he switches stances, he's got power, he's athletic/fast, and he ain't a bitch from what I've gotten from the fight with Cutelaba when he marched him down in that last frame and gave let Ion tee off on him like the terminator.

As much as I like Glover's current price this is an upset special waiting to happen if he doesn't put Cannon on his back. And Cannon looks very patient on the ground I don't think he's a fish out of water there.

I believe it's going to be a competitive match and I wouldn't be surprised if it even hits the cards. Great price but this I'd be very nervous about this.

That's fuckin lame he was going to be one of my fav plays at what I'm pretty sure was going to be close to even odds. Shame.

Agreed, I was hoping to get Cannonier in the +200 range or better but I think this fight is going to be a lot more competitive than some others seem to. Cutelaba was able to take Cannon down 6 times but Cannon was able to scramble back to his feet reasonably quickly, although that was partly due to Ion looking to tee off rather than keep him there. If/when Glover gets him down it could be a different story. I'll admit that Glover is tempting at this price due to his experience and advantage on the ground, but I'm going to hold off for now and see what where the line goes.

Agreed, I was hoping to get Cannonier in the +200 range or better but I think this fight is going to be a lot more competitive than some others seem to. Cutelaba was able to take Cannon down 6 times but Cannon was able to scramble back to his feet reasonably quickly, although that was partly due to Ion looking to tee off rather than keep him there. If/when Glover gets him down it could be a different story. I'll admit that Glover is tempting at this price due to his experience and advantage on the ground, but I'm going to hold off for now and see what where the line goes.

Whether Glover is -160 or -300 I think it's a dangerous bet all around because at its current price its a green light for me for action. I would have skipped it at -300.

It's lame that they even set this match up. I thought Cannon was going to fight a couple bums along the way and I was going to milk his fights but they put him up against a ranked fighter right away which is some bullshit for all of us we didn't even get to profit that much from him because of the shallow division.

I think Glover is going to mix it up better with his boxing/wrestling, but at 37 I gotta tread very careful.

I'm pretty sure that Cannon is going to be a staple at 205. With some more time and experience he's going to be at least top 5-10. He's shown some solid technique so far regardless of competition, to my naked eye at least.

Verdict: my money is on Glover (-160) but I believe Jared is a live dog.

I like GT also but yeah cannon has some nice hand speed and power to go with it.

Think its all down to that first take down really since GT is a beast on top and has his bjj to work off.

You don't like the over? It's only -200 and I'm with you on thinking it's likely a close decision.

Yes I think I do like it, good spot

I'll look Into that momentarily

Nover finally ticked down on 5d for first time.. taking +175 bol for now, small

Glenn should not be -200

Anyone who bets Glenn -200 when o2.5 is -200 is bonkers, imo

I think what most think about Glover/Cannonier, Glover ML for me for sure! and I might hedge with Cannonier ITD because I think that a KO is Cannonier best chance at beating Glover. Glover just got stopped and ever though it was by Rumble, Cannonier would be smart to try and test that chin again with the Glover getting KO'd less then 6 months ago. Glover will looking to take him down and wear on him, especially if it goes to the 2nd and 3rd IMO.

Nover is going down already, at +165 now. Time to put some money on Nover!

^I agree, just hit GT for 3u. I'll live bet Cannonier if things go south.

Also hit Nover for 1u at +175, and Belal Muhammad for 2u at +100

call me crazy but i'm definitely making a play on tim boetsch here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back