UFC 208 - Holm vs De Randamie - Brooklyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys thoughts on Glover vs Canonier on the feet?Canonier has the power and good striking.Glover got caught many times, but he faced top competition.Glover can easily win on the ground, but if he decides to trade punches with Jared?

Guys thoughts on Glover vs Canonier on the feet?Canonier has the power and good striking.Glover got caught many times, but he faced top competition.Glover can easily win on the ground, but if he decides to trade punches with Jared?

Glover isn't stupid he will look for the takedown.

who has boetsch shown this clubber lang type power against exactly? okami was accumulation after okami got mad sloppy.

He was getting worked by Tavares and one punch put Brad completely on queer street. Quick follow up and done. Tavares had never been stopped prior to that fight.

and one punch

he clipped him on the side of the head, which is why tavares was back to his feet instantly, and after that landed a haymaker as tavares was moving away from him on the cage. the fact he was gettin ''worked'' by the likes of brad tavares doesn't exactly strengthen your case for boetsch as clubber lang jr. let's not pretend he throws with technique and accuracy.

there's nothing really of note on his record where he's shown 'one punch' type power against quality opposition, i mean you start lookin at the mw's in the ufc's record and you'll find plenty of ko/tko's in their favor aswell if you look at their records when they were facing 'josh samman' and 'rafael natal' type comp.

also, assassins creed is shit m8.

I'm liking this card for betting, which historically speaking is not necesarrily a good thing :eek:

From what I've read it seems like I'm mostly on the same page with thread consensus, so far I've got:

Phillipe Nover @ +175
Belal Muhammad @ +100
Glover Texeira @ -154

I'm also liking the under 1.5 in Jacare/Boetsch. I think Jacare makes it look easy but I kinda wanna see props before making my decision there - I just fear the odds will be worse by then so might lock down a small FOMO bet. I'll probably also be on Poirier ITD and Reis submission, depending on prices obviously.

I'm not even gonna try to bet the main event before livebetting *friendly reminder for everyone to not get fucked on WMMA*

he clipped him on the side of the head, which is why tavares was back to his feet instantly, and after that landed a haymaker as tavares was moving away from him on the cage. the fact he was gettin ''worked'' by the likes of brad tavares doesn't exactly strengthen your case for boetsch as clubber lang jr. let's not pretend he throws with technique and accuracy.

there's nothing really of note on his record where he's shown 'one punch' type power against quality opposition, i mean you start lookin at the mw's in the ufc's record and you'll find plenty of ko/tko's in their favor aswell if you look at their records when they were facing 'josh samman' and 'rafael natal' type comp.

also, assassins creed is shit m8.

Okay, first of all I'm arguing his power and nothing else. He "clipped" Tavares and then blasted him and put him away. The point is he has the power to hurt guys. That's all. All of the other stuff you are saying is irrelevant given that I'm really NOT advocating a play on Tim LOL. I'm just saying betting a +450 dog who has some stopping power isn't the worst bet ever like some people are indicating.

I don't play video games. My AV is Aaron Rodgers and I just got it by googling "Aaron Rodgers Jedi". Someone in another thread called him that so I googled it. No clue about Assassin's Creed. Or any video games after like 1994 LOL.

If Tim can be the one pressuring it increases his chances bigly. Its also not crazy to assume he can do OK in the clinch (of course its not crazy to assume Jacare immediately takes him down there either).

Here's a tale of two cards -

You got Jacare an elite MW vs Boestch a solid guy. Juice is -500/+400.

Last card I shat on a majority of the favorites being non-elite guys who were juiced for whatever reason.

Not gonna condemn a bet on a +400 dog but cmon if you're going to take a long shot, last week was the time to do it against bums like OSP/Hamilton, not here against Jacare who's on the cusp of a title shot.

giphy.gif

But seriously, I get what you're saying. There's a big difference between the -350/-250 that OSP and Hamilton were at (or whatever it was) vs the -750 that Jacare opened at, though. There's a very strong chance that Jacare dominates this fight, but I also think there's a small chance Tim could catch him with something. At the odds I got it's worth a shot to me, but I can understand why others don't agree. The only bet I would totally disagree with on this fight would be laying the juice on Jacare's moneyline.

Miller at +360 now for anyone looking to take a shot on him.

lol @ jim miller +360. how are people parlaying poirier -4xx here. this is madness.

makhachev up to -220, i think he's about a 2:1 favorite here.. so i agree w/that movement from the opener

Miller at +360 now for anyone looking to take a shot on him.

I wasn't planning on playing him, but my book has him at +379. That line has to have some value despite expecting Poirier to get the win.

lol @ jim miller +360. how are people parlaying poirier -4xx here. this is madness.

I LOVE IT. I got a lot of units on poirier hoping that this would happen. Playing the line movement here to get poirier around -110. I think the line on miller will go up a little more probably. Kinda going back and forth whether or not i should jump in now.

makhachev up to -220, i think he's about a 2:1 favorite here.. so i agree w/that movement from the opener

The price might be getting out of hand at this point. Lentz throws more volume than wade and has better get ups, his tendency to go for too many guillotines probably bites him in the ass again, but this feels like a split dec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back