3 recent fights:

training vid for ufc debut:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udj_FFvqkPI

Jenel Lausa
-28 from Philipenes
-2ko,2sub,3decision
-Ex pro boxer, MT style fighter
Last ufc debut fight:
https://www.ufc.tv/video/jenel-lausa-vs-zhikui-yao-ufc-fight-night-whittaker-vs-brunson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH-U406LPRc
recent fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nftJSGX2MM

DC and Gaygar to double my money.

May I just say while this card is no UFC 211, the top two fights are super close and hard to predict. They are both essentially pick'ems and I can't see the lines moving past -130 favs. Excited to see how they play out

or if you think weidman is value anyway I guess.

might take them at some point but I think we can get better lines on these closer to the fight.
Why do you think the lines will get better? Do you think they will move, or does the juice get reduced on these high odds props?

Last edited:
I don't get all the gilespie love, Holbrook looks like a bad matchup for him, especially with new rules. Holbrook gets a lot of hate but he's one of the busiest guys off his back, constantly sub hunting, uses his butterfly guard to great effect. He's also quite large for the division while Gilespie is on the smaller end.

Blackzilian fighters' recent results (affiliated fighters taken from their official website):

AJ: Win vs Glover via KO
Rashad Evans: Loss vs Dan Kelly via Dec
Michael Johnson: Loss vs Khabib via Sub
Gilbert Burns: Loss vs Prazeres via Dec
Kamaru Usman: Win vs Warlley Alves via Dec
Linton Vassell (Bellator): Win vs Carmont via Dec
Volkan Oezdemir: Win vs OSP via Dec
Danny Roberts: Loss vs Mike Perry via KO
Abel Trujillo: Loss vs James Vick via Sub
Andre Soukhamthath: Loss vs Morales via Dec
Luis Firmino (WSOF): Loss vs Justin Gaethje via TKO
Carrington Bank (Bellator): Win vs Jake Roberts via Dec
Vincente Luque: Loss vs Leon Edwards via Dec

Wins: 5
Losses: 8

38% Win Rate

I don't get all the gilespie love, Holbrook looks like a bad matchup for him, especially with new rules. Holbrook gets a lot of hate but he's one of the busiest guys off his back, constantly sub hunting, uses his butterfly guard to great effect. He's also quite large for the division while Gilespie is on the smaller end.

Gillespie's stand up is better and he has great cardio
He can also score the takedown anytime he wants to

Found an extract of the breakdown I done for Lausa's first UFC fight, might have some useful info for anyone so thought I'd re-share just in case. :)

"Lausa's Boxing experience is evident in his fights, he puts combinations together well, has fast hands and a lovely lead left hook. His takedown defence has developed well over his fights, he also has a nice guillotine he threatens with when opponents try takedowns against the cage, Lausa has a guillotine victory over Dean Bermudez, after landing a headkick and some heavy punches he grabbed Bermudez into a tight takedown and secured the win. With a background in Boxing, Muay Thai and Wushu it's safe to say that Lausa is the better stand up fighter in this bout but Zhikui has faced the better opposition and the better offensive wrestling so it's a very hard fight to predict. At some point in the fight I can definitely see Zhikui securing a takedown, the key will be whether Lausa can get back to his feet or threaten with a submission. Lausa's footwork and Boxing experience should lead to him implementing a similar gameplan to Ticman, landing clean strikes and then keeping his distance. Lausa also has the experience of going 5 rounds against Pitpitunge in a fight where he was constantly fighting off takedowns and moving well on the feet landing strikes."

Why do you think the lines will get better? Do you think they will move, or does the juice get reduced on these high odds props?

both, I think rumble will get more casual money on him, and yeah as more books bring out lines we could see some lines with less margin taken out. still though they aren't bad bets at the current odds by any means imo. will hold of for now anyway, still a couple of weeks to go so it'll be a while before most books have the lines.

A lot changes in three years, Mousasi is peaking, Weidman is arguably declining.

Disagree, Weidman won the first round against both Rockhold (and arguably was winning the third if he didnt throw that stupid spinning kick whilst gassed), and 1st against Romero. Weidman has had a much easier time against counter punchers, or against fighters who aren't such physical presences.

Blackzilian fighters' recent results (affiliated fighters taken from their official website):

AJ: Win vs Glover via KO
Rashad Evans: Loss vs Dan Kelly via Dec
Michael Johnson: Loss vs Khabib via Sub
Gilbert Burns: Loss vs Prazeres via Dec
Kamaru Usman: Win vs Warlley Alves via Dec
Linton Vassell (Bellator): Win vs Carmont via Dec
Volkan Oezdemir: Win vs OSP via Dec
Danny Roberts: Loss vs Mike Perry via KO
Abel Trujillo: Loss vs James Vick via Sub
Andre Soukhamthath: Loss vs Morales via Dec
Luis Firmino (WSOF): Loss vs Justin Gaethje via TKO
Carrington Bank (Bellator): Win vs Jake Roberts via Dec
Vincente Luque: Loss vs Leon Edwards via Dec

Wins: 5
Losses: 8

38% Win Rate
<6>

for me, he's taken it to another level SINCE the DC fight. KTFO glover (who's not been stopped in like 15 years), KTFO gus, and manuwa ... just incredible.

DC has only had a WAR with gus (that gus arguably edged) & the terrible anderson silva fight

i was on DC the first time, i'm on AJ this time

I think AJ has power but he always has. He couldn't put DC away the first time and I think DC may be the smartest fighter in the light heavyweight division.

I also question Rumble's camp with the performances of Evans and Luque.

I guess if I were to bet Rumble I would just bet KO because I don't see any other way he wins this. JMO.

First fight is 6:15 PM EST

Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson
Chris Weidman vs. Gegard Mousasi
Cynthia Calvillo vs. Pearl Gonzalez
Thiago Alves vs. Patrick Cote
Will Brooks vs. Charles Oliveira
Myles Jury vs. Mike de la Torre
Kamaru Usman vs. Sean Strickland
Shane Burgos vs. Charles Rosa
Patrick Cummins vs. Jan Blachowicz
Josh Emmett vs. Desmond Green
Gregor Gillespie vs. Andrew Holbrook
Katlyn Chookagian vs. Irene Aldana
Jenel Lausa vs. Magomed Bibulatov

B8eVw1H.png

Last edited:
^ you're right... I got this from reddit, seems to be fan made.

HTF is calvillo-gonzalez on the PPV over usman-strickland...

HTF is calvillo-gonzalez on the PPV over usman-strickland...

Remember when I asked how Usman/Strickland could not be on the main card? I jinxed it.

Is normal. UFC loves the women as much as they hate flyweights, been that way for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back