UFC 210 - DC vs AJ 2 - Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Told by someone close to Weidman and Vilante that they hand picked Mousasi after being offered a few fights. Could be a case of be careful what you wish for but as I have said I think it's a bad style for Moose.
I don't think they "hand picked" Musassi. There are only 4 guys ahead of Weidman in the rankings: Bisping, Jacarre, Romero, Rockhold. Mousasi is ranked right after Weidman

Bisping - I bet they didn't offer him a title shot lol.
Romero just beat him so no rematch
Rock hold is injured (Rockholds fight cancellation news announced 1/11/16, Weidman Mousasi was announced 1/17/17)) So we know he wasn't offered Rockhold because he was injured.
I don't think they offered him Jacare coming off 2 losses.

I think Mousasi was the highest ranked guy he was offered and they picked him I don't think The Chris is scared of anybody as your info leaves this impression.

Last edited:
I don't think they "hand picked" Musassi. There are only 4 guys ahead of Weidman in the rankings: Bisping, Jacarre, Romero, Rockhold. Mousasi is ranked right after Weidman

Rock hold is injured (Rockholds fight cancellation news announced 1/11/16, Weidman Mousasi was announced 1/17/17)) So we know he wasn't offered Rockhold because he was injured.

I think Mousasi was the highest ranked guy he was offered and they picked him I don't think The Chris is scared of anybody as your info leaves this impression.

Hand picked was my wording. They were offered multiple fights and they picked Moose because they loved the matchup. Chris and Ray that is.

Friend - "They hand picked it as a get right fight."
Me - "I don't think they did that but I do agree it's a good matchup stylistically.'
Friend - "That's what they said. . . Just relaying the message lol."
Me - "Whose they."
Friend - "Chris and Ray. They were offered a couple guys."

We shall see.

Friend - "They hand picked it as a get right fight."
Me - "I don't think they did that but I do agree it's a good matchup stylistically.'
Friend - "That's what they said. . . Just relaying the message lol."
Me - "Whose they."
Friend - "Chris and Ray. They were offered a couple guys."

We shall see.
"get right fight?"

Good chance Mousasi boxes his face off.

"get right fight?"

Good chance Mousasi boxes his face off.

Is there any way Chris doesn't force his way inside and look to put Mousasi on his back? Coming off 2 losses where he was stopped, this is a fight he needs to win. This isn't about proving a point with his standup or any of that. If he chose Mousasi it has to be because he's seen Mousasi's fights with King Mo, Jacare, and hell even Machida and Chris feels he can put Mous on his back and win that way.

I'm not saying it's any sort of a lock that Chris is successful doing it (though I do think he will be) but it's hard for me to imagine he's gonna be content to stand and box in this one.

Is there any way Chris doesn't force his way inside and look to put Mousasi on his back? Coming off 2 losses where he was stopped, this is a fight he needs to win. This isn't about proving a point with his standup or any of that. If he chose Mousasi it has to be because he's seen Mousasi's fights with King Mo, Jacare, and hell even Machida and Chris feels he can put Mous on his back and win that way.

I'm not saying it's any sort of a lock that Chris is successful doing it (though I do think he will be) but it's hard for me to imagine he's gonna be content to stand and box in this one.
If he can put Rockhold and Romero on their backs then Mousasi isn't stopping the shot. You can tell Chris hates losing, he'll come in to fight smart and get the win.

Chris said it great on Submission Radio recently. Mousasi's greatest strength is also his greatest weakness; his relaxedness. Sounds like he knows he has to put him on his back and keep him there.

His head is in the gaming world. He has been streaming a lot since last week. Small (roid) rage starts at 39:00.

Don't know if this is good or bad. MM still winning lol

Edit: to see the video https://www.tvitch.tv/videos/130056662 copy this link but type "twitch" not "tvitch". I had to change "w" to "v" because it doesn't let me media this video here and requires log in.
Totally weightless statement. You gotta do something to chill and unwind after training. IMO unless a fighter is streaming on Twitch 87 times a week like Rampage is then there is no reason to be concerned with what they do to relax.

I'd like to choose a side but Weidman/Moose reeks of playing the over and live betting as best route to go. Moose has looked better than ever, both fighting and physically. Chris has looked weaker physically since the Rockhold fight and I really dk if he can just straight up keep Moose down. Very torn.

Weidman looked fine in the Romero fight (fight was 1-1 although Romero did have the momentum going into the 3rd) And I had him on his way to being up 2-1 on Rockhold before the spinning back kick. I see no reason to fade him when he's a slight dog or anywhere close to that.

I'd like to choose a side but Weidman/Moose reeks of playing the over and live betting as best route to go. Moose has looked better than ever, both fighting and physically. Chris has looked weaker physically since the Rockhold fight and I really dk if he can just straight up keep Moose down. Very torn.

Do you mean you think Chris has looked physically smaller than he used to? Like there could be a USADA issue maybe?

I don't think we can say he's looked "weaker" since the Rockhold fight. He was probably winning that fight until he tried that stupid kick that got him taken down. And then he fought a Cuban that was obviously exposed to Gamma radiation at some point and gets really angry before he walks out to the cage. Everyone knew he wasn't gonna outmuscle that beast.

Mousasi has looked really good and I do believe momentum matters, but he really hasn't faced anyone with the grappling abilities of Weidman. I actually think Weidman's striking has been overrated and his grappling underrated. The guy is honestly a grappling savant. As a purple belt in 2009 after I believe only about 14 months of bjj training (obviously a lifetime of wrestling but still) his match with Andre Galvao should have been enough to make people realize how special a grappler Weidman is...

You just don't do that as a purple belt with so little experience against a legendary world champ like Galvao. It's not like Weidman was stalling either, he went back and forth and more than held his own, which is just insane.

Weidman can definitely take Mous down, and can definitely dominate him on the mat. And that had better be Weidman's strategy.

Interesting fact:

9 out of 11 of Weedman's opponents were southpaws. The two orthodox guys were Sakara and Munoz.

I don't know what to make of the match up in terms of how Weidman will look in the stand up department and how he will integrate his wrestling in that regard.

With that said I think Moose has better use of his jab against same stance fighters.

I don't have a solid read on it yet but leaning Moose.

Last edited:
What niqqas forget is that Moose gassed against Jacare. The Chris could finish him with his pressure. Chris only struggles against bigger guys, and not even as he held his own and even winning against Hockhold and Homero. Weidman will enjoy a size advantage over Moose. Weidman is stronger mentally and has a bigger heart than Moose. I got stacks on deck on Weidman. Come at me.

Edit - this is a statement fight from The Chris

I don't think that Weidman will be able to take mousasi down.
Mousasi's stand up is far superior than that of Chris.
Mousasi by decision.

The card also has a chechen guy, Magomed Bibulatov.
I watched some of his fights and he is great.
Solid stand up and great wrestling.
I will pick him.
Confidence decrease in Brooks.

It just makes no sense to do a parlay with a couple of UFC London fights and to add Weidman from UFC 210 to the parlay, like I did. All it does is it commits the winnings from London to a Weidman bet. The only scenario when it makes sense is if you're expecting the Weidman odds to get worse.

or if you think weidman is value anyway I guess.

Cormier rd 3 4 and 5 is 675 1275 and 1875 respectively

might take them at some point but I think we can get better lines on these closer to the fight.

I'm sure Weidman will try to get TD's but can he? can he also hold Mousasi down and do it for at least two rounds? If he can't then he probably loses.

How do you know Weidman chose Mousasi? you don't. All you know is that they both signed contracts to fight eachother.

Mousasi has also improved over the years and has looked better than ever recently.

Who is Weidman's best win? He beat up a bunch of Brazilians past their prime and then when he actually had to fight a legit contender (Rockhold), he got destroyed. Weidman became overrated when he beat old Anderson Silva, then he beat old Machida and then old Belfort. He beat named guys but he beat them when they weren't their best.

Weidman has had a lot of injuries over the years and some serious ones to his neck and knees. Have these injuries caught up to him or is it just the step up in competition that has caused losing performances? I would say both

Also factor in Weidman getting his head split open 4 months ago, hasn't won a fight in nearly two years and his last W was over Belfort.

I'm not playing a side here but I am expecting Mousasi to win. A lot of negativity surrounding Weidman.

I'm sure Weidman will try to get TD's but can he? can he also hold Mousasi down and do it for at least two rounds? If he can't then he probably loses.

How do you know Weidman chose Mousasi? you don't. All you know is that they both signed contracts to fight eachother.

Mousasi has also improved over the years and has looked better than ever recently.

Who is Weidman's best win? He beat up a bunch of Brazilians past their prime and then when he actually had to fight a legit contender (Rockhold), he got destroyed. Weidman became overrated when he beat old Anderson Silva, then he beat old Machida and then old Belfort. He beat named guys but he beat them when they weren't their best.

Weidman has had a lot of injuries over the years and some serious ones to his neck and knees. Have these injuries caught up to him or is it just the step up in competition that has caused losing performances? I would say both

Also factor in Weidman getting his head split open 4 months ago, hasn't won a fight in nearly two years and his last W was over Belfort.

I'm not playing a side here but I am expecting Mousasi to win. A lot of negativity surrounding Weidman.
Anderson Silva x2, Machida, Belfort, Munoz, Maia > Hendo, Belfort, Hall, Santos, Leites, Munoz

You'r talking like Mousasi has beaten best guys. His best win ever is his last win over past his prime Vitor. Belfort wasn't so washed up when Chris fought him. Mousasi could be overrated as fuck too because his recent run is over mid level guys. And he didn't put Vitor away in r1 like everyone else does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back