UFC 246 McGregor vs Cerrone

Incredible close fight? It ended in a round 1 KO not a split decision. I would say he faced adversity because he came out cocky against a criminally underrated opponent, but he still adjusted within the same round and got another dominant result. The Moraes fight was much closer.
Barry/Kongo was another masterclass KO1 where Kongo made the adjustments and got the stop. He got scared off by Benitez power, dropped his volume significantly and bailed out on a KO. It was him getting gun-shy and swinging haymakers, not an intelligent adjustment. They both swung and somebody dropped

When I get wins on 50-50 memefests like Imadaev-Roberts I don't delude myself that Roberts somehow put a masterclass on. These bouts are just variancefests

Bit silly comparing Barry/ Kongo to Benitez / Yousuf. And Benitez overextended and got hit with a clean counter, nothing to do with a mindless brawl. But since I have joined this forum, everything seems like a "memefest" to you so I don't know if there is even a point discussing it.

It's all a lot easier if things aren't personal. Congratulate good points, counter bad points, and make your own points. Ignore people you clash with.

We're all here to make money. IOW we're all on the same side.

Gugabe is a funny guy. Terrible better but a funny guy. I listen to your podcast with Tim and even he doesn't know what to say to some of your choices, he just tries to back away from the conversation

I hope Pettis knocks this kid's head off in the first round. At these odds he's a must bet in my opinion. I can see y mind being completely changed after this fight but he has fought vastly superior opponents, has superior striking, and he knocked fucking Thompson out (after having his ass whooped for the first part of the fight by arguably one of the greatest strikers in the world)-

The pressure fighter thing I totally get it but CDF isn't exactly Justin Gaethje.

I hope Pettis knocks this kid's head off in the first round. At these odds he's a must bet in my opinion. I can see y mind being completely changed after this fight but he has fought vastly superior opponents, has superior striking, and he knocked fucking Thompson out (after having his ass whooped for the first part of the fight by arguably one of the greatest strikers in the world)-

The pressure fighter thing I totally get it but CDF isn't exactly Justin Gaethje.

He's not a power puncher but he is very high volume, he throws more and gets hit less than his opponents generally. Pettis seems to be getting more and more fragile as time goes in, it's rare he comes away from a fight without a broken bone.. Or at least feeling he's injured enough in a fight to want out.

How does Pettis win the fight, landing the big shot?

Don't know how to do that cool tiny head shit but "Who da Fook is that guy?"

*Edit took me a minute to get the link right

Last edited:
Lol how does a shirt like that get by for approval? The artist must know it's shit, but I'm sure it has to pass through many hands before it gets approved.

Lol how does a shirt like that get by for approval? The artist must know it's shit, but I'm sure it has to pass through many hands before it gets approved.
Supposedly Conor or people in his camp approved it, because it’s a “legacy” shirt

Not sure but if people pay money for that, I feel stupid working in a plant for a living

Then again after seeing some of Mcgregor's ink he might of drawn that up.
Who gave that drunk Irishman a pack of crayons?

Supposedly Conor or people in his camp approved it, because it’s a “legacy” shirt

source.gif

Barry/Kongo was another masterclass KO1 where Kongo made the adjustments and got the stop. He got scared off by Benitez power, dropped his volume significantly and bailed out on a KO. It was him getting gun-shy and swinging haymakers, not an intelligent adjustment. They both swung and somebody dropped

When I get wins on 50-50 memefests like Imadaev-Roberts I don't delude myself that Roberts somehow put a masterclass on. These bouts are just variancefests

This is just an awful take by you, and overall very strange.. Benitez landed about 3-4 good left hands and only one of them could be clarified as having a lot of power. Saying there was no adjustment just shows either ignorance or intentionally over looking what went on. Going from pursuing to retreating to draw an opponents attack out first is the definition of an adjustment. I even made a video for you detailing it. I let the misrepresentations you said before pass but looks like you really want to dig in.

Yusuff volume was mostly front loaded into the first flurry/minute and he picked up another 5 shots of GNP after the KO. His volume had dropped pretty staggeringly by the time the KO happened. They both landed and absorbed a ton of clean volume and I don't get the focus on headshots when a lot of Yusuff problem was his difficulty with the legkicks. Benitez had sig strike lead in the fight before the knockdown and ground strikes. Also the tempo of the fight past the first minute was overwhelmingly favoring Benitez

IMO close brawl that Yusuff wins at most 60% of time since power differential

The focus is on headshots because that's what judges are known to care about more. Difficulty with leg kicks? You are making that up, Sodiq barley flinched on those kicks, they landed but to say they troubled him or did significant damage is a bs narrative.

The significant strike difference, again incorrect when the facts are out there, why put them out untruthfully? Sodiq finished with 34 significant strikes, Benitez 24 (Even though leg kicks are classified as significant strike's which is dumb but is what it is). 1 for the overhand that sent Benitez to another dimension and 4 ground strikes. 34-5=29. 29 is more than 24, I believe that is universal.

You are the only person on the planet who would cap Benitez at +150 "At worst". Benitez has never and likely will never beat a fighter of Sodiq's caliber. He's a stepping stone, a low level gate keeper. There is a reason why he is fighting Lerone Murphy next. They want to build people using him, solid fighter but only that.

Last response on this where one dude got slept in the 1st after being baited by the far superior fighter.

Last edited:
Elliot +105 ML:

giphy.gif

Having a good time laughing at this one. It's pretty simple algebra imo:

Aggressive top player + scrambler > guard player.

tenor.gif

Big concern is Elliot getting randomly subbed tho.

Elliot +105 ML:

giphy.gif

Having a good time laughing at this one. It's pretty simple algebra imo:

Aggressive top player + scrambler > guard player.

tenor.gif

Big concern is Elliot getting randomly subbed tho.
Elliot is out broski

If Cowboy was a few years younger at these odds I would bet the motherfucking house on him. Still placed a bet though. Odds too good.

Back