UFC 248 PBP/Discussion

Ybk1MPp.jpg

So the ufc absolutely wants Izzy and zhang to win tonight. We all like to think that didn’t factor into to judging

myself however, am not convinced these guys are totally neutral

I expect a robbery if JJ leaves it mildly arguable. I'm on Romero ITD though so not at all concerned how the decision plays

I don’t think any emmers backers thought he wasn’t going to attempt a takedown in rd 1

he was far too comfortable relying on his striking. Pretty dumb considering that’s where giga was stronger and he’s shown that wrestling saps his cardio

It's been said before but you cant expect professional fghters to be smart.

I expect a robbery if JJ leaves it mildly arguable. I'm on Romero ITD though so not at all concerned how the decision plays
Yea I may end up buying down on jj. Not sure yet though.

Takedowns have gone from round winners to worthless, surely there is some kind of middle ground

I wanna say GM3 here but he is friends with Askren :/

gm3 decision at +400 was a contemplation but going to see if this fight can be live betted.

people still thinks they use pride scoring smh
I would welcome pride scoring and rules with elated open arms

10 minutes rd 1s

hell, we don’t need rounds. Just let them scrap

Meerschaert looking like he hasnt slept in 13 years.

I don’t think any emmers backers thought he wasn’t going to attempt a takedown in rd 1
Emmers fucking around standing up for way too long when he could've just take his opponent down is not a new thing. He does that regularly if his backers looked up his past fights

Surprised he let gm3 up. I guess winn thinks the path to victory is outstriking the taller lengthier fighter.

Its funny to me Winn likens himself a striker when his body type gives him grappling advantages. He should have a lot of power at least for that body type but I dont see him rocking folks.

Surprised he let gm3 up. I guess winn thinks the path to victory is outstriking the taller lengthier fighter.
That reach is a problem everywhere.
No way DC is biased here with his protégé fighting either

Winn breathing through his mouth... going to gass in the next 2 maybe

Back