UFC 249 Ferguson vs Gaethje (May 9th)

Pettis is a -130 favorite when he should be more like -200. I think that's the safest bet as I don't think cerrone has the pace or power to put him away, and is just collecting a paycheck.

Pettis is a -130 favorite when he should be more like -200. I think that's the safest bet as I don't think cerrone has the pace or power to put him away, and is just collecting a paycheck.
Cerrone is done, Pettis will ko him with a wind slap

When was the last time Pettis looked good or even had a good performance?

I can argue that Pettis has always been a bad matchup for Cerrone. Cerrone just starts too slow and Pettis should be able to get a feel on him before Cerrone gets a read on Pettis. There really isn't an area that Cerrone can easily exploit with Pettis. Cerrone's best asset is that he can normally exploit an opponent in a particular area - they either lack on the ground or standing. I'd argue that Pettis is better standing and just as good on the ground. Unless Cerrone somehow gets in a groove early with pressure which would be uncommon, I think this screams a bad matchup.

Cerrone DEC or sneaky sub
Gaethje TKO R2 but maybe earlier
Ngannou TKO R1
Calvin DEC
Cejudo TKO R2
Luque Sub

Last edited:
I don't really like betting on decisions but I'm kinda liking Werdum here. I think this will be a boring stand up fight with Werdum doing just enough to win each round. If there were a finish, I think it'd be in the 3rd finishing an old n tired Oleynik.

I don't really like betting on decisions but I'm kinda liking Werdum here. I think this will be a boring stand up fight with Werdum doing just enough to win each round. If there were a finish, I think it'd be in the 3rd finishing an old n tired Oleynik.
Yeah not sure what kinda shape Werdum is in but Oleinik seems to have about 7 of cardio. Seems like the Boa Constrictor is sub or bust to me.

Yeah not sure what kinda shape Werdum is in but Oleinik seems to have about 7 of cardio. Seems like the Boa Constrictor is sub or bust to me.
Oleynik looks like he's in the best shape of his life right now don't sleep on him.

Ngannou meantioned something I didn't think about. Not only are gyms closed but fighters have a hard time finding sparring partners right now. He meantioned being able to spar with Blagoy.

I wonder who this effects most? Seems like Ferguson would be the least bothered by it. Cerrone has his own ranch so this may favor him as well.

Between that and USADA not being able to test as regularly I expect some weird conditioning all around.

Ngannou meantioned something I didn't think about. Not only are gyms closed but fighters have a hard time finding sparring partners right now. He meantioned being able to spar with Blagoy.

I wonder who this effects most? Seems like Ferguson would be the least bothered by it. Cerrone has his own ranch so this may favor him as well.

Between that and USADA not being able to test as regularly I expect some weird conditioning all around.
Clearly this is a card that you shouldn’t go big on

which is why I’m quadrupling my unit size and staking 100% of my bankroll on this event

mind-blown.gif

Clearly this is a card that you shouldn’t go big on

which is why I’m quadrupling my unit size and staking 100% of my bankroll on this event

mind-blown.gif
Yeah my biggest read is a HW fight so I'm not going crazy. Dana saying they're doing a card on the 9th, 13th, and 16th though so we should have plenty of degen options coming up.

Last edited:
is mitchell the pick of the card?

pettis is unreliable in 2020 even against more unreliable cowboy

ferguson should win but there's no value imo

don't know what to think of cruz vs cejudo. prime cruz is a very tough matchup for cejudo but 2020 cruz idk...

jairzinho might be a good dog, waterson too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back