UFC 258: Usman vs Burns

Isn't this the fight that she tore her acl in?

If that is I'll need to reconsider

Oh yeah you're right. I didn't know she'd torn her ACL (article says 1st round, so that could explain the shit performance I remember. Was watching it with a few people over for the McGregor fight and didn't have much sound on in the prelims).

Thank you. I'll dismiss that Roxie loss from how I see her. Not gonna watch tape on a fight that doesn't initially stick out to me as bet potential but just wanted to share that record red flag, but I guess it's not.

I like seeing that Gil's S&C coach isn't some regular muscle head having him just lift weights.

I have no confidence in KG after seeing his gf IS his s&c coach + Kelvin cooking meals for himself. hard fucking pass.

Last edited:
any thoughts on robertson vs Maverick? Robertson seems to struggle vs strong physical fighters, I think Maverick is that, but she lacks experience.

Initially I thought it should be a cakewalk for Maverick, but I'm slowly coming around to Robertson on this one. I don't like how Maverick seems to get hit inadvertently on every exchange she initiates, and it seemed in the past she's been tied up in clinch exchanges for far too long stretches of time with girls not actively to put her in bad positions like Robertson could have her.

Maverick is physical yes, but she's no bully like Barber. That's the type of chick who gives Robertson problems. For reference, I'm referring to the Deanna Bennett invicta fights. I think Robertson is capable of winning rounds against Maverick just by tying her up.

Maybe im looking into this too much, but I got some bad vibes watching Gastelum in the recent embedded. Apparently his main strenght and conditioning coach is his girlfriend. Looking through her insta {<tongue} she seems to be far from an experienced coach.
Looks like he switched camps to Cobra Kai.....

Jokes aside good to see him still training at Kings Mma with Dariush, he even did a little conditioning with Phil Daru. I am curious to see him on the scales though, Gastelum definitely isn't the most consistent.

Anybody think Munhoz vs Rivera goes largely like the first fight? Pedro walking forward looking for big shots and Jimmie countering with combinations? Rivera seems faster in transitions and Pedro showed against Edgar he will lose rounds waiting for the KO shot.

Anybody think Munhoz vs Rivera goes largely like the first fight? Pedro walking forward looking for big shots and Jimmie countering with combinations? Rivera seems faster in transitions and Pedro showed against Edgar he will lose rounds waiting for the KO shot.
Yes. Play by decision to remove some of the juice.

didn't barber get outpointed by roxy? and isn't grasso primarily a boxer? i know she tore her acl in the roxy fight but does it make you more confident that she's coming back from an acl tear?

didn't barber get outpointed by roxy? and isn't grasso primarily a boxer? i know she tore her acl in the roxy fight but does it make you more confident that she's coming back from an acl tear?
not really, Roxy kept taking her down

Jj Aldrich was piecing barber up until she crumbled like a milk soaked cookie

I liked ewells opening line vs low volume Gutierrez

Is there a realistic way Belal loses this weekend?

Belal decision seems pretty safe, does anybody see him stopping Lima?

I wouldn't be shocked for the Lima/Belal fight to look closer than what people think, but Belal will most likely take it even in a close fight.

I'm waiting on my book to open props. I think the best line on the card is a prop. Once I bet it, I'll discuss.

Plays so far are spicy.

Usman KO, rd4/rd5.

Barber ML +135.
why is Grasso favored? Just because Maycee lost to Roxanne? My biggest fear is that Maycee is still at Roufus Sport, I'm not entirely confident that gym is doing anything innovative or keeping up with modern mma.

why is Grasso favored? Just because Maycee lost to Roxanne? My biggest fear is that Maycee is still at Roufus Sport, I'm not entirely confident that gym is doing anything innovative or keeping up with modern mma.

I heard Barber changed gyms, forget where I heard it perhaps near the end of the recent DC & Helwani episode

Back