PBP UFC 297 Strickland vs. Du Plessis: Main Card PBP Discussion - Sat 1/20 at 10pm ET / 7pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Quit yelling. Lol, You are acting like Sean did anything worth noting.

Sean needs to learn how to throw combos. Never once did I think DDP was hurt.

DDP had octagon control the whole time, constantly attacking and yes landing something decent on occasion. Sean was bleeding like he got slashed with a knife.

I had DDP in a very close fight. Could have went either way. You don't understand what a robbery is.

You so realize judges can't see the lame ass stats right?
Sean won the headstrike game by nearly 50 punches. DDP was never hurt, NEITHER was Sean. Blood doesn't mean someones winning, it means someones bleeding you dolt. Sean easily won that, it was a robbery, they showed South African people BEFORE the decision was announced, what a fucking TERRIBLE LIE. Lame ass, and people pretending here that Sean actually lost a fight he outstriked. DDP did NOTHING with takedowns. Sean never conceded, laid on his back, there was 0 guard, 0 side control, 0 mount, there was 0 ground game. That was fucking dumb as shit

DId I hear it right that during the main event Cruz was saying that judges score fights based on whose fighters face looks less beat up and Anik telling him he was wrong?
Anik said they're only supposed to judge damage done that round and not over the course of the fight, which is stupid.

One thing’s for sure is that Sean is never getting that belt again. Dude has ever only had a jab and he sure as shit isn’t going to start improving now.

lol I commend your commitment to the bit, but you're playing for an audience of no one. Do your little song and dance tho whatever makes you happy
bitch youre still replying. go delude yourself into thinking your clever somewhere else. youre fucking dumb as shit

If you criticized Chris Curtis earlier, and are championing Strickland now, the fought exactly the same. Those guys spar so much that when they fight, they spar.

The last 30 seconds of flailing by both dudes should make this fight really not one that people spend time arguing about. Looks like Izzy will be champ again soon enough.

Just because DPP was missing alot does not mean he was not landing a decent amount also especially with his kicks. Sean just basically jabbed for most of the fight. This was a close chess match that could have gone either way.
Everyone of reason knows that, it's just some whiny butthurt fools in here XD

I had a big bet on Strickland and he's also one of my favourite people in mma. I'm 100% fine with the score. Difficult to see how anyone could call this a robbery given current scoring criterias.

Despite winning a bet, I think Strickland won, maybe a draw at best.
I’m with you I won’t 100 US dollars but I had Sean 1/3/5 but I guess octagon control and optics once Sean was as bleeding and Dricus did land the bigger shots

End of the day, I hope the judges didn't come to this event thinking they could sleep through it, because most of the decisions were difficult.

I saw the fucking fight. I don't need a statcast to tell me that Sean's jabs did just as much damage as DDP's as I can see his face was busted up and his eye was almost closed. Just because he didn't bleed - look at BJ Penn rarely, if ever bleeding even if he was outstruck for example - doesn't mean that the damage DDP did was greater. Some guys just don't bleed and scar tissue is real. Jesus fucking Christ. I've been watching this sport far too long to be having these stupid discussions, lol.

Aggression while you're losing the standup isn't effecting and cannot yield octagon control. Damage has nuance. Pressure isn't always effective and movement alone shouldn't score if your opponent is landing strikes. FML.
Now this is passion! Misguided passion, but passion none the less

Back