PBP UFC 297 Strickland vs. Du Plessis: Main Card PBP Discussion - Sat 1/20 at 10pm ET / 7pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Considering Strickland outlanded him multiple fold in this fight

This decision is a lot worse than people are giving it credit for.

All it does is highlight how bad people are at scoring fights.

Sean was passive, but he was still landing. During the first 3 rounds, Dricus landed almost no clean strikes whatsoever.

He basically won those fights by moving forward and looking like he's being active. While landing nothing.
He didn’t though… after the first round strikes were about even, but DDP was clearly throwing and landing the heavier strikes and also had the TDs. The only clear round for Sean was the 1st.

Ive come to believe that if a fight is arguable, then there are no winners
Bruh, pretty much every fight
<mma3>

Y'all don't know what the fuck you're watching half the time. All good.

I don’t care who they declared the winner. The fight just wasn’t good. Hence why I said the passion was misguided. Personally, I gave ddp rnd 2 And fuck all happened round 3 and even on here in this thread I said that rnd is a draw. I’m shocked to see this amount of passion from you in regards to the outcome of this fight tho. All the judges must be Trudeau fans.

Complain? It isn't my fault you can't read. Next time you try to call someone out for contradicting themselves, try to make some sense please. It'll help your case. Enjoy your evening.

You know what would help your case? Probably not posting a scorecard (below) that shows the fight being virtually even at 47.88 to 47.18. That's a coin flip, or like I said, takedowns being the deciding factor.

https://x.com/VerdictMMA/status/1748957836401328302?s=20

He didn’t though… after the first round strikes were about even, but DDP was clearly throwing and landing the heavier strikes and also had the TDs. The only clear round for Sean was the 1st.

You didn't think R5 was a clear Strickland round? Lol.

No idea how anyone thinks Strickland won …..my 10 year old son hits harder then Strickland…..baby punches aren’t the same as real punches

You know what would help your case? Probably not posting a scorecard (below) that shows the fight being virtually even at 47.88 to 47.18. That's a coin flip, or like I said, takedowns being the deciding factor.

https://x.com/VerdictMMA/status/1748957836401328302?s=20

I hate to break it to you, but fights are scored on a round by round basis and it shows Sean clearly winning two of them and edging out two more as well. Know that would help your case? Nothing. As you are trying to throw something that says Sean won 4-1 in my face. Another fail, lol.

Sean needs to learn how to throw a damn combo, for fuck sake. He plays it to safe.

No chance he is ever champ again. Cool guy but his game is very limited.

Sean won the headstrike game by nearly 50 punches. DDP was never hurt, NEITHER was Sean. Blood doesn't mean someones winning, it means someones bleeding you dolt. Sean easily won that, it was a robbery, they showed South African people BEFORE the decision was announced, what a fucking TERRIBLE LIE. Lame ass, and people pretending here that Sean actually lost a fight he outstriked. DDP did NOTHING with takedowns. Sean never conceded, laid on his back, there was 0 guard, 0 side control, 0 mount, there was 0 ground game. That was fucking dumb as shit

I get you're mad your guy lost but that's not what a "robbery" is.

Face damage roughly equal- DPP had a lump or two vs a cut or two on Strickland. DPP scored a bunch of takedowns. DPP landed a few combos. Strickland a few nice single punches. DPP landed a bunch more kicks and seemed to be moving Strickland around with Strickland barely managing to "keep him off" for the last 3 rounds.

Looked like a DPP win to me. Stronger in the last 4 rounds. Maybe Strickland took one. But not two more.

That's not a "robbery" mate. Win event went the way I saw it. That's called a closeish fight. Can't be a robbery either way.

You are not a good poster.
Sorry I don't spend all day shit posting
I hate to break it to you, but fights are scored on a round by round basis and it shows Sean clearly winning two of them and edging out two more as well. Know that would help your case? Nothing. As you are trying to throw something that says Sean won 4-1 in my face. Another fail, lol.

You really think judges sit there and check mark out the exact number of strikes each person throws like a video game? No. Its also impossible for a judge to tell who is landed the harder shots unless its something visible. Its obvious that DDP landed the harder shots and Strickland landed more shots, but they weren't as significant because they were jabs.

Round 3 could have basically gone either way, which is why you get 48-47 split decision. But keep telling yourself whatever you want. I don't care.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back