Media UFC 298 Press Conference Discussion Thread

Did seem a bit that way.

I think with all the fuss from UFC he might have assumed the crowd would be behind him.

He seemed a little out of sorts by the end.

I don't think it will effect his performance in cage though
yea I don't think either of em are effected mentally from all this.

Well thank god for that

Topuria was completely ouf of touch the entire press conference lol

Kudos for trying to sell the fight though, but he failed miserably. Luckily the fight and card sells itself easily.

To be fair he's against a fan favorite and not speaking his native language, I'll cut him some slack.

To be fair he's against a fan favorite and not speaking his native language, I'll cut him some slack.
I would too if he didn't try to copy Conor too much. That came across as not creative at all to me

yea that was very cringy but its his second language and he is trying. he also has no losses that explains the confidence

Much as I hate to admit it, that is Conor's game, and he advanced the sport's popularity more than anyone else.

Guys like Strickland are cheap parodies of Conor. Eight of the top ten UFC PPVs were Conor. He will never be a legend with his fighting, and it is amazing how many people like to see someone act like that. Nevertheless, it isn't realistic to act like anyone else in the UFC is in the same ballpark commercially.

And Conor is a wannabe Chael. Strickland hasn’t been around as long and he’s even better on the mic than Conor.
You gotta be kidding right? People can love Sean's straightforward approach and all that shit but he sounds like a retard on the mic

Ya its not gonna work when Ilia is less known and Volk speaks better English than him.

The 2nd point is a huge difference. Conor speaks better English than Aldo

Back