UFC Fight Night: Brunson vs. Till

ended up taping this whole card which is very rare recently lol. My thoughts on the rest of the fights:

Jordain/Erosa: Straight pass for me. Anything could happen here. Erosa is chinny yes but he has big size and reach advantage. He also said he would grapple which could be a troll, but if he does its a good pathway for him. Jordain is still green and not worth the price tag. Don't like any of the props either. Maybe live bet Jordain because he starts slow and turns it on late? Who knows.

Shore/Ludovic: Have just over a unit on over 1.5 rounds at 1.44. Thought that was pretty generous, Shore usually does his work late. Ludovic seems like a decent grappler, although not very athletic. He has never been finished and seems tough. He has his back taken in the third on Tuf and reversed it fine. Also Ricky couldn't really get much offense going in the grappling. I am not hammering it because there is lots of unknowns still. Ludovic gives me an overrated vibe and it is short notice, but Shore has had the backs of worse grapplers and they have made it to the next round. Was looking at maybe DEC or Sub prop, but don't want to be guessing.

Molly/Kim: Man was I excited for this fight, I'm seeing 'touts' laying multiple units on either side. For Kim, the argument is she has 10inches of reach which is huge, and for some reason, you just have to fade Molly. Molly's argument is she can wrestle, and Kim has been taken down by rubbish fighters like Kassem and looked like a turtle in round 3 against Grasso. The way I see it is Kim is going to give Molly a boxing match. She doesn't kick she doesn't grapple. She is a walking punching back and lacks volume. Her best win is Kassem, her other 2 wins are split decisions to Fabian ( lol ) and Kisch. Lost to Shevchenko and Pudilova. She has good power for a woman and nice straight punches, but Molly has good head movement and is great at getting into the pocket and landing looping punches. Everyone has a reach advantage over Molly, but she has only lost to grapplers so far in the UFC. She was out striking Santos who is a big and athletic girl with great striking, Santos had to grapple to win. She rocked Lipski who also has no HM but is explosive and dangerous in first. Odds are correct in my opinion, if Molly has some success wrestling then she could look like a bargain, but its low lvl WMMA. I have the tiniest sprinkle on Molly DEC, should probably cash out, but at least I know she will fight for my money and will get a boxing match.

Luigi/Pimblett: First time taping Piblett properly, I am not impressed. Kid seems like the definition of sub or bust. I understand the hype because he's is from England and his grappling is exciting and aggressive, everyone loves finishes. Also have to respect the slick back takes, bit similar to Shore, always finds a way there effortlessly. If he dosent get the sub though his cardio seems average, striking defense is atrocious and so is his offense. Wrestling seems underwhelming too although he has some tricky ways to get the fight down early. I wish there was more footage of Luigi, because I would be hammering him at this price. I know he is a blackbelt, I consider him to have better cardio, standup, way more power and better wrestling. I just dont know how he handles being on bottom or having his back taken. I mean there's a high chance he survives, few people have against Pimblett, and at that point I favour Luigi. I have half a unit on Luigi at 2.40, not sure if I will keep it. Live bet could be the safe option.

Khalil/Bukaskas: Biggest pass on the card lol. You cant trust Bukaskas as a favourite, and if you play Khalil you will be pulling your hair out watching him lose a dec unless he gets a KO. I have 0.2u to win a unit on Khalil in round 1. Not sure if I will keep it, I just thought odds were way too wide, and im getting Razak v Di Chirico vibes. Id like to see the weigh in before making decision, Khalil had a bit of loose skin around the abdomen last fight.

Aspinal/Spivak: Think the line is wide here. Got it nice and early at 3.40 before it closed in. Only have a sprinkle, im worried about that first round as there is a massive speed and athletism advantage for Aspinal. Spivak seems like a fighter that will grapple sooner if he needs to. Only ground footage I have seen of Aspinal is 2015 where Austin took him down with easy for 2 rounds. He got instant doubles, easy judo trips and he was the much smaller man. He then proceeded to get heel hooked pretty easy for my liking. Anyway, that was a long time ago, I have seen him slow down against Andrei and was getting tagged until he went for a takedown. What if he is on his back straight away in the first and has to work his way up? If Spivak doesn't get sparked early then the line will for sure be wide.

Going to add my notes here, not really written up in an easy to read way, it's just the notes I wrote for myself after tape.

Luidvick/Shore- Lud great transitions, automatically switches to the back take favours getting to the back over anything else, will always look to transition there, will shoot a low double just to get a hold of opponents and then stands and spins to the back in a fluid motion, good control from the back, slick game on the mat all round. Poor striking defence, gets hit with a lot, only throws two strikes really, the jab and the one two, will double the jab, fairly good with it but then the follow up right hand is usually over thrown, eats a lot of shots, easy to counter and will call on striking exchanges that he isn't winning, seems tough and will fight through bad positions, doesn't seem to quit, can take damage but could wilt under sustained pressure, definitely prefers to lead and is much less effective when backed up

Shore - Plays a very simular game, all be it more polished and controlled and composed, striking is focused around the jab and the one two, but does kick a little more, to the calf and occasionally goes high. Will pressure with the jab to work his way in and then shoot low, and transition to the back, ultimately wants the back with the body triangle or wants to have a hook in against the cage and be between the back and the side so he can ground and pound. Stronger than he looks, good gas and sticks to the game plan, has a goal of keeping the pressure on, wearing away at his opponent and eventually making them collapse where he will work from the top.

Think this can be some what competitive, but short notice for Lud, and I feel over all he is a step behind Shore more or less across the board.

Decent chance this plays out mostly striking and cage pushing.

Like overs, like Shore 3/decision, like Lud at a crazy price.

Rojo/Martinez - Roja great clinch knees to the body and head, actively looks for them but is always sure to land them on any break, basic boxing, paws with the left and looks to fire the right over hand, works his way into range with pawing left, low kicks and body kicks, wants to lead, wants to pressure. Weak TDD, weak ground game, looks like he drowns on bottom, but definitely not a quitter.

Martinez - pumps that jab, works everything off of the jab, establishes it and works it over and over, good front kicks to the body, low kicks there too, kicks to the body too. Doesn't mix things up much, not a lot of variety, if the jab isn't there he struggles to find an alternative. Very focused game, doesn't turn up the pace unless he's seeing the finish, feel he needs to find a flow or he will have a fairly disjointed performance.

Like overs, like GTD, lean Martinez current price accurate, Rojo at +135/140 would be a play. Live bet Rojo if Martinez can't establish the jab, or if Rojo is finding a way in with the clinch knees

Erosa/Jourdain - Erosa attrition fighter, constant pressure constant work rate, essentially looks to out last his opponents and wear them down over the course of rounds, builds momentum as his opponent slows, lots of volume but everything is low power slapply punches from the hip, very few straight shots more 'swinging a shopping bag' style. Uses the front kick and lead knee here and there but could go to them more, has a poor TDD, will throw subs up from his back but isn't strong on the ground, takedowns are a bit of a game killer for Erosa as they take away all the momentum he's built and then he has to ramp back up again. Gets hit twice as much as he lands, and has a poor chin. A draining style, if you let him build you find yourself suddenly getting swamped. Doesn't take full advantage of his length, not enough straight punches doesn't have a snapping jab, everything is from the hip and he will often lead with his head. Great cardio, just keeps a pace and volume that many can't, a 'Diaz' style in a sense. More body, more knees, more front kicks would all benefit him.

Jourdain - Steady pace, good cardio, very durable, a good all rounder but doesn't stand out any where in terms of his technical abilities, fairly by the books striking, not a wrestler or grappler, has some power in his hands and body kicks, think he will beat Erosa to the punch early and could define hurt him. Not strong off of his back and can be stalled out there at times.

Line is wide, but Erosa coming off a KO loss and has big chin issues generally would need to walk through a lot of damage early and Jourdain may not even slow still. If Erosa can establish his pressure and pace early he will takeover, but if he takes too long to find a rhythm the fight will get away from him.

Erosa ML, Jourdain KO? Erosa sub/decision, fight doesn't go the distance

His cardio is pretty bad though.

There's a decent chance he gets Spivak out of there in round 1, but if he doesn't, he fades in every fight. I'm looking to live bet Spivak after r1, and I'm playing Spivak r3 as well.

I haven't placed a bet on the ME yet despite breaking it down, one of the reasons why is I started taping Paddy and he really isn't that good at all. His striking is just a level above Chase Hooper's, and Luigi is a tough test for him.

Luigi sub +1000 is fucking value, ITD +400, and his ML @ +125 are all plays I will confidently make. It's crazy if you actually sit down and tape Paddy, he's 2-1 in the last 3 years, and was submitted Stevie Ray in a grappling bout.

All of his fights are available on fight pass, the UFC is definitely pushing this guy, but Luigi has the better striking, and his strength of schedule is so much better than Paddy's.
Most of his fights end in round 1 and beginning of round 2 , can you point to which fight specifically you are referencing?

There is a total of about 25 mins of footage out there for Luigi and Paddy has fought a total of 5 minutes in the last 3 years.

I don't see how people have such strong opinions on this fight either way

Jonathan Martinez (138)* vs. Marcelo Rojo (135.5)

opponents-derek-brunson-and-darren-till-of-england-face-off-during-picture-id1338098059

opponents-tom-aspinall-of-england-and-sergey-spivak-of-the-ukraine-picture-id1338098087

opponents-alex-morono-and-david-zawada-of-germany-face-off-during-the-picture-id1338098114

opponents-modestas-bukauskas-of-lithuania-and-khalil-rountree-face-picture-id1338098154

opponents-paddy-pimblett-of-england-and-luigi-vendramini-of-brazil-picture-id1338098172

opponents-molly-mccann-of-england-and-ji-yeon-kim-of-south-korea-face-picture-id1338098337

opponents-jack-shore-of-wales-and-liudvik-sholinian-of-the-ukraine-picture-id1338098418

opponents-julian-erosa-and-charles-jourdain-of-canada-face-off-during-picture-id1338098506

opponents-dalcha-lungiambula-of-the-congo-and-marcandr-barriault-of-picture-id1338098512

opponents-jonathan-martinez-and-marcelo-rojo-of-argentina-face-off-picture-id1338098515

Last edited:
I think the over has to be the best play on Liudvik/Shore. Liudvik kinda zombied his way through his TUF fights and was generally very sloppy. His toughness is his biggest strength. He's not gonna win but should survive for a while at least.

I think the over has to be the best play on Liudvik/Shore. Liudvik kinda zombied his way through his TUF fights and was generally very sloppy. His toughness is his biggest strength. He's not gonna win but should survive for a while at least.

He's gonna have Shore as a backpack for as long as he lasts.

Seeing this prop - Brunson to get a takedown in the first minute of rd 1 and Till to win in the last minute of rd 1 at +6000. That... actually sounds like it could happen?

Till actually doesn't look good tbh

He looks noticeably softer than any other weigh in/face off I've seen him, bordering on skinnyfat

Bovada. Threw $5 on it, why not

Oh I love the bet I just didn't know books were so wacky.
I need a new one I guess. I've been limited everywhere, I don't think bovada will let me sign up either as I live in NY

I could have sworn Dalcha Lungiambula just lost to Jun Yong Park... Turns out that was Tafon Nchukwi... I was shocked when I saw the weigh ins today

<6>

Martinez fight is cancelled after his weight miss. He looked utter shit and seems he had complications.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back