UFC Fight Night - Gane vs Volkov - Official Discussion

Does he even care anymore?

He looked utterly disinterested and a shell of himself in his last fight vs Hill. Basically he leaned back against the cage and waited to be KO'd.
Yea he’s usually not. Not something I would bet on that’s for sure. Just something to keep in mind if buying boser at a high price.

I was looking at -170 yesterday. The opener at near evens was great

he’s at -155 now. I’ll bite

I cant imagine anybody putting faith in OSP at this point in time. The guy is clearly fighting for a paycheque. Low volume, bad cardio. I'm actually kinda pissed Grishin pulled out, I had him +100 should have been fairly easy for him. OSP is so goddamn inconsistent, why bet on fighters like that? I get that Boser is also very limited offensively and untrustworthy himself but nothing from OSPs last fights inspires any confidence on him whatsoever.

OSP has had bad cardio for a while now tbh. Waiting for the ko or some weird one off submission has been his thing for sometime. Don't know why I expect Boser to outstrike him fairly easily

Kennedy, Dalby, Herbert, Ike, Jaynes, Pineda all seem like potentially playable dogs.

Kennedy, Dalby, Herbert, Ike, Jaynes, Pineda all seem like potentially playable dogs.
Don't know about Jaynes. The only time he's gotten stopped came against Burgos and even that wasn't the best of stoppages, Jaynes is also a one-dimensional guy with a Baroni-like gas tank.

I can see why you'd side with Ike, but man, Prachnio has no business losing to someone like him.

Really feel like I might be missing something with Herbert in this matchup, and I picked him against Trinaldo. Maybe I'm overrating Moicano.

Side note: how do you guys feel about Medeiros against Hadzovic? On paper that seems like a firefight in the making, and Yancy has thrived in those instances before.

Side note: how do you guys feel about Medeiros against Hadzovic? On paper that seems like a firefight in the making, and Yancy has thrived in those instances before.
I had fdgtd the first time before it was rescheduled. Betting on violence either of them can die.

Don't know about Jaynes. The only time he's gotten stopped came against Burgos and even that wasn't the best of stoppages, Jaynes is also a one-dimensional guy with a Baroni-like gas tank.

I can see why you'd side with Ike, but man, Prachnio has no business losing to someone like him.

Really feel like I might be missing something with Herbert in this matchup, and I picked him against Trinaldo. Maybe I'm overrating Moicano.

I dont want to be too mean but not sure if Prachnio should be favored vs anyone.

I think Yancy rolls easily here. My favorite dog this week

I think Yancy rolls easily here. My favorite dog this week

Long layoff for both, IDK.

Weird fight to bet. Yancy a live dog for sure, I like the play but it's a fight where nothing would surprise me. **Should** be fireworks and Yancy thrives in those type fights more often than not but sometimes the ones we expect to be bangers end up as duds. Esp like I said with the long layoff for both guys.

But yeah I do like the bet of Yancy at dog odds since I'd probably make him a very slight favorite.

Short Notice:
Kennedy Nzechukwu in for Ed Herman (1 win) vs. Danilo Marques - 1 week notice
Tanner Boser in for Maxim Grishin (1 loss) vs. Ovince Saint Preux - 2 days notice
Jeremiah Wells in for Ramazan Emeev (2 wins) vs. Warlley Alves - 0 days notice

Fight camps:

Ciryl Gane vs. Alexander Volkov - 8+ weeks
Tanner Boser vs. Ovince Saint Preux - OSP 8+ weeks
Kennedy Nzechukwu vs. Danilo Marques - Marques 8+ weeks
Andre Fili vs. Daniel Pineda - 1.5 weeks
Tim Means vs. Nicolas Dalby - Dalby 3 weeks, Means 4 weeks
Renato Moicano vs. Jai Herbert - 8+ weeks
Raoni Barcelos vs. Timur Valiev - 8+ weeks
Shavkat Rakhmonov vs. Michel Prazeres - 8+ weeks
Warlley Alves vs. Jeremiah Wells - Alves 8+ weeks
Marcin Prachnio vs. Ike Villanueva - 6 weeks
Julia Avila vs. Julija Stoliarenko - 1.5 weeks
Charles Rosa vs. Justin Jaynes - 8+ weeks
Yancy Medeiros vs. Damir Hadzovic - (8+ weeks rebooked)

I will be on Volk. Not sure why some are so confident on Gane. One Fighter he fought is no longer with the UFC organization and that's because he was already having a losing streak. Volk has fought the better competition.
I am already seeing some predictions online how Gane will beat up Volk with a 3rd ko. I would be careful on those kind of lines.
Volk isn't washed up yet as a fighter i see him being disrespected a little here but we shall see.

Last edited:
Not going to be too active on this event, but I’m parlaying Rakmonov and Avila.

Prazeres has too much going against him between his age, the layoff, and his predictability. Throw that against a talented, experienced young finisher, no thanks. For Stoliarenko, her struggles with the weight cut make me doubt she’ll be able to impose her will on Avila, who has been preparing for this bout for a long time when you include the camp leading up to their cancelled fight.

I will be on Volk. Not sure why some are so confident on Gane. One Fighter he fought is no longer with the UFC organization and that's because he was already having a losing streak. Volk has fought the better competition.
I am already seeing some predictions online how Gane will beat up Volk with a 3rd ko. I would be careful on those kind of lines.
Volk isn't washed up yet as a fighter i see him being disrespected a little here but we shall see.
While I do agree that Volkov is a good test for Gane, I don't follow your logic. I mean, we can play the same game with Alex's last two wins - Harris was coming off a loss heading into his fight with Volkov and very recently gave up after failing to finish Tybura with a flurry, and Overeem also got released after his fight with Volkov.

No matter which way you cut it Gane's performance against Jair was stellar. The guy outclassed a seasoned striker that had way more experience in KB and MMA than him. I favor him against Volkov simply because he's yet to look flat and has enough size himself to challenge him in the range department.

I have no issue favoring Gane, but I'm curious if anyone feels the 8 fights in comparison to 41 is a concern? Does it concern anyone this is possibly a bigger test than what we're willing to admit?

I give Volkov credit for reinventing himself after the Blaydes loss. His first level TD defense seems slightly better as well.

I have no issue favoring Gane, but I'm curious if anyone feels the 8 fights in comparison to 41 is a concern? Does it concern anyone this is possibly a bigger test than what we're willing to admit?

I give Volkov credit for reinventing himself after the Blaydes loss. His first level TD defense seems slightly better as well.
It definitely could come into play, but at the same time Volkov's game centers around the one thing that Gane has been doing the longest - striking. I'll have tp watch some tape, but I'm not too keen on Alex's chances based off the speed difference between the two and the fact that he's very hittable.

Maybe Volkov's kicks will make a huge difference, who knows.

Theres an angle to the Gane/Volkov fight that I see a lot of folks missing.

Look at Ganes "kickboxing career". He started training muy thai in 2015 after a friend of his from school (furniture school) mentioned it. Two years later a 2-0 Gane knocked out Brice Guidon under kickboxing rules. Guidon was a 6"6 GLORY vet with a win over Rico Verhoeven. A 2-0 muy thai fighter who only began training two years prior and had never fought under kickboxing rules had no business in the ring with Guidon let alone knocking the guy out.

Later that year a 5-0 Gane defeated Yassine Boughanem under muy thai rules, who was for a while from 2018-2020 the #1 ranked Super HW muy thai fighter in the world. Boughanem has won thirteen of his last fourteen fights, his only loss in that span was to Gane. This is a guy with 136 wins, 89 KOs, and most of his recent wins have been over UFC/Bellator/GLORY washouts (so not exactly nobodies). Again, Gane in theory should not have been able to beat this guy, but he still did despite the wide disparity in experience.

Now I am not saying anyone should bet Gane, far from it, but anyone betting on Volkov solely because of a supposed edge in experience should take a step back and reexamine that wager.

None of Ganes wins makes sense in theory so trying to handicap a Gane/Volkov fight purely off of the normal logic/fundamentals one would apply is pointless; because we would have had him losing every single fight of his combat sports career and he remains undefeated.

Last edited:
Back