UFC Fight Night: The Korean Zombie vs Ige

You guys think Parisian is worth it at those odds? Roque isn't any good at all just tough, but Josh managed to lose to Parker Porter of all people.

I don't like betting fighters that are inefficient with their energy. Maybe Parisian lands some spinning shit and hurt Roque, he does have a considerable size advantage. Roque is a durable guy with a lot of heart and decent cardio for a fatty. I think he has a speed advantage over Parisian too.

I haven't watched any tape this is just what i remember off the top of my head.

I don't like betting fighters that are inefficient with their energy. Maybe Parisian lands some spinning shit and hurt Roque, he does have a considerable size advantage. Roque is a durable guy with a lot of heart and decent cardio for a fatty. I think he has a speed advantage over Parisian too.

I haven't watched any tape this is just what i remember off the top of my head.
I agree with what you said, maybe I'll put a little on Roque after watching some of their fights.

I think you are spot on here, O'neill is really gritty and relentless, that first round vs Dobson was just at a crazy pace, and she kept it up in round 2. Procopio is rather short and small imo. O'neill should have the strength advantage here.
Anybody found tape of O'Neill against Miki Motono? From what I see I don't feel like betting her here. O'Neill definitely has the advantage in the physical attributes, but her skill level is still low. Good enough for Dobson, but not sure if that just being aggressive will work against Procopio. She does train at tiger muay thai so she will have improved a bit.

Last edited:
I've gone Oleinik here against Spivak mostly because Spivak doesn't seem to be a big enough puncher to test Oleiniks suspect chin but also because of how he was handled by Tybura. A big reach advantage for Oleinik I feel should help him stay on the outside long enough to engage safely into the clinch.

I'm also liking Esposa here. Not particularly impressed with the quality of the opponent's Choi has beaten since joining the UFC and I like Esposas experience and recent win streak here

You guys think Parisian is worth it at those odds? Roque isn't any good at all just tough, but Josh managed to lose to Parker Porter of all people.
I think Porter would beat Roque too..Parisian had a lot of hype around him and I'm still not sure why, but he believed it and looked pretty shitty iirc but this seems like a fight he can and should win..physical advantages are pretty significant 5'10/ 244/ 72 reach vs 6'4/ 265/ 79 reach

Roberts pulled out of the Means fight, so there goes one of the dogs I fancied. Probably for the best, hah.
I think Porter would beat Roque too..Parisian had a lot of hype around him and I'm still not sure why, but he believed it and looked pretty shitty iirc but this seems like a fight he can and should win..physical advantages are pretty significant 5'10/ 244/ 72 reach vs 6'4/ 265/ 79 reach
The hype was probably because of all of his appearances in CS, think he was an underdog against Rebello when he finished him, for whatever reason.

You might be right, but that size advantage might lead to him trying to force a finish and gassing, again. He's a very flashy guy despite his size.

there is no way she wins, ive always thought she was not a ufc caliber fighter yet, Procopio is black belt legit and good boxing.casey doesn't have an edge in this fight.
Ok you seem very sure of it, I guess you are betting Procopio big? I am not too impressed with Procopio, don't you think she is a bit undersized?

Ok you seem very sure of it, I guess you are betting Procopio big? I am not too impressed with Procopio, don't you think she is a bit undersized?
she had a few fights at BW and looked quite big compared to Molly. Sure she isn't as tall and lanky as O'Neil, wouldn't say she is undersized by any means though.

Watch her fight with Karol Rose that went to a split dec; and her last fight she showed good boxing. She also isn’t just a black belt, she is a 6x champion in brazil, she won black belt bjj tournaments. This is Casey’s biggest strength is her grappling, but she is going to try and out grapple a higher credential grappler?

Casey has a two inch reach and height advantage but its really not that big a gap. Procopio at less than -150 is a steal here. Casey’s majority fights took place under her father’s promotion. I think Procopio will finish the fight, she is far more combat tested here. This is a step high caliber fight for Casey but not for Procopio.

O'Neil has bad striking defense as well, it's why I played Dobson small. She eats shots to close the distance, she is very relentless with her clinching and takedowns. Think this comes down to who you think is better on the ground.

Lara is a black belt, she has better control by a bit in my opinon. O'Neil dosent stop with her ground and pound, but she loses position a bit with how aggressive she is with it. I need to look into tape off their back. Both have average wrestling

You are preaching to a choir of idiots.

Everything you are saying is true, but if people in this thread want to be lazy or are objectively just stupid let them do as they wish since you are not telling them anything they could not have seen for themselves if they bothered to watch a few fights of both women.

There are also people in this thread saying Procopio, the 135er pre UFC (and in her first UFC fight), is smaller than O'Neil the 115er prior to the UFC.

If folks don't even care enough to get the weight classes right what's the point in explaining to them Procopio is a lifelong BJJ practitioner that has the highest SLPM in her division.

I've gone Oleinik here against Spivak mostly because Spivak doesn't seem to be a big enough puncher to test Oleiniks suspect chin but also because of how he was handled by Tybura. A big reach advantage for Oleinik I feel should help him stay on the outside long enough to engage safely into the clinch.

I'm also liking Esposa here. Not particularly impressed with the quality of the opponent's Choi has beaten since joining the UFC and I like Esposas experience and recent win streak here

I think you're placing a lot of faith in the chin of a 43 year old who has been TKO'd his past two fights. Spivak should be more than capable of finishing Oleinik. From his Instagram, it looks like Spivak's been in the same training camp as Volkov as he prepares for Gane, they're in pictures together from May 4 and May 21.

I agree on Erosa though, Choi couldn't even finish one of the can Mokhtarian brothers.

Oleinik actually looks good for round one. But i agree with you on Spivak. The other way that this fight match could end up going is through a Decision. This fight might only go to ITD if Oleinik sub Spivak. But after Oleinik lost i am not sure if i can trust him.

Maybe after that loss Oleinik can be a bit motivated.

thanks to you and @Sadistics . Its what I needed to see to pass on the shitshow
Yeah, after watching it the other day I could see how Turdman could pick up a W. Still, I'm banking on the fact that he couldn't finish one of the worst grapplers at MW in Karl Roberson.

This card has the potential to host a bunch of ugly fights if everything lines up correctly.

I think you're placing a lot of faith in the chin of a 43 year old who has been TKO'd his past two fights. Spivak should be more than capable of finishing Oleinik. From his Instagram, it looks like Spivak's been in the same training camp as Volkov as he prepares for Gane, they're in pictures together from May 4 and May 21.

I agree on Erosa though, Choi couldn't even finish one of the can Mokhtarian brothers.

TKO yes but by Derrick Lewis and Chris Daukaus both of whom are big punchers with solid KO power. I don't see that from Spivak who's big wins have come via outgrappling the likes of Vanderaa and Tuivasa both of whom have zero grappling. The moment he went up against someone with a solid grappling (Tybura) he was heavily dominated. At +270 I think it's a good bet although admittedly I haven't taped his fight with Felipe so not sure if that fight showed any improvement in his stand up

Back