UFC Fight Night: Thompson Vs. Neal

i think pereira absolutely clowns khaos williams if he can avoid getting starched in the first few minutes. betting market overrates early knockouts imo.

I don't trust Pereira yet, dude gassed hard and lost to an absolute bum just a year ago. He's very flashy, but hasn't had great results yet.

I don't trust Pereira yet, dude gassed hard and lost to an absolute bum just a year ago. He's very flashy, but hasn't had great results yet.

i read more into his recent performance against imadaev. he can fight fundamentally when he wants to, clearly.

i read more into his recent performance against imadaev. he can fight fundamentally when he wants to, clearly.

It was also a perfect matchup for him, Imadaev is a slow one dimensional boxer. Khaos has much more speed and has the tools to make this an ugly grind fest.

I think this one should be a pick em

Last edited:
It was also a perfect matchup for him, Imadaev is a slow one dimensional boxer. Khaos has much more speed and has the tools to make this an ugly grind fest.

I think this one should be a pick em
-120 to +100 is pretty close to a pickem

you also would have to ignore khaos regional tape to cap this as a pick em

What did Jamie picket do to the ufc that they made his first fight be against nchukwi? Poor guy

-120 to +100 is pretty close to a pickem

you also would have to ignore khaos regional tape to cap this as a pick em

Close but not something I would put money on. I'd like to get Khaos at +120, possibly Pereira at -110.

Fight is an absolute banger that I may have to end up passing on.

Yeah I cashed out of my WB -120 bet hoping to get better odds in a few days.

"Pettis ko'd WB so Neal can too"

Oh you naive fools.

Pick'em now, Neal will close the favourite I expect

What did Jamie picket do to the ufc that they made his first fight be against nchukwi? Poor guy
Whats the deal with nchukwi, does he gave an extensive kickboxing/muy thai background?

He did look good on dwc beating some bum.

I can't remember the last time I was this intrigued with so many lines on 1 card...

- Marlon Vera 2.30 - I mean, I know that if you do MMA x's and o's, Aldo can still go toe-to-toe with anyone who isn't a champion. But how will he bounce back after the beating Yan gave him? I just can't shake the feeling that Aldo will get worn out and stopped late in the fight. I want no part of Aldo as a favourite at this point in his career, let alone against a wild man who will bring the heat. Vera also took no damage in his last fight. I'd expect him to come in fresh and focused.

- Wonderboy pick'em - WTF? What am I missing here? I know Neal is dangerous, but eyes closed, I would definitely not have handicapped this fight as a pick 'em.

- Tybura 2.00 - This is an easy one for me. I liked how Tybura looked against Rothwell. Hardy has never impressed me.

- Rob Font 2.30 - Moraes is looking very human these days. I like Font with his height/reach and cardio advantage.

- Michel Pereira - This fight is truly a coin flip. From limited sample size I lean toward Pereira as the more technical striker so I lean in this direction at the moment.

I'm tempted to auto-fade Pettis and Glenn. In what parallel universe should they be such big favs?

Whats the deal with nchukwi, does he gave an extensive kickboxing/muy thai background?

From what I can tell he didn't even have any martial arts background till a few years ago. He said in an interview he started training from a 30 day free trial ad at an MMA gym.

He's being hyped up as the next Francis Ngannou. He surely has power and has a decent enough win over William Knight. But I don't trust him yet. Pickett hasn't been knocked out since an amateur bout in 2009 and seems much more well rounded. I wouldn't lay juice on this guy till he proves himself more.

Does Vera really bring the heat though? He's looked alright but I don't think he's top ten or anything. He could beat Aldo but what is his path to victory, out kickboxing him? That's a tough match up in a three rounder even now. I do think Aldo is in a steep decline, don't like that he's continuing to cut to BW and I don't like that he's coming off of that Yan beat down too, but style for style I'd favour Aldo.

I'm just not sure if Aldo is another aged faded Brazilian legend ready to be put out to pasture like Jacare and JDS, he will look slow, he will lack volume, he will lack urgency if things aren't going his way, but Chito just hasn't really impressed me.

Good main event, biggest bet of the night to say goodbye to the year, so glad there are so many fights booked after suffering through months of short cards and canceled action

the more tape I watch on neal the less impressed I am. Wonderboy should roll here even in a small cage.

Enjoying listen to James Lynch since he interviews a ton of fighters, sharing in case you want to listen to something

Tybura just turned to the underdog now in my bookie. I don't understand.
I think because with all the new bettors, they google the names and go off that. Marcin Tybura has a unassuming body type. Kinda fat even.
marcin-tybura-serghei-spivac-ufc-on-espn-plus-27-1.jpg

Whereas if you google Hardy, all you see is this giant black dude with douchey tribal tats. Greg def has a punchers chance and has a good team behind him.

I wish Font was more active, year between fights is a regular thing for him.

I think he has the tools to beat Marlon but Marlon may just be too quick and too athletic for him.

Font has a nice snappy front kick, good knees up the middle and obviously the jab is excellent, nice one two as well.

If he can handle the speed, ride the wave of the first round and come out of it without getting lead leg destroyed and keeping his head on his shoulders I think he can give Marlon some problems. He needs to apply some pressure and not hesitate, small mistakes will definitely cost him.

Also, even though I do personally rate them, a lot of people do discount Marlons quick KO finishes in the UFC as flukes rather then skilled performances. Take away the 'fluke' Aljo and Riviera wins and possibly the gilly on Assuncao in the second fight and you're left with 3 split decisions and two beat downs

Font seems to blow the step up every time though, hmm

Last edited:
Font seems to blow the step up every time though, hmm

That's what has me hesitant. He looks like an absolute killer in most of his wins. But whenever he's fought a legit contender he's dropped the ball pretty hard.

Back