UFC FOX 22 - PVS vs Waterson - Sacramento

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I'm pointing out most of us do it at times.
Confidence level varies so it's normal. I felt the same way about Pettis chances of beating Holloway last week, but didn't express it like I am here cause everyone was on Holloway. Now I'm all alone :(

It's all a guess, albeit an educated one LOL.

You have to keep in mind, I'm not ONLY talking about Gall's grappling skills. I'm ALSO talking about Sage's lack of them. It's a bad combination for Sage if this thing hits the mat.
I'll be convinced Sage is in trouble with top position when I see it. You're assuming one side, im assuming the other basically.

I'm a little surprised the Aldana/Smith over is as high as it is. All of Aldana's wins are first round finishes and she's never been to decision. IMO she's the hardest hitting WMMA fighter right now, after PEDborg and maybe first-round Nunes. She's getting seriously thick muscles-wise right now too. Sure Lesley is tough-ish but she's a slow, toughish, 125lbs fighter. Aldana's last fight was a 1st round TKO over a slow, tough (Maori!) 145lbs fighter. I think if Smith makes it to round 3 she's done very well...

I'm going to bet all my Gambling account monies this Christmas on my Waifu and breadwinner Irene while I sit at the computer downing Tequila and munching Burritos all day like the man of the house she's working hard for. Just need to decide the ratio of ML (1.40 is actually pretty good) to ITD (u2.5 is about 2.50 right now, so I guess Irene ITD will be 3.0 or better which is an express trip to Value Town™ chauffeured by Barry himself).

I'm a little surprised the Aldana/Smith over is as high as it is. All of Aldana's wins are first round finishes and she's never been to decision. IMO she's the hardest hitting WMMA fighter right now, after PEDborg and maybe first-round Nunes. She's getting seriously thick muscles-wise right now too. Sure Lesley is tough-ish but she's a slow, toughish, 125lbs fighter. Aldana's last fight was a 1st round TKO over a slow, tough (Maori!) 145lbs fighter. I think if Smith makes it to round 3 she's done very well...

I'm going to bet all my Gambling account monies this Christmas on my Waifu and breadwinner Irene while I sit at the computer downing Tequila and munching Burritos all day like the man of the house she's working hard for. Just need to decide the ratio of ML (1.40 is actually pretty good) to ITD (u2.5 is about 2.50 right now, so I guess Irene ITD will be 3.0 or better which is an express trip to Value Town™ chauffeured by Barry himself).
Agree. My play will be Irene KO

Just made a big Aldana ML bet to win 6u...so a massive outlay. i will hedge with les dec. This will be my main play for all of December. I just really believe in Irene ....she is so good.

Why do you resort to pointing out losers someone has had as a means to further your case EVERYTIME you discuss fights with someone? I'm a fucking betting monster and those are facts backed by results so cut the shit

I can't understand the logic of the other side of this one, that is correct. Especially when Gall is the favorite.

My point for saying that was how illogical you can be and stubborn. It wasn't the fact that you made a losing bet, but just how you fail to look at both sides on several occasions. This is one of them.

Your entire argument has been based on "we can't assume Gall's grappling skills will translate over with his inexperience". Ironically, or should I say illogically, your basis for betting Sage is based on making assumptions on Gall's skills NOT translating over. You are telling others not to make assumptions and then you do it yourself.

It's pretty easy to make a strong argument based off of things that have happened rather than going purely off assumption. Sage has shown fairly poor grappling ability. Sage always goes to the ground even when he has a standing advantage. Gall's grappling is solid outside of MMA, and so far, it has looked pretty smooth in MMA. Gall, although inexperienced, has been put in a big fight already with a lot of attention and pressure. From what I've seen of Sage, I'm not seeing improvements in between fights. I don't see how you can disagree with most of that, therefore, it's asinine to fail to see why someone would like Gall here. You may not agree, but to act like those points don't exist is crazy, just like acting like Gall may not have the grappling advantage lol.

And if Sage hits takedowns, somehow Gall winning tournies that are ran every other week means he can sweep Sage? Surely Sage is learning too and isn't just a sitting duck to get swept without controlling from top for a reasonable amount of time

As a guy who has competed in those same tournaments, I think you are underestimating Gall's ground game.

I think the ITD line is going to be fairly playable on Sage/Gall as well. I plan to hit that for sure as Sage's most likely route to victory is an early (T)Ko IMO and Gall's most likely route is a sub or GnP.

My point for saying that was how illogical you can be and stubborn. It wasn't the fact that you made a losing bet, but just how you fail to look at both sides on several occasions. This is one of them.

Your entire argument has been based on "we can't assume Gall's grappling skills will translate over with his inexperience". Ironically, or should I say illogically, your basis for betting Sage is based on making assumptions on Gall's skills NOT translating over. You are telling others not to make assumptions and then you do it yourself.

It's pretty easy to make a strong argument based off of things that have happened rather than going purely off assumption. Sage has shown fairly poor grappling ability. Sage always goes to the ground even when he has a standing advantage. Gall's grappling is solid outside of MMA, and so far, it has looked pretty smooth in MMA. Gall, although inexperienced, has been put in a big fight already with a lot of attention and pressure. From what I've seen of Sage, I'm not seeing improvements in between fights. I don't see how you can disagree with most of that, therefore, it's asinine to fail to see why someone would like Gall here. You may not agree, but to act like those points don't exist is crazy, just like acting like Gall may not have the grappling advantage lol.
Yeah those occurrences aren't often and Cole vs Caceres sure as fuck wasn't one of them.

Illogical? Illogical is assuming Gall even has any skills to compete against regional LWs, nvm a kid in the UFC. The assumptions I'm making are on KNOWNS. Like the amount of much better JJ people having a hard time in MMA, Gall having fought nothing but cans, the favorite being a person you haven't seen do ANYTHING in MMA to warrant being a favorite

Listen, don't try to discredit me with bullshit like "being illogical". This is why no one can discuss fights with you. There's is nothing illogical about betting Sage as a dog here. I'm betting on the guy who actually has legit wins, period. That's never illogical

Lol at still acting like Cole was the right play vs. Caceres as a favorite. That just shows how ridiculous of a person you are. I like how you call out Brick Top for hyperbole when you are the king of it.

As a guy who has competed in those same tournaments, I think you are underestimating Gall's ground game.
I'm not. But when Marcelo Garcia fails at MMA, why are people acting like it's a sure thing this kids skills will just translate to UFC level?

Lol at still acting like Cole was the right play vs. Caceres as a favorite. That just shows how ridiculous of a person you are. I like how you call out Brick Top for hyperbole when you are the king of it.
Im not acting like that, I merely pointed out that wasn't a play I couldn't see the other side on. You are the biggest man child, grow up for god sakes

just watched a bit of tape. i think leslie smith's brawling style is tailor made for aldana's crisp technical boxing. i know it's wmma but i think aldana is a good parlay piece here.

You are the one having a breakdown because people are betting the other side. And anyone with a memory or the ability to go back to the Miller/Caceres discussion can see you not understanding how I saw value in Caceres and kept telling me it didn't make sense. Afterwards, you even said it was just Miller underperforming and we couldn't have known that based on other factors. You are full of shit acting otherwise.

anyone know aldana's reach? can't find any info. i'm guessing it's longer than smith's 66.

You are the one having a breakdown because people are betting the other side. And anyone with a memory or the ability to go back to the Miller/Caceres discussion can see you not understanding how I saw value in Caceres and kept telling me it didn't make sense. Afterwards, you even said it was just Miller underperforming and we couldn't have known that based on other factors. You are full of shit acting otherwise.
A breakdown? Dude I've discussed this fight with mkess in as much depth as possible, I just stand strong on my side. I've said I would cause of how strongly I feel in my argument. Face it, anytime someone discusses fights with you you resort to dumb shit like pointing out their losses. It's stupid, my bankroll reflects nothing but success. I took bets your size and turned it into five figures in one year while you still play with crumbs so cut the shit trying to go there w me like I don't win incredibly consistenly

Yes, so mature. This entire discussion starts with you disrespecting anyone who is betting the other side.

And holy shit at how insecure you must be. I don't think there is anything in this thread where it could be interpreted that I am trying to make you out to be a losing bettor. The only fight I brought up was Miller/Caceres, and I made it very clear to point out it was for the purpose of showing just how stubborn you can be on fights and not because you lost a bet. That's exactly what you are doing here by failing to acknowledge the logic in people betting the other side. There is nothing in here that has me attacking if you are a winning or losing bettor lol.

can you guys take it private? it's fine if you're discussing a fight, but this seems to have devolved into something more personal and it doesn't need to clog up the threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back