UFC Fox 24 - DJ vs Reis - Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you call a retard?
I know that Rashid will win by stoppage.
They guy is a sniper and he also has great wrestling like all Dagi fighters.
Bobby is lost.
I am very confident on this onr
If the odds are right, i will bet rashid by stoppage but right know i am still waiting for bet365 to release everything.
Right now you can just bet on 3 fights.
Bet365 is fucking slow

Surprised Jacare isnt a bigger favourite. Cant see Whitaker winning over 25% of the time.

From the tape on Whittaker he seems to just be training standup and hope for the best... This fight seems crazy. The disparity in wrestling and ground game is so extreme. I think if Whittaker can't find a finish early he is done.

Having said that Whittaker IS good and has the potential to find a r1 finish with his tight standup. I just think Jacare is too tough and too smooth. It is hard to commit to punches when being off balance even for a second can result in being put on your back... My prediction is r1 sub Jacare.

Anyone who played Rashid -250 and worse is a fucking retard who will never be #elite or close to it

I prefer to bet based on reality. And in reality, Rashid finishes no one but Elias Bumverio and will at the very least get out volumed by Green. This fight is alot closer than him being -350
Haha i don't want to be an "Elite" hahaha i just wanna win some money.
It's really silly to yourself "Elite" haha

Haha i don't want to be an "Elite" hahaha i just wanna win some money.
It's really silly to yourself "Elite" haha
My bankroll says being #elite isn't silly, but its rather #glorious

#prosperity #imrichbitch #retardgamblersshouldbekilledandfedtodogs

right now got elliot at 1.58. added him to two of my parlays. fading alcoholic smolka quite hard.

Volkov lost to Cheick Kongo when French was 39 y/o. I don't think that the age will be a problem for Roy. Nelson fought top class fighters and legends. I think he is still got that fire and Volkov is not danger for him at all. Quite confident "Big Country" will win this fight.

Volkov lost to Cheick Kongo when French was 39 y/o. I don't think that the age will be a problem for Roy. Nelson fought top class fighters and legends. I think he is still got that fire and Volkov is not danger for him at all. Quite confident "Big Country" will win this fight.
Kongo's offensive wrestling is much better than Roy's, and hes more athletic. Very different fight

Kongo's offensive wrestling is much better than Roy's, and hes more athletic. Very different fight

Roy KO'd Kongo in the first round. I'm not saying that it is similar fight. My point is that "age" is not a significant factor in this fight. I think Nelson is better fighter overall with a lot of experience.

Age shouldn't be a huge factor for Nelson, let's not pretend he's some sort of athletic fast guy who depends on his physical attributes. He's an overhand right with some decent grappling. I like Volkov but his height and straight up stance certainly leaves him open for the overhand, he was caught flush by Johnson and Nelson has the power to put his lights out.

Not looked too in depth yet but early thoughts so far are....

Cummings vs Coy is tough to call, Coy is relentless and Cummings is poor off his back but Cummings will have the size advantage and his grappling defence is steadily improving. He also has a sneaky front choke game as well as the better striking; right now I'd take Cummings by hard fought decision or to snatch a choke off a tired takedown attempt, may change my opinion after re-watching some fights.

Like Sanchez to beat Smith by decision, just the overall better fighter but has a tendency to slow down.

Tim Elliot to score clinch takedowns en route to a decision or late choke, like a decision though.

Sterling to beat Mendes, being better on the feet, able to stop the takedown and fighting a carefully formulated game plan, again likely a decision.

DuQuesnoy to beat Williams by TKO, if Williams actually uses his wrestling he has a chance of the upset but loves to engage in a firefight so I don't rate his chances.

Nelson to KO Volkov, Volkov is tall, fights upright and has been caught with looping punches before, Nelson has the power to put him away.

Stephens TKO or DEC, wouldn't rule Moicano out if he can avoid the big shots early.

Jacare sub in round 2, think Whittaker stuffs some early takedown attempts and lands some decent shots before eventually succumbing to the takedown and sub.

Namajunas Sub.

Mighty Mouse Decision.

We're like 15 pages deep and I don't see anyone making a case for Reis,

Anyone having a stab?
Mouse's run has to end some time is this the perfect storm,

Anyone having a stab?

I would rated his chances higher until the Sasaki fight; the size and length of Sasaki caused problems for sure but he slowed down pretty hard and I didn't think the fight was that high paced; at least not near the pace MM can push. I think he'll have some success in the scrambles early but after round 2 he'll slow right down and it's MM all day from there.

Anyone having a stab?

I think it just isn't the right time or maybe the right person. We saw MM in trouble vs. Elliot and he didn't crumble...instead he went on to have an amazing performance.

I love dogs but man the price isn't even that good. Reis is +575 so about 6 to 1 odds. If MM fought him 6 times would he win every time - yeah probably.

At heavier weight classes you can count on someone getting clipped but at flyweight it is really hard to wobble or KO someone.

i don't see rashid tapping bobby, definitely not

you mixing up your magomedovs?

rashid has 1 sub win in 21 fights... and bobby hasn't been tapped since 2009 (when he was very "green" on the ground)

Tbh maybe, I mean, theres so many of them now.

I'm more fading Bobby Green than anything else, he's looked pretty defeated as of recent.

Another big point with Nelson/Volkov is the level of competition. Nelson hasn't really had any easy fights. This is the first guy he has fought in a while that isn't a big name or with several fights in the UFC.

The only thing that concerns me about Roy is that he is +40-years old and he's been through the fucking gauntlet. He's taken more damage to his chassis than the last derby car left in a field of fifty. That chin has been tagged countless times and his brain has been rattled more times than dare to know. He does have a nice stylistic MU working for him here against Alexander, but the question becomes what happens if the finish doesn't materialize in the opening 7-minutes of action. That is to say, if Roy is unable to take the Russian to the floor or land the kill shot in the first frame, how much different does the fight look in r2 + r3 with — what I anticipate to be — a decidedly fresher Volkov.

Indeed, in the second and potential third stanza's? I mean, if Roy can't find a home for that sledge hammer right away, Volcok. is going to use his significant height and Rich advantage to sit out on the fringe and potshot Roy with jabs look like I've been shot for my will and harpoon interspersed with a plethora of got busting kicks To his soft underbelly. Indeed, evolve call Ken weather that early storm and remain vertical, he can really turn Roy on the ferry with a basic one, two followed up with heavy knees to the guy from inside the clinch and slicing elbows the curb cut him to shreds ribbons heading into the second round. Of course the second and third round you will have a vastly deteriorated product in Nelson thus opening the door just enough for Volkov to kick it completely off the hinges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back