UFC on ESPN 7 Overeem vs Rozenstruik

Jair can't grapple, went to pieces during his kickboxing career whenever people clinched him (Main reason he never got anywhere overseas since his Dutch style doesn't really build the Muay Thai clinch) and is prettymuch another meme jab KO or bust.

In a way I'm ecstatic Rozen quickly KO'd Arlovski. I can already tell he's going to be overhyped after his back to back finishes and I can get juicy big dog odds on Overeem, the much superior fighter. I'll go heavy on him if he's actually going to be close to +200 range.

I can't back anyone betting Reem here, he will be so defensive and timid and just begging for the clinch. It might be a meme jab but it's still going to drop Reem in the first and leave him drooling

I can't back anyone betting Reem here, he will be so defensive and timid and just begging for the clinch. It might be a meme jab but it's still going to drop Reem in the first and leave him drooling
If Reem ever gets a clinch, takedown or anything else on Rozenstruik he instantly wins the fight. Did deep tape on Rozen's kickboxing for the Arlovski fight and he's not even an especially good striker.

If Reem ever gets a clinch, takedown or anything else on Rozenstruik he instantly wins the fight. Did deep tape on Rozen's kickboxing for the Arlovski fight and he's not even an especially good striker.
See what I mean? The hype is already getting over people's heads. It's going to drive the lines further and give us an even better price on Reem.

See what I mean? The hype is already getting over people's heads. It's going to drive the lines further and give us an even better price on Reem.
62% of people on Tapology think Rozenstruik's gonna win this. It's nuts. He's prettymuch 'KO him in first punching exchange' or bust. Even compared to the Arlovski fight it's an even worse matchup for Jair since Overeem will force clinches and TDs, both of which Jair is completely unequipped to deal with.

62% of people on Tapology think Rozenstruik's gonna win this. It's nuts. He's prettymuch 'KO him in first punching exchange' or bust. Even compared to the Arlovski fight it's an even worse matchup for Jair since Overeem will force clinches and TDs, both of which Jair is completely unequipped to deal with.

Arlovski at least has no fear of engaging, Reem will be terrified... Or he comes with his Francis gameplan and just goes for it

Arlovski at least has no fear of engaging, Reem will be terrified... Or he comes with his Francis gameplan and just goes for it
So long as Reem's not hanging out in the pocket he's fine here. Better distance striking toolkit, and any form of grappling is death for Jair.

Rozenstruik is not even a very good striker. Albini, Arlo and Crowder all made hugely stupid defensive errors. Albini did what he also did with Green where he eats one shot with his chin up then awkwardly stands in front to get teed off on. The latter two dived recklessly face first into the pocket and went down off relatively weak shots, they just couldn't of taken them worse.

Rozen's own defence is plain bad, I'll give him credit for trying to check low kicks but he has zero headmovement, no guard, no footwork. Everything he does is offensive but he also hesitates to pull the trigger and even offensively its nothing amazing, when he lets them go he has alright combos and he feints a bit but thats it. Albini stunned him standing in R1 and the guys been KOd hard by strikers a lot worse than Overeem pre-MMA.

Overeem probably getting slept or KOing Rozen in the first. I will wait for the odds to come out but will be tempted to bet on this if they are decent.

Rather than trying to guess who's going down...why not go with the safer Under 1.5 rounds.

Let's talk about Yana and Ladd. WHY is Ladd such a big fav? I'm all over Yana on this one.

Rozenstruik is not even a very good striker. Albini, Arlo and Crowder all made hugely stupid defensive errors. Albini did what he also did with Green where he eats one shot with his chin up then awkwardly stands in front to get teed off on. The latter two dived recklessly face first into the pocket and went down off relatively weak shots, they just couldn't of taken them worse.

Rozen's own defence is plain bad, I'll give him credit for trying to check low kicks but he has zero headmovement, no guard, no footwork. Everything he does is offensive but he also hesitates to pull the trigger and even offensively its nothing amazing, when he lets them go he has alright combos and he feints a bit but thats it. Albini stunned him standing in R1 and the guys been KOd hard by strikers a lot worse than Overeem pre-MMA.
It's worth noting, though, that we still aren't sure if Ngannou is terrible or not. UFC Heavyweight is such a wasteland that a fraud like Rozen could actually go pretty far. I have played Reem though because even though I usually pick winners, I'm gonna give this whole "value" bullshit a go.

BIg Ben feels like easy money first thought. what does Struve have to offer? Amazingly figures out how to stick and move off his jab? Thoughts.....

I would really not take a bet on Reem even if he switched to the dog, he had to work to beat Olinik, look what young heavy weights are doing to guys like that

I would really not take a bet on Reem even if he switched to the dog, he had to work to beat Olinik, look what young heavy weights are doing to guys like that
Did he? Or did he let Olen blow his wad throwing clinch body shots that achieved nothing then brutally finish him after taking relatively little damage and little risk in the process?

I'm expecting the ending of the fight to be similar to the Pavolich one. Reem on top with sickening thuds raining down Rozenscrub's dome.

Back