UFC on Fox 21: Condit vs Maia - Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well last night's event was the worst one I've had in a while.

That's the way she goes, onto the next one.

I really like Maia here. Condit has notoriously weak TDD, and Maia is a monster at WW when it comes to TD's/grappling. I think this plays out a lot like the Matt Brown fight.

Well last night's event was the worst one I've had in a while.

That's the way she goes, onto the next one.

I really like Maia here. Condit has notoriously weak TDD, and Maia is a monster at WW when it comes to TD's/grappling. I think this plays out a lot like the Matt Brown fight.
Condit will probably have a better game plan and similar if not better BJJ defence. Maia looked tired v Brown in the third and got tagged a couple of times.

Does anyone have Jeremy Kennedy scouted yet? Because I enjoyed Josh Emmett's performance against Jon Tuck last time out.

He was really skilled at sticking and moving. I believe he could pick up some W's in the UFC.

I'm hoping to play him next week but I don't know anything about Kennedy. I'm gonna try and google him but if anyone can present any information on him that would be koo.

Does anyone have Jeremy Kennedy scouted yet? Because I enjoyed Josh Emmett's performance against Jon Tuck last time out.

He was really skilled at sticking and moving. I believe he could pick up some W's in the UFC.

I'm hoping to play him next week but I don't know anything about Kennedy. I'm gonna try and google him but if anyone can present any information on him that would be koo.

emmett out unfortunately, i was eyeing him as well.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/08/josh-e...motion-seeks-canadian-lightweight-replacement

G'day gents.

I just wanted to genuinely apologise to everyone I offended, and would like to have one more chance. I have learned my lesson and promise to be respectful. I just want to share my knowledge, discuss some fights and make some money with you fine people.

If not, it's cool and I wish you all the best of luck.

Love and kisses,
- robbiedawg

Last edited:
Who likes lauzon here? He has some underated power hurt pulver and guillard before subbing them hammered gomi and first man to stop sanchez. Seems like he has more left than miller but normally i wrongly pick against lauzon but think i do really favour him here @ around evens.

Alvey around evens think i like him too casey is pretty bad with a horrible gas tank and all losses by ko

Lauzon is a lock as far as I'm concerned. Miller is washed up. He lost to Diego Sanchez, who Lauzon walked through. I think that gives us a fairly decent view of how things will go.

lines are taking a long time to drop for this, anywhere got the other main card fights up yet?

lines are taking a long time to drop for this, anywhere got the other main card fights up yet?

I'm sure somewhere had the Lauzon Miller line but this was a few weeks ago and I cannot remember where I saw it. I'm sure i'm not making it up!

Lauzon is a lock as far as I'm concerned. Miller is washed up. He lost to Diego Sanchez, who Lauzon walked through. I think that gives us a fairly decent view of how things will go.

I definitely wouldn't use the word "lock" but yeah I do favour Lauzon. Miller looked really bad in the Sanchez fight, and I do not put much stock in the Gomi fight as Gomi has looked horrible recently (Lauzon beat him down too). And I know MMA maths doesn't mean squat, but surely something has to be drawn from Lauzon beating Chisea (ok it was a cut but it was a very competitive fight until then) and Sanchez and Miller losing to both.

If you look at Lauzon over the last few years he has struggled with good strikers who he cannot ground (MJ, Al, Dunham) and beat everyone else. I see no reason why he can't keep with Miller standing if not outstrike him and I don't see why he can't take him down and win the ground battle. In Miller's most recent fights he has been outgrappled by Dariush, Chisea and Sanchez with a very close split over Castillo sandwiched in between.

Edit: just had a nose at Miller's twitter. Posted a pic three weeks ago of an empty beer pint glass he'd just finished. Could mean nothing but could mean he's not taking this as seriously as he maybe should be...

Last edited:
I'm sure somewhere had the Lauzon Miller line but this was a few weeks ago and I cannot remember where I saw it. I'm sure i'm not making it up!

damn you got me excited then, I had to race to betsafe to check they hadn't attempted some openers again..

damn you got me excited then, I had to race to betsafe to check they hadn't attempted some openers again..

I'm sure I'm not lying I'm sure Lauzon was around evens and me and JB discussed it. Can you recall JB?

can't see it listed at the usual places, they might of taken it down.

So far I'm on Maia and the ITD line. I think Condit's best chance by far is ITD and Maia can also finish. I'd be surprised if both lose, but I thought the same thing with Diaz + ITD!

So far I'm on Maia and the ITD line. I think Condit's best chance by far is ITD and Maia can also finish. I'd be surprised if both lose, but I thought the same thing with Diaz + ITD!

i think itd is a good shout, watching clips of maia's training. especially him running, you can see by the way he moves that he's wearing the result of all those hard years of bjj. and i'm pretty sure he'll be diving for takedowns and trying to grab and hold on every chance he gets. his gameplan will basicly be ''close distance'' into form of ''human backpack''

and he'll pursue that relentlessly until he either finishes condit or he gasses himself out completly.

I can also see Condit not being super patient once it gets to the 3rd round if Maia has had him down for two rounds. I could see him more likely to risk giving up his neck if he's down.

don't think condit will be playing around with fire on the ground, mostly just look to separate and get back up. and chokes is pretty much all maia goes for, so it would surprise me alot if he tries rolling or spinning. the cardio edge he has is real, as are maia's cardio problems.

fck type of clown behavior is that? trying to 'sell' information on a public betting forum? ''oh i don't want (x) to have the info'' you want to make money off it, otherwise you'd just tell people to pm you for the info instead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back