News UFC Picks 17 Year Old to Fight on Dana White's Contender Series.

DWCS pick Rosa versus Gutierrez

• Total voters
Murica.
Can't drink until 21 but can get CTE much earlier

1400 years ago everyone also died before the age of 35 and they used to drink mercury to cure diseases
Fun fact child labors are still a thing in 20th century, even in the West. Many black children grew up into slavery too.

Anyway, I don't think military training starting at 15 years old is a big of a deal,

look at Russia-Ukraine situation, you need all manpower you can get.

17 is not a child. Its a legal minor (in most jurisdictions) but there is a difference.

Obviously legally no, but the kid still isn't a fully physically mature adult yet.

lol you bros act if you were not fighting on the street at 17... i already had 7 or 8 street fights under my belt at that age

Obviously it's different for Sherdoggers.

Rory started in his teens yes, but it certainly wasn't on a UFC affiliated card.

Probably a lot better on a UFC affiliated card when it comes to doctors, insurances and all kinds of shit rather than some dingy local promo

Fun fact child labors are still a thing in 20th century, even in the West. Many black children grew up into slavery too.

Anyway, I don't think military training starting at 15 years old is a big of a deal,

This is all fair enough but you don't really have a manpower problem for the contender series so I'm not sure how it's relevant

Murica.
Can't drink until 21 but can get CTE much earlier
If the kids are rich enough, or well-connected in Hollywood, just get cocaine for your 14th birthday.
This is all fair enough but you don't really have a manpower problem for the contender series so I'm not sure how it's relevant
I think maybe they're embracing a lil Thai culture here, start early, but make it more capitalism-friendly

Reminds me of something i discovered recently. Song Yadong is 24 yrs old. He started fighting in 2013…..had 3 fights that year…that means he fought as a pro when he was 15 yrs old…

Futhermore his birthday is december 2, so he actually fought 3 times as 14 yr old.
<30>

China gonna China, I suppose.
lol you bros act if you were not fighting on the street at 17... i already had 7 or 8 street fights under my belt at that age
watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here.jpg

Sounds whack, but I hope he gets fed bums until he's like 23 at least. Chucky Olives was a prodigy but got fed to some absolute killers like near-prime Edgar way too early. He was able to keep his chin intact through those fights somehow, but if he spent a few years obliterating cans before getting thrown to the sharks I think he would be even more dominant than he is, and delay his downfall (which I see going a lot like Tony's after 1 or 2 more banger wars). A lot of the russian fighters seem to follow the boxing approach and beat the shit out of unknown guys on the local russian scene until they start coming into their physical primes, and I think that's' a pretty good formula. There will always be exceptions like Tyson and Jones, but for most guys I think this is the way.

I mean why not throw a 17 year old in there with a 25 year old 7-1 fighter?

What could go wrong?

Kids go pro at age 8 in some countries

Not saying it's coo, js

There are many pro boxers from Mexico that start in their teens
Canelo is one of em

Not saying it's coo, js

Probably a lot better on a UFC affiliated card when it comes to doctors, insurances and all kinds of shit rather than some dingy local promo
That's offset by the step-up in competition I feel.

Younger guys, especially those underaged, who fight professionally usually do so within their own country against the bodega worker from across the street, not someone who might have been training for MMA long than you've been alive.

My man, you know teenagers are not fighting in Ukraine right?

Also typical American bringing up slavery out of nowhere. Cool slavery happened like more then 100 years ago. Like I said, because it happens doesn't make it right

Looks like that sniffer has been busted up a few times before.

Why not give him a few easy pro fights at 17 and then see what he can do once he turns 18? Nothing wrong with that. He has some talent.

That nose looks like it has landed some strikes to a closed fist on a few occasions.

Child labor? That's no way to talk about Erick Silva and Kevin Lee! Both are over 18 (barely) and just playing in the minor orgs for a while. They'll meet for the UFC WW GOAT title in about 5 years. Can't rush those "forever young" prospects battle it out!

This is Tyson at 15. No doubt he would fuck up alot of 25 year olds at that age.

images

Besides, plenty of fighters start pro at around 17/18. S'all good
yeah and he turned into such a healthy adult thanks to his early start :rolleyes:

"That 17 year old Mexican fighter was never my friend." - Dana White

Back