UFC Vegas 68: Derrick Lewis vs. Serghei Spivak, February 4

My first instinct is opposite. Derrick has never relied on speed, footwork, cardio...everything has always been about power and some durability. Even any success he's had with getups in his grappling has been because of pure strength, no technique. He basically bench presses dudes off him. So him being slim...I actually think may hurt him. His cardio will still be shit. His power may (or may not) suffer a little. He may not be as physically strong which will make it easier for Spivak to get him down (and keep him there)--which we all know is gonna be the gameplan for Sergei from the opening bell.

Lewis PTV is a rd 1 or 2 KO, and that's really it. Being slimmer does nothing to enhance the chance of that happening imo, and may hurt his ability to fend off the grappling long enough to have a shot at landing something big.
He's definitely going to be faster though, which is what I'm referring to when it comes to overwhelming Spivak.

It's less Derrick cutting him off and moreso him rushing straight ahead lobbing bombs to see if Spivak crumbles like he has before. I did favor Sergey when the fight was first made, but it's not like Lewis was ever a dead man walking.

He's definitely going to be faster though, which is what I'm referring to when it comes to overwhelming Spivak.

It's less Derrick cutting him off and moreso him rushing straight ahead lobbing bombs to see if Spivak crumbles like he has before. I did favor Sergey when the fight was first made, but it's not like Lewis was ever a dead man walking.

I think if Derrick rushes him immediately, Spivak is level changing instantly and putting Derrick on his back.

For those of you who hate this card, don't forget that it's on the same day as a big Bellator card, and I think Bellator's card is better on paper.

Bellator start early, and UFC starts late like an Asia card (it's in Las Vegas, but they're appealing to the Asian fans).

@mkess101, @guesswhoseback, and I will be in Las Vegas during this card. Anyone else? If so, prepare yourself for 12 straight hours of MMA.

For those of you who hate this card, don't forget that it's on the same day as a big Bellator card, and I think Bellator's card is better on paper.

Bellator start early, and UFC starts late like an Asia card (it's in Las Vegas, but they're appealing to the Asian fans).

@mkess101, @guesswhoseback, and I will be in Las Vegas during this card. Anyone else? If so, prepare yourself for 12 straight hours of MMA.

What's the timing on these cards? Do we know yet? And will the books show the Bellator fights as well?

Yea I think this one is the 1am et start time

So main card starts at 10 pm local time in Vegas. I'm there with a buddy who's not super into MMA. Not sure I'm gonna convince him to spend that much time watching and betting MMA on our last night there LOL.

I don't know most of the fighters on either the Bellator or UFC card, so I'm gonna need some help and good spots to tail haha. If I can get my buddy to tail me and win some early bets, maybe he'll be down to stay and keep watching and betting.

In other words, you guys better be on point for all these random fights where I have no clue about the fighters. Bring your A games for these two cards fellas...

What when u gonna be in Vegas

What's the timing on these cards? Do we know yet? And will the books show the Bellator fights as well?
Ticketmaster says the first Bellator prelim fight starts at 3pm. Main card is at 6pm.
UFC.com says the first UFC prelim fight starts at 7pm. Main card is at 10pm.

11 fights on Bellator prelim. They'll push any extra fights to dark matches if they need to.
7 fights on UFC prelim.
What when u gonna be in Vegas
February 3-5. I arrive at 7:30pm on Friday, leave at 9am on Sunday. (MGM Grand)

February 10-12. I arrive at 7:30pm on Friday, leave at 1:30pm on Sunday. (Excalibur hotel)

Ticketmaster says the first Bellator prelim fight starts at 3pm. Main card is at 6pm.
UFC.com says the first UFC prelim fight starts at 7pm. Main card is at 10pm.

11 fights on Bellator prelim. They'll push any extra fights to dark matches if they need to.
7 fights on UFC prelim.

February 3-5. I arrive at 7:30pm on Friday, leave at 9am on Sunday. (MGM Grand)

February 10-12. I arrive at 7:30pm on Friday, leave at 1:30pm on Sunday. (Excalibur hotel)

We get in Thurs. I'm gonna try to convince my buddy to come down and watch at least some of the fights with you Sat. Doubt we'll be there for the marathon but I think for some of it he'll agree, hopefully. Will MGM be showing the Bellator main card?

So main card starts at 10 pm local time in Vegas. I'm there with a buddy who's not super into MMA. Not sure I'm gonna convince him to spend that much time watching and betting MMA on our last night there LOL.

I don't know most of the fighters on either the Bellator or UFC card, so I'm gonna need some help and good spots to tail haha. If I can get my buddy to tail me and win some early bets, maybe he'll be down to stay and keep watching and betting.

In other words, you guys better be on point for all these random fights where I have no clue about the fighters. Bring your A games for these two cards fellas...

I really don't ever warcy bellator cards and I can't recall last time I bet one but I don't think the books show them and betting wise I don't think they offer props. So if u want to bet bellator do it before hand because you can't access betting sites in Nevada

We get in Thurs. I'm gonna try to convince my buddy to come down and watch at least some of the fights with you Sat. Doubt we'll be there for the marathon but I think for some of it he'll agree, hopefully. Will MGM be showing the Bellator main card?
I'm not sure if MGM shows Bellator main cards, which are always on Showtime.
I really don't ever warcy bellator cards and I can't recall last time I bet one but I don't think the books show them and betting wise I don't think they offer props. So if u want to bet bellator do it before hand because you can't access betting sites in Nevada
Offshore betting websites like BetAnySports and BetOnline can be accessed in Nevada. Daily fantasy websites and apps are the things that cannot be accessed in Nevada, since daily fantasy checks your location each time you login. Since offshore sports books are offshore, they don't care where you're located.

I'm not sure if MGM shows Bellator main cards, which are always on Showtime.

Offshore betting websites like BetAnySports and BetOnline can be accessed in Nevada. Daily fantasy websites and apps are the things that cannot be accessed in Nevada, since daily fantasy checks your location each time you login. Since offshore sports books are offshore, they don't care where you're located.

I've tried depositing on numerous of betting sites since being in Nevada not a single site will allow it

I've tried depositing on numerous of betting sites since being in Nevada not a single site will allow it
You've seen me use betting websites on my laptop when we watch UFC Fight Night cards. It used to be a mix of bets from BetAnySports (website) and Circa (app), but lately it has been a mixture of Circa and BetMGM so I can have access to the money quicker.

It could be that you're using a credit/debit card to deposit from Nevada. Try depositing via Bitcoin (BTC) -- you would need to learn how to use CashApp so you can deposit money from your bank account into CashApp, then move your money from the app to the betting website.

Taira/Aguilar-UN
Park-190 the park Vs TInnulin
Bohm/Kim-OV
Hyun Sung Park-200
Kazama/Nakurma-UN
Jeong Yeong lee-250
Jubli-115
Kinoshita/Fugitt-UN
Choi/Nelson-UN
Ivanov/Tybura-OV
Jung-240
Lewis/Spivak-UN

Don't understand the Saragih line at all. Was expecting him to be -200.

Kazama +320 is way too wide. He's an elite fighter and extremely crafty grappler.

Taira -1200 is ridiculous. He's not fighting some proven can.

Have no lean whatsoever on Park/Choi. Choi at +170 it is.

Don't understand the Saragih line at all. Was expecting him to be -200.

Kazama +320 is way too wide. He's an elite fighter and extremely crafty grappler.

Taira -1200 is ridiculous. He's not fighting some proven can.

Have no lean whatsoever on Park/Choi. Choi at +170 it is.

I'm not really sure how Kazama wins. Rinya has the total choice of where the fight goes. I think as long as he has decent awareness of subs and sweeps from top then he'll be fine.

I'm not really sure how Kazama wins. Rinya has the total choice of where the fight goes. I think as long as he has decent awareness of subs and sweeps from top then he'll be fine.
The same way Motoya just beat Ota and Kuramoto. These high level Japanese wrestlers get crushed against good well rounded grapplers.

The same way Motoya just beat Ota and Kuramoto. These high level Japanese wrestlers get crushed against good well rounded grapplers.

They're both Greco dudes, Rinya is freestyle, the high level freestyle guys tend to find adapting to MMA a lot easier imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back