UFC Vegas 68: Derrick Lewis vs. Serghei Spivak, February 4

@magpie878 you were right. but for the wrong reasons. it's not like he quits easy, it's just that he's defence is bad. and i didn't expect spivak's throws to be that successful vs. lewis as they were. he got him down at will. i got this fight very wrong. thought lewis' power will spook spivak and he'll fight in panicky fashion giving opportunities for a ko, like a lot of lewis' victims did in the past. but i think lewis' menacing aura has worn away losing a few in a row.

I'm watching his fight with Olly now. holy shit his guard is trash on the feet. throws too wild at times, he's getting tagged a lot by a senior citizen. i can easily see Lewis putting him to sleep if he goes throwing wild combinations like that. He does a terrible job at throwing naked hooks without blocking his chin, i see Lewis catching him with a right hook lights out. Power is the last thing to go and Lewis can probably still crack at a solid level.

Just replying now because I just got home from Vegas. Looks like I nailed this one in terms of talking about how good Spivac is at re-matting opponents when they get back up as he just keeps hold of them and drags them back to the mat over and over. Too bad MGM didn't have the itd line so I had Spivac KO and got screwed when he landed all those punches only to end up subbing BB. Didn't profit on this card due to that...oh well.

Shoutout to @PuertoRican and @guesswhoseback, was a lot of fun hanging out with you guys and watching the fights! May not get back to Vegas for awhile but I'll let you know when the next time is for sure!

Back