UFC WMMA: The way to watch

Give me:

• Whole Fight Nights of just WMMA. No WMMA on the other cards.

• What we have now. A few WMMA fights on a card.

• None. I don’t like WMMA.

Results are only viewable after voting.
There was once a vocal crowd that hated the idea of smaller men fighting. Anything under 170 was inferior somehow. They wanted the WEC to stay separate from UFC. Some of the those reactions are similar to the negative reactions I read about in 2023. I'm genuinely curious to see how detractors will think and feel about WMMA in 2028?

I think the WNBA has shown there are no myths around speed and power with respect to men vs women. Women can be technical and well trained but in the end they are physically "weaker" and slower. I know those are harsh words and I mean no disrespect towards women, just what it is.
MMA is not basketball.

And be honest, have you ever in your life watched a WNBA game?

I think the WNBA has shown there are no myths around speed and power with respect to men vs women. Women can be technical and well trained but in the end they are physically "weaker" and slower. I know those are harsh words and I mean no disrespect towards women, just what it is.
It's just not true though. Men and women come in different sizes and strengths. If you think all men are stronger and faster than all women, you're delusional. Respectfully. We're talking about pro fighting not a bench press contest.

MMA is not basketball.

And be honest, have you ever in your life watched a WNBA game?

Of course not but we've all watched enough to see the truth of it. The girls that play basketball are as athletic as they come and most have played and practiced since they were toddlers, but they can in no way match the men.

I bet you most male pro fighters have zero fucking problem with women pro fighters comin in hot for a piece of the pie like them.

Of course not but we've all watched enough to see the truth of it. The girls that play basketball are as athletic as they come and most have played and practiced since they were toddlers, but they can in no way match the men.
No, you have seen enough to "feel" the "truth" of it. Which is good enough for you, I guess.

It's also completely irrelevant to the discussion about MMA. Basketball is a boring sport, men or women. MMA is the greatest sport, men or women.

It's just not true though. Men and women come in different sizes and strengths. If you think all men are stronger and faster than all women, you're delusional. Respectfully. We're talking about pro fighting not a bench press contest.

I think every man who is a pro athlete is athletically superior. That doesn't mean that in one facet of athleticism a woman couldn't hold a slight edge but when discussing overall athleticism I don't think there is any comparison to be made.

No, you have seen enough to "feel" the "truth" of it. Which is good enough for you, I guess.

It's also completely irrelevant to the discussion about MMA. Basketball is a boring sport, men or women. MMA is the greatest sport, men or women.

I have to ask. Do you honestly believe that females are athletically equivalent to males? I'm talking raw power and speed and with respect to professional athletes.

I have to ask. Do you honestly believe that females are athletically equivalent to males? I'm talking raw power and speed and with respect to professional athletes.
They can be superior to males especially if they’re bigger than them. I have to ask, why does being stronger or faster mean that it’s better?

I'm with the "separate league" camp with the occasional big WMMA match up on a ppv. I'm not talking every women's title fight. Doesn't have to be for the title (rose v espaza comes to mind for instance.) Just fights that you are 90% positive that the Just Bleed God will be satisfied.

They can be superior to males especially if they’re bigger than them.

Which professional UFC fighter does Kayla Harrison beat? She is bigger than the guys at 125. You think the professional male fighters of the UFC are beaten by her? What percentage of them does she beat up?

Which professional UFC fighter does Kayla Harrison beat? She is bigger than the guys at 125. You think the professional male fighters of the UFC are beaten by her? What percentage of them does she beat up?
Why does being stronger or faster automatically mean “better”? Why did you choose those names? You don’t think UFC’s best woman fighter can beat their worst man fighter? I really don’t find any value in the “lesser of the species” arguments. What’s the point in comparing even? It is so similar to a men’s fight.

Why does being stronger or faster automatically mean “better”? Why did you choose those names? You don’t think UFC’s best woman fighter can beat their worst man fighter?

I don’t think Kayla Harrison beats anybody on the UFC roster. I think she does really poorly against any of them.

I enjoy watching some of the higher level fighters and the really good looking ones, especially for the weigh ins. The low level ones are really bad, though. Atrocious, actually. So I'm pretty indifferent about it.

I don’t think Kayla Harrison beats anybody on the UFC roster. I think she does really poorly against any of them.
Well then she's a shit fighter. That's all that would tell me. There's better fighters than her. She doesn't represent all women fighters.

How do you think the UFC should be presenting WMMA? What’s the best way to watch? I’ll forward the results to Dana if the poll gets enough votes.

While I am fine with WMMA staying on the cards, and it has given some really exciting fights over the years, the biggest problem IMO is where they are placed on the cards.

I just wish they would put them in more appropriate places on the card. The fights are often way too high on the card where people are expecting much better fights. If the fights sucked but were at the bottom of the card nobody would complain.

I would also ask they stop headlining fight nights with Women's fights which are questionable for a main card of fight night, let alone main event. I think people get more annoyed when it is being force fed in prominent positions.

Last edited:
I enjoy watching some of the higher level fighters and the really good looking ones, especially for the weigh ins. The low level ones are really bad, though. Atrocious, actually. So I'm pretty indifferent about it.
I fully admit that enhances the male fight fan experience for me when the ladies are pretty.

I fully admit that enhances the male fight fan experience for me when the ladies are pretty.
Yes, I like enjoy the change-up as well. Nice to see beautiful, athletic women go at it, especially when they're pretty skilled.

I have to ask. Do you honestly believe that females are athletically equivalent to males?
They aren't competing against males. They are competing against other females.

Now, I'm not going to argue that the talent pool in WMMA is comparable to the men. The 100th best BW in the world is a very good fighter. The 100th best WBW is terrible. And yes, there are some WMMA fighters who have no business fighting in the UFC. Some men too TBH.

But at the top of the divisions(especially Strawweight and Flyweight), WMMA fighters are all serious athletes and martial artists, and have proven it time and again.

If there were no WMMA in the UFC, we wouldn't have Zhang vs Jedrezejczyk (which is AWESOME if you haven't seen it). I watched that card in a sports bar and that fight got an extended standing ovation. It was also immediately followed by Adesanya and Romero staring at each other for 25 minutes.

Sure, WMMA occasionally produces some stinkers. Namajunas vs Esparza 2 was one of the worst fights I have ever seen. But quite literally ALL of the rest of the worst fights of all time have been men.

I am a fan of mixed martial arts, in all its many and varied forms. HW fights can be a real slog sometimes, but I still appreciate them.

WMMA has already produced a lot of awesome moments, whether you appreciate them or not. Just in the UFC, Holm's headkick of Rousey, Nunes KOing Cyborg, Andrade KOing Kowalkiewicz and Namajunas, the spinning backfist KO in the Zhang-Jedrzejczyk rematch. Kneebars, flying armbars, headkicks. Amazon stuff. Wars worthy of the JBG.

One of the bloodiest wars I have ever seen was a title fight in Invicta. One of the most savage KOs I have seen was a Strawweight fight in Invicta. WMMA fighters bring it. Most WMMA haters don't bother to watch, and if they do, they aren't really paying attention.

Trust me, fights are more interesting if you are paying attention and know who is fighting. I honestly believe that WMMA haters are just cheating themselves. There are many great UFC moments that you will not be able to appreciate because of your preconceived ideas, and that's unfortunate.

MMA is the best sport, as far as I'm concerned, and WMMA is MMA. You don't have to watch it, but if you don't you are just cheating yourself. It's here to stay, so for your own benefit you should try to learn to appreciate it.

There are a lot of very interesting prospects on their way up, and I look forward to watching them find out who is the best fighter among them.

While I am find with WMMA staying on the cards, and it has given some really exciting fights over the years, the biggest problem IMO is where they are placed on the cards.

I just wish they would put them in more appropriate places on the card. The fights are often way too high on the card where people are expecting much better fights. If the fights sucked but were at the bottom of the card nobody would complain.

I would also ask they stop headlining fight nights with Women's fights which are questionable for a main card of fight night, let alone main event. I think people get more annoyed when it is being force fed in prominent positions.
I agree with that. Placement should be based on the quality of the fighters recently past performances. I wouldn't be surprised if UFC cut Irene Aldana for her poor showing in a main event.

Back