UFC WMMA: The way to watch

Give me:

• Whole Fight Nights of just WMMA. No WMMA on the other cards.

• What we have now. A few WMMA fights on a card.

• None. I don’t like WMMA.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Shevchenko-Grasso: LOVED it.
Burns-Belal: Hated it.
Edit: Ok maybe I shouldn't have used the example of a fight with a crippled man. <45>

Last edited:
While I am find with WMMA staying on the cards, and it has given some really exciting fights over the years, the biggest problem IMO is where they are placed on the cards.

I just wish they would put them in more appropriate places on the card. The fights are often way too high on the card where people are expecting much better fights. If the fights sucked but were at the bottom of the card nobody would complain.

I would also ask they stop headlining fight nights with Women's fights which are questionable for a main card of fight night, let alone main event. I think people get more annoyed when it is being force fed in prominent positions.
TBH they could cut half the WMMA roster and improve the overall product. But the women's divisions are a net positive IMO. Good fighters are good fighters, and good fights are good fights.

That’s just not true though. You’re generalizing. Just like saying one fighter sucks so they all suck.
Yes it is.

Dude.. come on.
{<huh}

Yes, I'm generalizing. That's how observations of large segments of society and their behavior patterns work.

Girls do not have the same fascination and love of fighting as a common trait. This isn't even really up for debate it is just a factual observation. If you can say otherwise with a straight face you are a good liar.

Shevchenko-Grasso: LOVED it.
Burns-Belal: Hated it.
The perfect example is FOTY 2020 (Zhang vs Jedrezejczyk) being immediately followed by one of the worst title fights in UFC history (Adesanya vs Romero).

It was the first time a buddy of mine had watched a live UFC event, and I can assure you he is an MMA fan now because of Beneil Dariush vs Drakkar Klose and Zhang Weili vs Joanna Jedrezejczyk, not the main event.

Romero and Adesanya are both great athletes, and sometimes they have great fights. But there is so much more to fighting than raw athleticism.

Last edited:
If womens mma was just as good as the mens, why dont they try to have their own events and ppvs and see how well it does?

All you wmma lovers are all against an all womens ufc event because you know it would bomb through the toilet.
If they are just as good at fighting as the men why do they have a separate women's division?

Henry Cejudo is ready to go whenever any lady wants to step up for the open gender manlet weight world title.

If they are just as good at fighting as the men why do they have a separate women's division?

Henry Cejudo is ready to go whenever any lady wants to step up for the open gender manlet weight world title.
Skill exists regardless of strength or speed. That's the point of weight classes. Trying to create level playing fields and seeing who's the smartest, who is the more talented, who is the most durable, etc.. Not everyone watches fights just to see who is the strongest.

I agree with that. Placement should be based on the quality of the fighters recently past performances. I wouldn't be surprised if UFC cut Irene Aldana for her poor showing in a main event.

I don't think she will be cut, but it was pretty limp. With Nunes gone they can't cut one of the better fighters in the division who put in a poor performance. She will pay however likely being a couple of wins from another title fight now. Had she lost in a competitive fight she would have likely got a shot again straight away.

TBH they could cut half the WMMA roster and improve the overall product. But the women's divisions are a net positive IMO. Good fighters are good fighters, and good fights are good fights.

But they could do that with some of the mens divisions too. The UFC need to have those fighters signed so they get them cheaper, they like signing earlier in career (for both men and women) so they get them in on low pay low risk. If they work out they then slowly raise pay.

They should be placed according to how well they are expected to perform. They’re way too high on the cards. Most should not be on the main card.

Yep is easiest solution and gives them the chance to improve and earn higher positions. Currently it feels the assumption is if you are ranked you go higher in the card, but if the should be based more on expected performance for WMMA where currently the divisions are much more shallow.

Give them smaller shorts and tops. beach volleyball has a nice rule there

I think you’re wrong. Women’s MMA is more popular than ever. The skill is only going to get better. Everything that can happen in men’s MMA can happen with them too. A bad female fighter or fight does not define an entire population of the sport.
When the overwhelming majority of female fighters are bad and the overwhelming majority of their fights are awful, then it absolutely defines. WMMA white knights are seemingly so disingenuous on Sherdog that an actual honest conversion is hard to have. A lot of us in here enjoy watching the Elites of WMMA such as Rose, Andrade, Weilli, efc. WMMA as of now is an inferior product and we are tired of it being pushed down our throats. I’m not just criticizing WMMA either, right now UFC are putting on way too many regional level men fights too.

Best way to watch WMMA

broken%20Vizio%20LCD%20TV.JPG

The only thing that is disingenuous is acting like your personal tastes are absolute facts.

You think most WMMA fights are bad. Okay cool

Other people think most WMMA are decent/good
And thats fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Some people enjoy amateur and regional level fights and that’s fine. But a lot of us truly enjoy watching high level mma and that’s it. You’re simply not going to get that from the majority of WMMA.

Last edited:
Back