UFN 110 - Lewis vs Hunt - New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I definitely won't bet this fight until weigh-ins now, if at all

Watched the vid, Tims 149 pounds yesterday with 2 gallons water, says DM fight was terrible since he was 165 pounds after tuff series and due to Tuf fights and 4 weight cuts he struggled due to that.

Smolka fight was fine cos he figured it out, he also mentioned he has hired a guy to keep everything in check, training and weight wise.

Watched the vid, Tims 149 pounds yesterday with 2 gallons water, says DM fight was terrible since he was 165 pounds after tuff series and due to Tuf fights and 4 weight cuts he struggled due to that.

Smolka fight was fine cos he figured it out, he also mentioned he has hired a guy to keep everything in check, training and weight wise.

Thanks, was going to watch it later tonight. 149 or 147 still sounds pretty crazy 4 days away from weigh-ins, but 165 is just completely insane.

EDIT: Though this was last week not yesterday right? May talk myself back into betting Elliot, but have to wait until weigh ins

Last edited:
Youd bet kim at say -260? Wow
Probably put him in 2-leg parlays if he's that high, but possibly a SU bet. I don't see how Gouti wins this, I think Kim is better everywhere. Striking, on the ground, heart. Gouti could show improvements, I know he's training with Jackson, but it's hard to visualize how he would win this fight. In the UFC he's shown lots of holes in his game and has yet to fix him. He had a problem with rushing in to exchanges, so what he do in the Laprise fight? He rushed in and got cracked on the chin. Kim's gonna land that left hook. If they start swining wildly in the pocket like they're both prone to do, I like Kims chances a lot more.

i think going big on hunt-lewis in any capacity is a mistake, flat-out. even if it ends up being easy for one of them in the fight.

I favor Hunto very ..VERY ...much. This given that stylistically this is a better MU than he could possibly imagine. ZERO threat of the TD and fpretty slow and plodding brawler who has feasted off of one-dimensional grapplers.

Victor Pesta lol, Damien Grabowski, Ruan Potts, and elderly Gabriel Gonzaga, Guto Inocente, 50 y/o Roy Nelson (barely and open to interpretation) the flaky russian Shamil Abdurakhimov (Who is best win is Walt Harris? Anthony Hamilton? LOL) fucking Jack May help make up 8 of his 9 UFC wins.

Now let's look at who he lost to — and almost lost to — during his 2 UFC losses. In one way or the other they resemble Mark Hunt more so than any of the fighters he has beaten. They include Matt Mitrione who flatlined him, Shawn Jordan absolutely mauled him. Then you have the corpse of what's left of Travis Browne that was smashing TBB and had him on the cusp of folding over like an accordion until inexplicably giving in to his worst impulses and finding a way to lose the fight.

Now look at the fighters that Hunto has pfaced and defeated. Even fighters who he has fallen short to are far better than anything BB has ever witnessed. Common opposition. Mark Hunt starched a younger Roy Nelson with a walk off one hitter quitter. He ripped through Rothwell. He tore through Bigfoot in the rematch. And potentially most impressive, he went five full rounds with current champion Stipe Miocic...

Their quality of competition is just in different stratosphere's. I'm not saying that Hunt is locksville by any means at this point in his career. However, he matches up very well with TBB and I believe that given everything that we know including the intangibles more heart heart, granite chin, Hunt fighting at home and not having to travel with BB traversing the globe and sharing the ring with future Hall of Famer's he is very well positioned to get this win

Again, I could be dead wrong, but through early research I will think that Hunto should be around -265 and I also believe that the over 1.5 Should be -220 or so. I believe that Hunt will use his long stiff ramrod jab and stick it in BB's face all night long either for a wide 50-45 decision or else he'll stagger BB was something heavy and potentially land a crushing UC that Instantly finishes the proceedings. Also don't sleep on Hunts LLK's. This could be a major factor.

Last edited:
He only won for 4 rounds because he was laying on lewis. bb is so easy to takedown, and how often does hunt go for takedowns? The only one who have beat bb on the feet lately is travis browne, and he did it by staying on the outside and using his range really well. The way bb swarmed on nelson, who has a similar reach and build as hunt was crazy.

Hunt did not look good against overeem, I don't think he's motivated to win, he's in there for the 750k paycheck. Why not take another 4 losses your last year and retire with 3 extra millions in the bank?
I think the black beast will knock him out, probably from mount after getting it to the floor somehow

Who has TBB faced with striking even remotely close to the level of Mark Hunt? What's more, Reem is levels levels above where BB is LOL

Again, I could be dead wrong, but through early research I will think that Hunto should be around -265
629.gif

I can't wait to miss all of the openers. Any second now.....

I can't wait to miss all of the openers. Any second now.....

Scared me with this thinking I missed them when I went out. I'm probably going to miss them tomorrow morning, but just really hoping it isn't Wednesday when they come out

I like most of your reasoning @MMA Goodfella but a long stiff ramrod jab will be hard to land against a 5in reach, 5in height deficit, and we seriously have no idea if Mark Hunt will even give a fuck during this fight. He's very liable to phone it in.

I think that stylistically Hunt ought to be the favorite, but I'm not putting anything on a fighter who won't fight for my money.

@iGnP you win ..Hunto is no longer -265 ..so I take back all of the negatives of traveling from United States to Australia for The Black Beast. At first I believed traveling that far of a distance was going to be a major detriment. I mean, after all, the normal time for a one-way flight from the States to Australia is about 19 hours and 26 minutes depending on what type of airliner you use. But like always I am misinformed. A sheep. I listened to Eddie Bravo on JRE and he assured people that the flight from US to Australia is about 2 1/2 hours long. But distance is cut by 3/4 normal time flying over #FlatEarth. He said that pilots aren't allowed to fly over Antarctica or it will only take about 25 minutes! I think BB may get to fly

In light of this I actually believe that BB TBB should be -110 with such a short distance of travel time. There's also a rumor he'll be flying aboard Alex Jones' personal Cessna Citation X, which cruises at 35,000 feet traveling a speedy 525 knots (or 606 MPH). Additionally, AJ and Joe might hook BB up with some of that Onnit Alpha Brain which would then make TBB -850 ... AT LEAST. .... Amirite?

Probably put him in 2-leg parlays if he's that high, but possibly a SU bet. I don't see how Gouti wins this, I think Kim is better everywhere. Striking, on the ground, heart. Gouti could show improvements, I know he's training with Jackson, but it's hard to visualize how he would win this fight. In the UFC he's shown lots of holes in his game and has yet to fix him. He had a problem with rushing in to exchanges, so what he do in the Laprise fight? He rushed in and got cracked on the chin. Kim's gonna land that left hook. If they start swining wildly in the pocket like they're both prone to do, I like Kims chances a lot more.

Do not agree that kims the better striker at all

BB to win via youth.

How many top level fighters in their mid 40's in the UFC post USADA era do we see?

Name some.

The average age of a ranked UFC fighter is 31 years old, with the most common age being 32. To give you an idea of average age, Dominick Cruz, Nate Diaz, Gegard Mousasi and Karolina Kowalkiewicz are all 31 years old.

The youngest divisions in the UFC are the Strawweight and Featherweight divisions at 28.6 years old and 28.7 years old respectively. The oldest division is the Middleweight division at 33.6 years old.

Age_Divisions.PNG

Derrick Lewis
Mixed martial artist
Derrick James Lewis is an American professional mixed martial artist, currently competing in the heavyweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Wikipedia

Born: 8 February 1985 (age 32), New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Height: 1.91 m
Weight: 264 lb (120 kg; 18 st 12 lb)
Reach: 79.0 in (201 cm)

32 is prime age.

Mark Hunt
Mixed martial artist
Mark Richard Hunt is a New Zealand mixed martial artist and former kickboxer of Samoan descent, currently living in Sydney, Australia. Hunt competes in the Ultimate Fighting Championship and was the winner of the 2001 K-1 World Grand Prix. Wikipedia

Born: 23 March 1974 (age 43), South Auckland
Height: 1.78 m
Weight: 120 kg
Reach: 74 in (188 cm)
Division: Super Heavyweight (Kickboxing); Heavyweight (MMA)
By submission: 6

43 is well past the average retirement age.

tr66jx-K.png

(BTW I'm playing devils advocate for the sake of discussion. I'm not heavy on either guy, I think this fight is very flippy and could go either way.)

I laid out all of the reasoning. You have to come with some rebuttals bro. Plus, "this is just like my opinion man".

{<shrug}
Well firstly, he was just knocked out cold 3 months ago by Overeem's knee. I have a problem with calling his chin "granite" because you're looking at it as if he were in his prime. Same sort of issue I had w people saying Diego's chin would hold up against Iaquinta. If Hunt has been (t)KOed 4 times in the last few years, i don't think we can rely on it, especially considering he's considerably past normal fighting age

Not sure how anyone can have a strong opinion on the main event, one way or another. I don't think Hunt's chin is reliable anymore.

Last edited:
I favor Hunto very ..VERY ...much. This given that stylistically this is a better MU than he could possibly imagine. ZERO threat of the TD and fpretty slow and plodding brawler who has feasted off of one-dimensional grapplers.

Victor Pesta lol, Damien Grabowski, Ruan Potts, and elderly Gabriel Gonzaga, Guto Inocente, 50 y/o Roy Nelson (barely and open to interpretation) the flaky russian Shamil Abdurakhimov (Who is best win is Walt Harris? Anthony Hamilton? LOL) fucking Jack May help make up 8 of his 9 UFC wins.

Now let's look at who he lost to — and almost lost to — during his 2 UFC losses. In one way or the other they resemble Mark Hunt more so than any of the fighters he has beaten. They include Matt Mitrione who flatlined him, Shawn Jordan absolutely mauled him. Then you have the corpse of what's left of Travis Browne that was smashing TBB and had him on the cusp of folding over like an accordion until inexplicably giving in to his worst impulses and finding a way to lose the fight.

Now look at the fighters that Hunto has pfaced and defeated. Even fighters who he has fallen short to are far better than anything BB has ever witnessed. Common opposition. Mark Hunt starched a younger Roy Nelson with a walk off one hitter quitter. He ripped through Rothwell. He tore through Bigfoot in the rematch. And potentially most impressive, he went five full rounds with current champion Stipe Miocic...

Their quality of competition is just in different stratosphere's. I'm not saying that Hunt is locksville by any means at this point in his career. However, he matches up very well with TBB and I believe that given everything that we know including the intangibles more heart heart, granite chin, Hunt fighting at home and not having to travel with BB traversing the globe and sharing the ring with future Hall of Famer's he is very well positioned to get this win

Again, I could be dead wrong, but through early research I will think that Hunto should be around -265 and I also believe that the over 1.5 Should be -220 or so. I believe that Hunt will use his long stiff ramrod jab and stick it in BB's face all night long either for a wide 50-45 decision or else he'll stagger BB was something heavy and potentially land a crushing UC that Instantly finishes the proceedings. Also don't sleep on Hunts LLK's. This could be a major factor.
I agree with you and im pretty big on Hunt. One correction though, he got finished by Stipe in the 5th and it should have been stopped a lot sooner.

First time going there, jet lag is an issue, I enjoy fighting win or lose, I'm a stay at home dad, 4 weeks to train for this fight, before that I was doing a month long bike ride in Asia, on vacation, no training at all, lots of beer drinking, I went with a military buddy, was cool, I had the worst weight cut against DJ, stomach pains, when I got back from the trip (eating fish heads, everything organic), my weight as fine, basically spending 4 weeks working on cardio, training at the UFC headquarters, train hard all day, I'm there by myself all week, and the coaches from Xtreme Couture, Robert Follis is coaching me, teaching me how to get into clinch without taking damage, I am 149, 2 pounds of water, I'm good, Smolka weight cut was the easiest, what hurt me for the DJ weight cut was TUF

It's no normal jet lag either. It's losing a fucking day and it's so hard to recover quickly. Thats without fighting. Plus short notice. I am really backing Ben 10 here. In fact think he's the best value dog this year....

Mate i am with you all the way on this one. As said before I've already gone big on Hunt. Great point too about his leg kicks. His body shots are also top notch. Then, IF it goes into a third round BB will be gassed to fuck. The line is crazy. I implore everyone reading this to back Hunt.....

It's no normal jet lag either. It's losing a fucking day and it's so hard to recover quickly. Thats without fighting. Plus short notice. I am really backing Ben 10 here. In fact think he's the best value dog this year....

Lets just assume jet lag is going to fuck every one up?

Sounds like a good plan for losing money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back