UFN 143 on ESPN+ 1 Cejudo vs Dillashaw

From 2016. Opponent with a bunch of KO victories. Moreira looks super raw and pretty shitty tbh.
Rd 1: Sticks to him like glue as soon as they tie up. When they break, his opponents lands really clean and knocks him down bad. Jumps on top, heavy gnp. On his back, he eats a few more but you can see he's searching for the sub immediately. Finds his way on top and totally dominates. Arguable that ref could've stopped it.
Rd 2: Opponent is gassed. Moreira shoves him to the fence, drags him down, toys with him for actually a long time, gets subs eventually.

Most recent fight, August 2018. Arte another KO-heavy opponent. Moreira in way better shape, and tatted up. So cool.
Rd 1: Well, he learned how to put his hands up. That's encouraging. Closes in and ties up within 10 seconds. Gets him down, too rushed to try and improve position, Arte gets up and breaks away. Moreira so slow. So shitty standing up. Eats an big uppercut, big hook. Arte engages like an idiot, Moreira grabs him, drags him down, gets position this time. Man, once on the ground Moreira makes him look like an amateur. Just runs out of time or else he subs Arte.
Rd 2: Moreira front head kick lands, charges for him, leans him against cage, takes him down. Can see immediately it's just a matter of time for sub. Impressive that he can get full mount so easily and then not get bucked off. How Arte survived a fully extended armbar, I have no answer for. Moreira let it go as soon as a new position presented itself. Seemed happy to let Arte on top. Tangles his legs around his head. There it is; done.

Bit long there, sorry. This was as much for my own good as it was just making a post, I know you all can breakdown a fight on your own.

TL;DR I think Moreira is a live one. He absolutely needs to get it to the ground as soon as possible. Very slow on the feet and he'll have nothing to offer there. Showed a bit of defense but Menifield can probably bash through that easily. On the ground he's a spider. Only brief moments of it but off his back he seems just as dangerous as when on top. 99% Menifield is gonna come out looking to finish this within 1 minute. If Moreira can weather that, push him to the cage, and drag this to the ground he's got a great chance to sub what I assume will be a very vulnerable opponent.

Live dog imo.

Seems like a poignant time to plug my post from days gone by about Moreira-Menifield. In the immortals words of @barrygood1, 'hit that Like button!'.

Anyone have any good arguments for picking Karl Roberson over Glover? :D

Yes. If Glover cant take him down, Roberson has shown crisper stand up, more varied technique, hes faster, and good control of range. He just had a performance against a cut rate version of Glover in Marshman and easily dominated (granted, he wont be going for tds here). Also, easy to make an argument that Glover's best years are behind, and even further, that his chin is now compromised (only dude i've ever seen get rocked by Corey Anderson)

I think if Glover can not get inside and get tds, he will lose.

I think Glover is pretty much done.

I wouldn't be shocked if Roberson cracked him with a left hand and finished the fight.
I also wouldn't be surprised if Glover got a TD early in a round and finished via sub.

Ok i will have a bit of shares of Bautsita now on DK to. After watching his last tapefight he does look good.

Just in case i will bet on him to.

Mario Bautsita could get away with a Sub win if not a KO if Cory gets to hot headed. But i wont be surprised if Cory wins again.

Last edited:
To everyone fading Glover more because of his last fight saying he looked old, didn't the same thing happen if not worse against Phil Davis in 2014?

Is it really that Glover has declined massively or that the style match up was so poor for him?

To everyone fading Glover more because of his last fight saying he looked old, didn't the same thing happen if not worse against Phil Davis in 2014?

Is it really that Glover has declined massively or that the style match up was so poor for him?

i think everyone betting against glover (myself included) recognize it's very possible glover takes him down and smashes him, but just believes it's more probable roberson keeps it standing and dominates.

He just had a performance against a cut rate version of Glover in Marshman and easily dominated.
Not sure if comparing Marshman to Glover is accurate, Marshman can't grapple for shit and just goes out and fights like he's boxing for the army still.

i think everyone betting against glover (myself included) recognize it's very possible glover takes him down and smashes him, but just believes it's more probable roberson keeps it standing and dominates.
I'm not exactly sure Glover's slower speed alone if that is indeed the case automatically means that he is out of his depth on the feet, but he'll be bigger and has a big ground advantage, so I would be surprised if he loses to the likes of Roberson even at this age of 39. Glover loses to some good fighters and Corey was a good, big and experienced fighter with a wrestling advantage. I'm sure Glover will fall off a cliff eventually, but I really don't think short notice middleweight Roberson is going to push him off that cliff. Maybe his next fight or two depending on who they match him up with.

Speed kills and Glover is getting slower by the day. Also his chin is shot and he is getting wobbled all the time.

Glover still has good takedowns and ground game. Big advantage there.

Getting rocked by Corey is not a good look for a decling fighter who has been in wars (punishment Gus put on him was career alterating), that chin is probably ready to crack permenantly and Roberson hits much harder than Corey. Also Glover has never found an uppercut he doesn't try to block with his face and Roberson ripped into Stewart wtih clinch uppercuts iirc. DNGTD opened at +110 but was smashed by the time limits went up. That would have been the best play. I am hoping Roberson becomes a bigger dog and will take a shot on his speed, power, and accurate striking against the slow, declining Glover with nonexistent head movement. I do agree though that Glover's top game is still great and Roberson is in big trouble on the mat.

Last edited:
Kyle Stewart is awful. was totally out grappled by Jason Jackson on the TNCS before winning by injury. Stewart drops Jackson, ends up in side control, then gets his back taken 15 seconds after he dropped his opponent. Don't know if I can make myself sit through any of his LFA fights, just wanted to get a brief idea of who he was. Looks like he was training for a fight on 2/1, so he should be in good shape, but man I wouldn't trust a dollar on him.

Recointree-ko2
Muhmaad-dec
Edwards-ko1
Sandhagen-ko2
Moreira-sub1
Lipski-sub2
Hernadez-dec
Roberson-ko2
Van zant-sub2
Benavifez-dec
Gillespie-ko2
Hardy-ko1
Sillashaw-ko3

Kyle Stewart is awful. was totally out grappled by Jason Jackson on the TNCS before winning by injury. Stewart drops Jackson, ends up in side control, then gets his back taken 15 seconds after he dropped his opponent. Don't know if I can make myself sit through any of his LFA fights, just wanted to get a brief idea of who he was. Looks like he was training for a fight on 2/1, so he should be in good shape, but man I wouldn't trust a dollar on him.

Aren't you EZ's boy? You haven't see him fight on LFA? EZ would be disappoint.

Back