UFN 95 - Cyborg vs Lansberg - Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but I was of that opinion cause I thought DC would have an easier time brutalizing Anderson. I was wrong.

DC HAD to take those shots, cause it was tough to wrestle Johnson early. Anderson has never had great tdd, so it allowed DC to put him on his back over and over where Anderson just wrapped him up from bottom.
I agree w this. But do you ever remember DC trying to advance and get in a position to finish the fight? He was very content laying on top of Anderson and doing just enough to not get stood up

We can end the convo right here though. Neither of us are gonna change their minds on the matter and we shouldn't clog the thread

i would not be surprised if nelson/silva goes for a sparring match dec but silva accidently ending up being ko'ed by a takedown :D

You're saying this 100% in hindsight. Pre fight you were on the side of "no way does Anderson not get finished" if I remember correctly. Cormier went through a prime Rumble's best shot and he's worried about what a non-roided, 41 year old Anderson Silva on like a weeks notice is capable of? Come on now. They needed someone to fill in and not ruin their big event, Anderson stepped up for the $, and they had a glorified sparring match. As I said pre fight, it's not likely you're gonna wanna go in there w a killer mentality against a legend who is stepping up so your fight isn't canceled and so that you can get paid
LOL you're just being silly man. Silva is still dangerous. He landed a brutal liver kick on DC in the last round, that should tell you all you need to know as to why DC chose to wrestle him and not take any risks. If the opportunity was there for him to finish him he would have, but DC gassed and Silva just stalled from the bottom. Rewatch the fight.

I agree w this. But do you ever remember DC trying to advance and get in a position to finish the fight? He was very content laying on top of Anderson and doing just enough to not get stood up

We can end the convo right here though. Neither of us are gonna change their minds on the matter and we shouldn't clog the thread

agreed that fight looked super shady to me too

JB I respect your opinions on a lot of fights but if DC wanted to finish Anderson, he would have done so lol
I think DC couldn't finish Anderson. He couldn't get pass half guard.

People saying DC could have easily passed while Silva (a BJJ black belt) was in defensive guard have obviously never took a BJJ class before.

Yeah but thats my point. When a guy whos as good off his back as Anderson decides 'fuck scrambling, fuck position advancement, fuck all things I can do from bottom to WIN this fight, i'm just going to tie him up as best I can' its not as easy as you would think to pass that guard. DC advanced to half over and over, but Anderson was too good at keeping him in the guard and wasn't going to break his hold and try something new like most guys would've after eating a fuck ton of forearms to the face like he was.

Love you iGnP, but can't believe you'd think an Olympic caliber athlete would put what has to be massive pride to the side, along with putting himself at risk for a loss to go easy on a guy who came in on short notice. At the end of the day, hes still one of the best ever

Bigfoot dec +1200 lol
JYAVWj7.gif
\
*edit* hey wait, wth? it's +750..

gotta stab burns rd 3 at over +1000 here

Orrrrrr these 2 fat ogres could both put their fight purses and Reebcock sponsor money on the o1.5 (+200) courtesy of Vegas and get that guaranteed money. Instead of trying to beat 24 other fighters for that 50k

nelson sub would be even better if they do that.. +1300 nobody gets hurt and bbq party after :D

Y'all gonna feel silly when Roy KO's Bigfoot in 30 seconds.

Yeah but thats my point. When a guy whos as good off his back as Anderson decides 'fuck scrambling, fuck position advancement, fuck all things I can do from bottom to WIN this fight, i'm just going to tie him up as best I can' its not as easy as you would think to pass that guard. DC advanced to half over and over, but Anderson was too good at keeping him in the guard and wasn't going to break his hold and try something new like most guys would've after eating a fuck ton of forearms to the face like he was.

Love you iGnP, but can't believe you'd think an Olympic caliber athlete would put what has to be massive pride to the side, along with putting himself at risk for a loss to go easy on a guy who came in on short notice. At the end of the day, hes still one of the best ever
Lol you're gonna tell me Chael Sonnen could pass on Andy multiple times but DC wasn't able to? Hmmm

gonna stab at luque DEC +251, i think that very well could be how this fight goes (yes, he could sub urbina) -- it was +176, just hiked up to 251

Lol you're gonna tell me Chael Sonnen could pass on Andy multiple times but DC wasn't able to? Hmmm
Chael passed once in the second fight. The first fight he was in Andy's guard the whole time, and Andy fought with a broken rib.

But again, it comes down to how you approach the guard. I'd have to watch the second fight again, but I feel confident Silva's goal wasn't to stall.

gonna stab at luque DEC +251, i think that very well could be how this fight goes (yes, he could sub urbina) -- it was +176, just hiked up to 251
With you, thats my play. Hoping still being a bit green + Urbina's toughness probably being his best quality pays off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back