UFN 95 - Cyborg vs Lansberg - Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do you think about Chagas striking? Erick's line going crazy. Must hammer it imo.
Not bad at all. He's got a heavy left leg, he did a good job of marching down Sergio, subtle head movement when the fists come flying. I favor him to win this fight since Silva is kind of the same, just with worse defense, no upside, no more roids, and sloppier boxing. Both guys throw great left kicks, but at least Chagas mixes up the timing. And as far as hands, Silva is fucking horrible and is out of position almost every time he throws them. At least Chagas seemingly knows his hands aren't the best right now so uses them only thoughtfully. What Silva has going for him is he's aggressive which can negate some of the kicking if he doesn't let Chagas come at him like Sergio did

With that said, the lines are out of control right now. I'll throw Silva in my round robin, but that's it

Not bad at all. He's got a heavy left leg, he did a good job of marching down Sergio, subtle head movement when the fists come flying. I favor him to win this fight since Silva is kind of the same, just with worse defense, no upside, no more roids, and sloppier boxing. Both guys throw great left kicks, but at least Chagas mixes up the timing. And as far as hands, Silva is fucking horrible and is out of position almost every time he throws them. At least Chagas seemingly knows his hands aren't the best right now so uses them only thoughtfully. What Silva has going for him is he's aggressive which can negate some of the kicking if he doesn't let Chagas come at him like Sergio did

With that said, the lines are out of control right now. I'll throw Silva in my round robin, but that's it
Has Chagas had his chin tested yet?

Hard to give the best opinion, I only got to watch him vs Sergio. To his credit in that fight, he only got hit hard once that I recall, and took it well. Upon rewatch I was actually impressed with how little Sergio was able to do in the stand up. I'm impressed by Chagas in general, i'm kicking myself for not getting any tapewatch time before lines cause in hindsight I would've loved him as a dog.

i'm about to do my first round robin, like a foul goblin.

Hard to give the best opinion, I only got to watch him vs Sergio. To his credit in that fight, he only got hit hard once that I recall, and took it well. Upon rewatch I was actually impressed with how little Sergio was able to do in the stand up. I'm impressed by Chagas in general, i'm kicking myself for not getting any tapewatch time before lines cause in hindsight I would've loved him as a dog.
I was gonna play Smolka hard, I'm really not impressed w little Pettis. Ah too bad. Thanks for that btw

Edit I know you were talking about Sergio Moraes, but when you said Sergio I got sad bc I remembered he Pettis fight being canceled lol

Last edited:
Short notice:
- Godofredo Pepey (in for Renato Carneiro) vs. Mike De La Torre (1 month)
- Opponents switched after injuries [Shinsho Anzai vs. Luan Chagas] and [Brandon Thatch vs. Erick Silva] (1 month)
- Glaico França (in for Joaquim Silva) vs. Gregor Gillespie (1 month)

I see some Chagas fights here Brazil and 90% his opponents are poor striking game, maybe Merenda (Marreta training partner) have good striking, medium power, but nothing fenomenal.
Hard to talk if Chagas have great chin. Imo opinion this odds are crazy, the correct odds will be even or Chagas small favorite (1.80 Chagas / 2.10 Silva).

I see some Chagas fights here Brazil and 90% his opponents are poor striking game, maybe Merenda (Marreta training partner) have good striking, medium power, but nothing fenomenal.
Hard to talk if Chagas have great chin. Imo opinion this odds are crazy, the correct odds will be even or Chagas small favorite (1.80 Chagas / 2.10 Silva).
Are you gonna bet Silva then? He has too many red flags for me to ever bet on but I might just stay away at this point

Are you gonna bet Silva then? He has too many red flags for me to ever bet on but I might just stay away at this point
Small on Chagas as dog @2.30 in monday.
I will bet heavy on livebet, pre fight just max 1u maybe 2u. In live i like bet 3u or more...

Silva have experience but poor camp for this fight, Chagas no experience but hungry.

This will be crazy fight, i like a lot.

Small on Chagas as dog @2.30 in monday.
I will bet heavy on livebet, pre fight just max 1u maybe 2u. In live i like bet 3u or more...

Silva have experience but poor camp for this fight, Chagas no experience but hungry.

This will be crazy fight, i like a lot.
Yeah it'll be a fun fight. Silva is such a flake though. Cardio issues, chin issues, quitting issues, possible PED issues. I'd be happy to fade him in a close fight regardless of odds

I fail to see the hype on Chagas. Having a close fight with Moraes means nothing.

Even if you consider Erick's inferior fight camp, post usada question marks, and lack of motivation, I still think its more than enough to defeat Chagas. I'm completely befuddled with the line flip. I thought +120 was a steal on Erick...

Someone either knows something we don't or someones making a big mistake betting on Chagas.

I fail to see the hype on Chagas. Having a close fight with Moraes means nothing.

Even if you consider Erick's inferior fight camp, post usada question marks, and lack of motivation, I still think its more than enough to defeat Chagas. I'm completely befuddled with the line flip. I thought +120 was a steal on Erick...

Someone either knows something we don't or someones making a big mistake betting on Chagas.

my guess is some tout(s) recommended Chagas

Silva is a complete flake and it seems like more than just question marks post USADA. Plus he fades badly in some fights. And he looked absolutely awful in his last fight even before he got blasted.

He's more talented so not saying I'm betting Chagas either. I like to bet on every fight, but this one screams live bet only to me. I just have no idea what to expect from Silva now.

if erick silva gets to +160 i have to take him on principle

23 year old fights a legit mid tier WW on 2 weeks notice and looks like he could've won if he just had better cardio and you're not impressed? Hell, there was one point he almost took Moraes back and Moraes is extremely high level in BJJ. Don't overlook this dude, especially when the other side is Erick Silva

Silva is a complete flake and it seems like more than just question marks post USADA. Plus he fades badly in some fights. And he looked absolutely awful in his last fight even before he got blasted.

He's more talented so not saying I'm betting Chagas either. I like to bet on every fight, but this one screams live bet only to me. I just have no idea what to expect from Silva now.

Silvas only 'bad' performance really is against Taleb who trains at Tristar under the striking genius Zahabi. Other than that everything Erick has done in the UFC is much better than whatever Chagas has done.

Moraes is the flake, the guy dominates Neil Magny in the first round then some people thought he lost to a non UFC Caliber fighter in Lebout. Moraes was losing to Omari until Omari gassed out. (Omari is mid tier as it gets)

Apart from a close fight with a flaky Moraes, what exactly has Chagas done to make you think he will win this fight? Let alone be the favorite. Erick being in a close fight with Magny is much better than whatever Chagas has shown us so far in his career.

23 year old fights a legit mid tier WW on 2 weeks notice and looks like he could've won if he just had better cardio and you're not impressed?

This is where I totally disagree with you. Moares is low tier to me. period. BJJ Champ means nothing if you cant back it up in MMA.

Something odd with SkyBet. They've got Nelson ML 1/4 but his ITD odds are somehow worse at 2/11. It's the same for the main event, they've got Lansberg 13/2 to win by any means but only 11/2 ITD. What's going on here? Have they just made a mistake?

This is how I see the Erick Chagas fight:

Pre USADA Erick Destroys Chagas. Post USADA Erick Defeats Chagas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back