News UPDATE: UFC Unveiling Completely New Gloves At UFC 300 Confirmed By Chase Hooper

I know it's doing a lot of big sponsorships but is the public actually consuming the product. I feel like a lot of business is done like that nowadays...the public doesn't even need to be a consumer, corporations just find a way to manipulate things to generate massive profits. Kind of like this new era of sideshow Saudi boxing fights. No one cares or is watching but there's hundreds of millions of dollars involved.
Kids drinking this shit up.
It's new era Gatorade for this generation.
Wise business on behalf of Logan and others involved.

Was it this crap? https://www.mmafighting.com/2024/4/...max-holloway-and-zhang-weili-ahead-of-ufc-300
GKviMgIXYAA01ot

Luis Resto and Panama Lewis as well.
Yeah that whole Resto case was insane. Years ago i watched a documentary on it and Resto was just such a piece of shit. Billy Collins Jr. lost his eyesight and could never box again and tragically died not too long after i believe. Can't remember if it was a suicide or car crash or something like that? But he clearly ruined the dude's life completely. He should have been charged with attemped murder IMO.

New gloves are a carbon copy of RDX. I have been collecting gloves for about 20 years and have over 100 pairs still to this day. The new UFC are a bit disappointing

Last edited:
The new glove “design “ to me it’s a huge disappointment but I’m trying to stay positive. They look so corporate. So bland. And the knuckles are not curved like PFL or Rizin. They look like the training version of UFC gloves.

The wrist is also half size, so you’ll see the red and blue tape cut in half to tape them . I thought they would be more curved. The visuals looked okay. But it’s not much of an improvement. The technology they are using has been around forever. Have you guys ever seen RDX gloves? It’s the exact same thing almost carbon copied.
IMG_3186.jpeg

I guess UFC went with a sport equipment brand Visic. wish it would’ve been an established brand like Fairtex, Hayabusa, or Everlast.

I’ll get a pair eventually but I’m not in a hurry that’s for sure. I wonder what the price tag will be. The old ufc gloves are still $120 on ufc website!

I'm all for the new fans it brings, but the "influencers" attached to it are just majorly cringe to me.
Then again Monster and Hans Molenkamp are majorly cringe too so its a double edged sword. Lol
I love Prime, Celcious, and Monster.

ITS KEEPING MY RED BULLS AT $2 😃

The new glove “design “ to me it’s a huge disappointment but I’m trying to stay positive. They look so corporate. So bland. And the knuckles are not curved like PFL or Rizin. They look like the training version of UFC gloves.

The wrist is also half size, so you’ll see the red and blue tape cut in half to tape them . I thought they would be more curved. The visuals looked okay. But it’s not much of an improvement. The technology they are using has been around forever. Have you guys ever seen RDX gloves? It’s the exact same thing almost carbon copied.
View attachment 1039050

I guess UFC went with a sport equipment brand Visic. wish it would’ve been an established brand like Fairtex, Hayabusa, or Everlast.

I’ll get a pair eventually but I’m not in a hurry that’s for sure. I wonder what the price tag will be. The old ufc gloves are still $120 on ufc website!
I'm still shocked that a Hayabusa/UFC thing hasn't happened yet, but I can imagine it's a price point thing for them 100%. Cool gloves, what are your favorites from your collection?

I'm still shocked that a Hayabusa/UFC thing hasn't happened yet, but I can imagine it's a price point thing for them 100%. Cool gloves, what are your favorites from your collection?
Fairtex are by far the most comfortable and reliable. IFL, WEC, Strikeforce, Affliction, and many early regional shows all used them. They are excellent especially for being a 2006 design!

But my favorite gloves are my Pride FC. Definitely my most prized possession when it comes to gloves.

Current gloves being used… nothing can compare to RIZIN. The thing just molds to your hand. Unbelievable quality too!

These Rizin gloves are the best on the market iMO. They are exactly like Pride and Dream (minus the laces) but even more CURVE!

IMG_3204.jpegIMG_3205.jpeg

So many people bitching but all that matters in the end is if the fighters who actually use them like them. Until we see complaints from them I’m going to hold my judgement. All in all this is a great step in the right direction.

So many people bitching but all that matters in the end is if the fighters who actually use them like them. Until we see complaints from them I’m going to hold my judgement. All in all this is a great step in the right direction.
Im watching the gloves presentation, the fighters that appeaed there talking gloves up all are up and comers, get the UFC 300 to use them, not saying tonight, but as in warmups, training during fight week, get their words after, known fighters, not the little girl who´s gimmick is to jump into the arms of the presenters and some other guy i dont know who he was, the UFC has a ridiculous issue with eye pokes, this gloves if anything will make it even easier...they are straight AF and fingers look to be a bit more free, sure great for fighting, not fixing anything.

Last edited:
New gloves are a carbon copy of RDX. I have been collecting gloves for about 20 years and have over 100 pairs still to this day. The new UFC are a bit disappointing

are you talking about martial arts gloves or just regular gloves off the victims you've murdered?

It’s definitely a step in the right direction. But that said being year 2024 it’s kind of crazy they didn’t have a better glove. The new one doesn’t looked much more curved , and the material looks cheaper.

The backlash is from UFC not addressing this problem over a decade ago. Even Bellator had curved gloves back in 2014. i expected a higher quality. The UFC didn’t need to get a football helmet company to do any glove research, plenty of manufacturers figured it out long ago. Including Trevor Wittman, he highlighted his own gloves on Joe Rogans podcast when eye pokes were a discussion.

One FC are still using the glove model from Strikeforce… the Fairtex FG12 glove. It earned Glove of the year in 2008. It’s an excellent design!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back